test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about lifetime players and free regular players

averymoon13averymoon13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
What is difference between lifetime subscribed players and non subscribe players. I play via steam and only buy items occasion. Is the game play different or what. Do I only get access to certain things during gamplay. Would like to know. Plus the current game agents of yesterday why is gameplay basicly the same as before seems to me nothing different except when you first start as new person and always getting message saying timeline is ok will let you know when something comes up. I thought was above temperol problem in timeline. Any info will be a help

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Lifetime:

You get the list of veteran rewards listed, which are mostly the same on console and PC except that console costs less but does not get a 500 zen monthly stipend. One of the benefits is +5% XP gain which does mean leveling up new characters goes a little faster.

STO does not lock out any story content or gear for non-subscribers, all you are missing are the benefits and rewards that are listed.

AoY / TOS character

Gameplay IS the same once you reach modern times. The only difference is you get the different beam out effects, sound effects, user interface colors, other visual effects. The stories you play through are the same as for a regular Federation captain.
  • Options
    You get access to a special subscriber-only place accessible by a special blue portal on every factions homeworks in space. Also, there's a nice 200 Zen bonus every month (no need to work the dil mines!) Also there is like one or two subscriber only ships and a captains yacht you can get.

The most op thing about this is the Zen bonus. Many people have made themselves op via the C-store. I am op only with equipment from the story missions and summer/winter/other events. (except for my stalker fighter, and maybe keys I bought by converting dil into zen) but it took me a very long time to finally become op without the C-store.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    How is it op to pay $200 or $300 to get a $5 a month zen stipend? It is going to take you 40 or 60 months to get back the money you spent. Just buying the zen is easier :)

The only reason to get the LTS is if you want the benefits like respec tokens and the cross-faction ships. Buying it for the zen stipend is silly.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    What is the difference between lifetime players and free regular players? Money usually. :p

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    What is difference between lifetime subscribed players and non subscribe players. I play via steam and only buy items occasion. Is the game play different or what. Do I only get access to certain things during gamplay. Would like to know. Plus the current game agents of yesterday why is gameplay basicly the same as before seems to me nothing different except when you first start as new person and always getting message saying timeline is ok will let you know when something comes up. I thought was above temperol problem in timeline. Any info will be a help

About half way down this linked thread I looked at the value of a Lifetime Subscription. Note that this is the PC version of it; I am not familiar with the console version to determine whether there are differences.

If you are buying it just for the 500 Zen per month stipend, then - as @davefenestrator has said - you're doing it wrong. But, there are quite a few other things that an LTS offers that you cannot get even if you just purchased Zen.

Still, I recommend waiting for the LTS to go on sale - for US$199 rather than the normal US$299 - if you're on PC.