test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sto xbox problems

okay i started playing the xbox version for something new, and i can't find the way to check the diplomacy and need to find out how because some of the missions need it and wont let me access the diplomatic speech bubbles. Please help me find it way to check it on the xbox.

Comments

• dolzaurdolzaur Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    diplomacy is part of the duty officer system that is currently NOT available on console version.....even though captain stats shows it unlocking at lvl 11......and ignore all those duty officer level rewards as well.....i highly doubt they will patch it retroactively when they do add it. :/
  • norrathreavernorrathreaver Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    This is why I'm waiting awhile and just building up Zen using Microsoft Rewards and not even playing the Xbox version for a while. I'm waiting for things to get patched in and other content to drop first.

I do have a toon I made...but that was just to play around with temporarily...that's why his ship is the USS Red Shirt lol...because he let's face it...he's not making it. ;)
  • oldnruty#8528 oldnruty Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Was never a star trek fan, but this game was a free DL on xbox so tried it out. Must say it's got me interested in sto and also have started watching the tv shows on netflix... STO on xbox being my first experience can anyone tell me what other things are not yet active on the xbox version? There are a lot of things I keep getting confused with and am now thinking a lot of that confusion is because the things I'm looking to explore and learn about aren't in the game. Duty Officers, Crafting? (can upgrade existing things, but i see a section in the exchange for receipes?) Anyone have a compiled list of all the things you lucky PC users have in your game but are not in the console version yet? Anyways great game so far... feels a bit beta... but assuming because of how new it is on the console they have to polish it a bit?
  • mhotep71#2255 mhotep71 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Been trying to figure out how to give my BOFF a Speciality...Some sort of training manual that I simply can't find anywhere to purchase...is this another xbox issue or am I simply not understanding it?
  • robby0321robby0321 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    You can't fix stupid! It's you not an issue console noob
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Been trying to figure out how to give my BOFF a Speciality...Some sort of training manual that I simply can't find anywhere to purchase...is this another xbox issue or am I simply not understanding it?
    Have you found the Bridge Officer Training Manual Vendor yet? As I understand, as long as consoles don't have access to crafting, you can find a specialization training manual at that vendor. I am not sure if there are any requirements to purchasing them - on PC, it's a type of Crafting task, and you can only do it if you have sufficiently advanced in the spec. (I believe the manual unlocks at 10 points in the respective specializations.)

It will apparently not take long until Duty Officers, Admiralty, Crafting and Fleet Holdings come to consoles. Looks like it will be the update on November the 15th . (Though only Fleet Holdings and Crafting have been officially announced yet - but both involve Duty Officers, it would be strange to omit them. And for Admiralty, apparently people have already noticed that they get the Admirality cards when gaining a ship, they just don't have a UI to check or use afterwards)
    dolzaur wrote:
    diplomacy is part of the duty officer system that is currently NOT available on console version.....even though captain stats shows it unlocking at lvl 11......and ignore all those duty officer level rewards as well.....i highly doubt they will patch it retroactively when they do add it
    I's actually very likely that you'll get any DOFF related unlocks retroactively.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.