test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quick Tetryon Query

It seems to me, that there is Tetryon beam weapon who's visual is a series of blue pulses... as opposed to the continuous beam. I want to say that it is a Hirogen weapon, but cannot remember for sure.

Comments

• nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Tholians, too. It looks a bit like a fuzzy blue line, and makes a raspy sound when fired. That thing that looks like lightning is probably going to be the tetryon cascade effect from Tholian rep gear (and maybe some other things).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I don't remember seeing a pulsing Tetryon beam weapon, and I actually use Tetryon in a couple builds.

Wait... The T5 Nukara Rep Power and the Nukara set power might count as pulsing as they expand and contract between targets when they can chain. They're not actual weapons, but activatable abilities.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Hmmm... maybe I'm losing my mind...
    Do a Crystalline Catastrophe event, and you will see tetryon beams - lots of them.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Resonant Disruptor Beam Array is a pulse beam that kind of looks like a tractor beam if thats what you are thinking of

Huh... never used the Resonant Disruptor Beam myself, but yea... if its like the dual heavies... the visuals would be different. But if the rest of the attacks are Tetryon... having a disruptor wouldn't make sense. Also I don't think it would stand out as much mixed in with Tetryon beams.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    The 360 Tetryon from the Krenim set is a slightly different color if I am not mistaken.
  • storobertpraetorstorobertpraetor Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Humm isn't the vaudwarr poloran beams a blue pulse?

This. I use the Vaudwarr polarn beams on a character and they fire all as blue pulses.

Humm isn't the vaudwarr poloran beams a blue pulse?

This. I use the Vaudwarr polarn beams on a character and they fire all as blue pulses.
    That must be what I am thinking of... will have to check that out... ty
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I would kill for Tetryon Weapons that fired in pulses. I wish they existed, but sadly.. they don't.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    scififan78 wrote: »
    The 360 Tetryon from the Krenim set is a slightly different color if I am not mistaken.

It's red.
    I would kill for Tetryon Weapons that fired in pulses. I wish they existed, but sadly.. they don't.

They do exist, and are called "cannons." :P