test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] Priority One Podcast 288 | Old Starbase New

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
Greetings, Admirals! You’re listening to EPISODE 288 OF PRIORITY ONE PODCAST, your weekly report on all things Star Trek! Available for download or streaming on Monday, September 26th, 2016 at PriorityOnePodcast.com!

This week we Trek Out the latest news in Star Trek including release dates for the home release of Star Trek Beyond and clarification from CBS President Les Moonves over the delay of Star Trek Discovery. We also mention a very special fan-made video celebrating the 50 years of Star Trek. In Star Trek Online news, there’s a new ship bundle arriving for console players, and we’ve finally got news of a big new feature expected in the next seasonal update. Then, Dr. Robert Hurt checks in from Astrometrics with a new map of our Milky Way galaxy.

And as always, before we wrap up the show, we’ll open hailing frequencies for your incoming messages!

TOPICS DISCUSSED
Trek It Out Star Trek Online News Tracking the Devs Astrometrics Report

This week’s Community Questions:

Now that we’ve had some time to think about what it means for Star Trek Discovery to have been delayed until May of 2017 – Do you think more time will give the creative team an opportunity to produce a great Star Trek Series for a new generation of Trekkies?
Do the special features entice you enough to purchase the bluray edition exclusive to Target?
What TOS-themed gear would you most like to see become available through the new Starbase K-13 in Star Trek Online? It could be weapons, devices, or even costumes!

Let us know YOUR thoughts on this week’s episode by commenting below!

BE SURE TO VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE PREMIER STAR TREK ONLINE PODCAST!

Priority One Productions is always looking for new team members that have a passion for Star Trek. Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well-known outlet for your work. If you have a skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by THIS LINK and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? You can also follow us on the social media sites! We’re on Facebook! Head over to WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIORITYONEPODCAST and say, “Hi!” Or, Check us out on Twitter via @stopriorityone for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below or CONTACT US via our handy web form! Enjoy the show!

STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
Web: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po288
iTunes: Priority One Podcast

SUBSCRIBE:
OUR RSS FEED

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
STOPriorityONE​​
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Now that we’ve had some time to think about what it means for Star Trek Discovery to have been delayed until May of 2017 – Do you think more time will give the creative team an opportunity to produce a great Star Trek series for a new generation of Trekkies?
    Putting aside my Office-derived response from last week :grin:, I do hope that this delay will give the team the breathing room that they need to do their due diligence in researching the lore, and make something that obsessive slightly neurotic dedicated Trekkies will enjoy immersing themselves in, along with newer viewers.

Do the special features entice you enough to purchase the Blu-Ray edition exclusive to Target?
    Meh, some picture cards and behind-the-scenes content, nothing there that really grabs my attention. It's for the best though, those kind of store-specific exclusives really bug me...having the same stuff available to everyone IS a Star Trek idea, right?

What TOS-themed gear would you most like to see become available through the new Starbase K-13 in Star Trek Online? It could be weapons, devices, or even costumes!
    Whatdoyagot? Space gear, ground gear, kit modules, Purple-quality TOS bridge officers, duty officers, Nomad pets, outfits...I think K-13 comes with the Engineering Jumpsuit, yes? (Go Space Janitors!)

Also want a food dispenser (read: NOT a replicator) that gives out those colorful food blocks. I hear that the 'blue' and 'yellow' ones are amaa-zing. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]