test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - SEPTEMBER 30, 2016

Tribble has been updated to: ST.66.20160925a.3

General:
  • Resolved numerous graphics related issues occurring on Tribble caused by the update to a higher quality lighting system.
    • Players with DX9 and DX10 only capable cards will no longer crash when logging in.
    • The graphics quality will be largely improved when at low graphic settings.
    • Graphics related options have been altered.
      • This is still largely a work in progress but some changes are present in the options menu.
  • K-13 Fleet Holding
    • Players are no longer stuck on the ground map of K-13.
    • The door from system to ground requires T1 unlocks in all 3 categories.
    • Additional updates have been made for environment art and icons.
    • Resolved an issue where NPCs would attack Klingon captains.
  • Foundry functions are now available.

Known Issues:
  • Graphics update is still a work in progress.
  • Starbase K-13 is still a work in progress.
  • Incorrect text can be seen for missions in the mission tracker.

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2016

General:
    • Resolved numerous graphics related issues occurring on Tribble caused by the update to a higher quality lighting system.
      • Players with DX9 and DX10 only capable cards will no longer crash when logging in.
      • The graphics quality will be largely improved when at low graphic settings.
      • Graphics related options have been altered.
        • This is still largely a work in progress but some changes are present in the options menu.

Yay! No more having to have that console command in there all the time in order for the game to work!

On a another note, your XBOX graphics need work. A lot of invisible interactive objects there.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Game still crashes with a Titan-X
    Bridger.png
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    K-13 doesn't have a sector space marker. If it's in the Deneva System, there's no Sector Space interact. We are Tier 1 in everything.

Also, as a clarification...we can't board K-13 unless everything is Tier 1?
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Is Kemocite back?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    bridgern wrote: »

I can confirm that. Same issue here.
  • stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User

Hmmm my game is not crashing with the Titan-X.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User

Does it crash with the lighting updates activated or on certain DirectX settings?
  • pmsakaaripmsakaari Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    at this point I hope you are working on a quick patch: when you run a new 23rd century character when they get to the 25th you can't complete welcome to earth spacedock. It seems Lt Laurel is broken
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    • Foundry functions are now available.

The Foundry still seems to be disabled.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    @coldsnapped - If we have to use DX9 (due to our cards being DX11 but with the new lighting system cant use Dx11 due to extreme performance issues) does that mean we will not be able to get the new lighting systems??
    JtaDmwW.png
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    • Resolved an issue where NPCs would attack Klingon captains.

But I have to say it got them out of stasis a lot quicker than normal :smiley:

One thing I did notice though KDF side (and forgive me if this is already rectified) is that the tailor contact is missing from the map.

Apart from that I have to say the new lighting looks great especally Drozana and Risa and love the look of the new holding, looking forward to it release onto Holodeck.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

I am happy that I am not alone but I am sorry for you.
    What version of the Titan-X do you have?

Bridger.png
    entnx01 wrote: »

Does it crash with the lighting updates activated or on certain DirectX settings?

I can't get past the Cryptic Loading Screen.

Bridger.png
  • antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Still Crash´s on K-13 when i wanna talk to Weapon Vendor after i hit Store Button.Tailor Work.

Do you use the Maxwell or Pascall version of the Titan-X

Bridger.png
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm trying to look at this patch, but every time i reach around 80% download, the launcher just crash with a cryptic error. It did that 2 times, idk why.
    Edit: nevermind, fixed :)
    Post edited by nandospc on
  • starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2016

I am happy that I am not alone but I am sorry for you.
    What version of the Titan-X do you have?

I have no idea, it's just NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X. I crash when I turn on Lighting 2.0.
  • stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User

Do you use the Maxwell or Pascall version of the Titan-X

Maxwell
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Known Issues:
    • Graphics update is still a work in progress.
    • Starbase K-13 is still a work in progress.
    • Incorrect text can be seen for missions in the mission tracker.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not: The italic text in the mission tracker is smaller on Tribble than on Holodeck.

Mission tracker (Holodeck 10/02/2016)
    http://i.imgur.com/POrq39E.png

Mission tracker (Tribble 10/02/2016)
    http://i.imgur.com/0ZNyvy6.png

Also, see the following related bug reports from a year ago:

Holodeck ticket 3,687,949: Kerning change in contact window title
    Holodeck ticket 3,787,419: Kerning change to almost all text in the game
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited October 2016
    I have a technical question for the devs. I noticed that my space camera type kept getting reset to "Free camera" whenever I loaded my old UI files on Tribble. I eventually figured out that it was because the iVersion of "Scheme Space Stospacegameplay" was changed from 4 to 5. But in the process, I discovered that in addition to the variable eCameraType in my old UI files, there is now a new variable named eLastCameraType. These two variables always have the same value, as far as I can determine. What is the purpose of the redundant variable eLastCameraType?
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    qVpg1km.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    @coldsnapped - If we have to use DX9 (due to our cards being DX11 but with the new lighting system cant use Dx11 due to extreme performance issues) does that mean we will not be able to get the new lighting systems??

Well, thank goodness I am not the only one with weird issues: Can't use Lighting 2.0 without all movement turning into a walk through molasses on ground...haven't tried space, yet.

I am still hopeful it is some stupid setting I can adjust down without having to turn off the new lighting, all together.

I see water in the (Fire Fountain on First City) disappear when I turn off something in the post-processing section (I think, can not remember what it was). But I don't think that is supposed to do that.

Frtoaster was able to help me figure out part of how things look so sharp and had weird edges was due to the anti-aliasing setting....which is on a different tab from the lighting stuff.

So, looks like a lot of fiddling with settings, still...on my end as well as on the game itself.

Suggestion to folks on middle-of-the-road machines, and iffy on understanding of all these graphics, to TEST things on Tribble and figure it out before it goes to Holodeck. And keep Google and Wiki handy to understand what these settings are supposed to do...sort of.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I see water in the (Fire Fountain on First City) disappear when I turn off something in the post-processing section (I think, can not remember what it was). But I don't think that is supposed to do that.

In the graphics feedback thread, dragonsbite said there are some weird interactions between anti-aliasing, depth of field, and certain visual effects.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13075728/#Comment_13075728
    Doing some testing to see why water disappears on New Rom, SF Academy, etc etc. when disabling "Depth of Field". Also trying to figure out why some portraits are blurred.

Depth Of Field (ON)-Blurred Portraits (Tholian Commander on New Rom for example)

Depth of Field (OFF)-Water disappears on New Rom, SF Academy and laser lights disappear like the blue light webs with the things that cordon off an area (not sure what to call them) on New Rom etc, etc, etc (lots of messed up stuff).

AA (OFF)---Fixes Depth of Field (OFF) problem as above
    SMAA (ON)x2, x4, or x8---Breaks Depth of Field (OFF) as above
    TXAA (ON)x2 or x4---Breaks Depth of Field (OFF) as above
    FXAA (ON)---Fixes Depth of Field (OFF) problem as above
    qVpg1km.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »

In the graphics feedback thread, dragonsbite said there are some weird interactions between anti-aliasing, depth of field, and certain visual effects.

I think it was called "Cinematic---something" in the settings. I will double check today and make a note on the dragonsbite's thread.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin