test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 nebula/Sovereign/nova whats the hold up?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    there are kitbashes, then there are UGLY kitbashes. Nebula is not ugly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    there are kitbashes, then there are UGLY kitbashes. Nebula is not ugly.

Who said the Nebula is ugly ? I certainly didn't.
    The implication is that the New Orleans IS ugly. :p

Also... what stats would it have?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I'd buy the new Orleans. But then I own every "canon" ship already, so I'm an outlier like that. If it was on TV or in a ST movie (even just as a floating hulk as the New Orleans was at Wolf 359....) But I would buy it, or a T6 nebula. Or any of the kitbashes. That IS what star trek has always been about anyway, kinda disgusted by some of the designs we have in the game as Fed, or Klingon, or Romulan. Based on what we KNOW (i.e. have seen as 100% "authentic"), about 50% or more of what is in the game is not only non-canon, but completely divergent from what you would actually expect of the Star Trek universe.
  • flumfflumf Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4x1K97JZG0
    T-6 sovereign console?
    Manual Steering column!/ Riker maneuver!
    passive +speed, turn, Def
    Active + bigtime speed, turn, def
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    what class would we make the t6 miranda ?? and now that i think about where is the t6 vesta i was about to name this devs why do you hate the nebula ? lol yall remember that thread for the galaxy ? hahaha good times
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    wildweasal wrote: »
    what class would we make the t6 miranda ??

Light cruiser. It would have similiar stats to the T6 connie, maybe trade hull for DHCs but essentially it's the same ship class in STO as the T6 TOS ships. It would be a slightly toned down version for the peasants.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited September 2016
    flumf wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4x1K97JZG0
    T-6 sovereign console?
    Manual Steering column!/ Riker maneuver!
    passive +speed, turn, Def
    Active + bigtime speed, turn, def

Cool and all but that maneuver so shouldn't have worked without the Enterprise also being caught by that gas clouds explosion, she also left a trail behind her which would have ignited and followed back to the ram scoop. I guess we have to put it down to a wizard did it moment :)
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Maybe Geordi closed the ram scoop valves at the last moment. He certainly didn't wait to be told to eject the warp core.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    what class would we make the t6 miranda ??

Light cruiser. It would have similiar stats to the T6 connie, maybe trade hull for DHCs but essentially it's the same ship class in STO as the T6 TOS ships. It would be a slightly toned down version for the peasants.​​

Yeah, a T6 Miranda would definitely be able to do a little bit of everything, but be good at nothing, really. It'd basically be a solid support craft of any kind.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I gave up on asking them for t6 ships. I mean hey they screwed us over by putting the kelvin t6 connie in lockboxes and the tos t6 connie in promo packs. I like this game but when they do these moneygrabs it makes my like for this game dwindle.
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    I gave up on asking them for t6 ships. I mean hey they screwed us over by putting the kelvin t6 connie in lockboxes and the tos t6 connie in promo packs. I like this game but when they do these moneygrabs it makes my like for this game dwindle.

i fail to understand the hate for them doing this i mean after all they have to make money ....i mena its what happens when game is F2P i mean think about it if it was you making the call ..yes pit it in the boxes ...hell i dont want it to be everywhere i want it to be exclusive
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
    and now that i think about it ....where the f%^k is the t6 steam runner ??? t6 norway ??? ...its such a shutup and take my money thing
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • dragon200052dragon200052 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Well the Problem with the Sovereign is what console would it have the T5 zen Ship already has the Riker Manuover http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Riker_Maneuver so it would have to be something intresting.
    Maybe launches a captain's yacht i dont know but they do need to get a fair few ships updated like Nebula,Nova,Steamrunner and so on.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    and now that i think about it ....where the f%^k is the t6 steam runner ??? t6 norway ??? ...its such a shutup and take my money thing
    Yeah, the Norway class is long overdue, as a T6 or otherwise. And now that the Steamrunner is apparently no longer available for purchase, I'd say a T6 version should be made more of a priority.
  • huntor2huntor2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    T6 Sovy, with commander tactical seating

nuff said...

And oh yeah, the 3 pack Nebula have my vote too
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    In addition to reyan's comment, my ROM and KDF toons are also still waiting for some proper T6 science vessels, faction appropriate though. :(
    Post edited by plaztikman64 on
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    In addition to reyan's comment, my ROM and KDF toons are also still waiting for some proper T6 science vessels, faction appropriate though. :(

Yes, please
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    If a Nebula 3-pack leads to Rom/KDF 3-packs of science cruisers, than I would buy it even faster than I would already buy a T6 Nebula 3-pack.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    If a Nebula 3-pack leads to Rom/KDF 3-packs of science cruisers, than I would buy it even faster than I would already buy a T6 Nebula 3-pack.
    Nebula/Ha'nom/Varanus plz. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    what class would we make the t6 miranda ?? s

Give it the extra pieces from both the Soyaz and Saratoga. That would be awesome.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913

(shudders) what if they crammed it into a .................wait for it...........LOCKBOX?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User

(shudders) what if they crammed it into a .................wait for it...........LOCKBOX?
    Who pee'd in your Cheerios today?

That wasn't very nice...

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

I would be okay with it actually if they did it as a jj'trek/kelvin-universe lockbox with the corresponding Nebula/Ha'nom/Varanus.
    now that i think about it are there any t6 gorn ships?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

nope.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Not that I know of. Most of the kdf ships are klingon designs, and so I think it would be nice to see a few non-klingon ships. THough I would rather see a Orion science ship, a Gorn cruiser, and also I would love to see them make a Ferasan destroyer or bird of prey (if they did that though I would not mind if they made it that both this an the atrox were open to be bought by bioth sides, while also giving each other additional parts to customize them.
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    T6 would be great, but what I really want are remastered models. Each one of those ships looks extremely dated compared to the updated Defiant, Galaxy, Akira, Intrepid, etc.
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    @Cryptic:

Ignore ALL Federation requests, and focus finally on the Romulan - and Klingon Factions.
    Those need this, and DESERVE this, to become equal in all with the bloody Federation.

Thank you.
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
    When questioned about bringing the tier 6 Nebula to STO Captain Jean Luc Picard had this to say

https://youtu.be/-ZxHAZChcYU