Install Arc
Options

A revolutionary world pvp idea

vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited July 2016 in PvP Gameplay
Hello guys :)

I decided to try some pvp, just to find out nobody is playing it
2psn149.png
I hate to be a combo breaker but this option is dead, nobody is using it, basically you can remove it altogether

So i have been thinking about what would great pvp in STO look like, and this is what i came up with:

*World PvP red alert*

How does it work ?

It is a similar to a challenge mode yet very different, these are the rules

*Players can toggle themselves with PvP red alert "on" and "off"
- The default option is off.

*When player toggle himself with "PvP red alert on", he/she immediately become visible to other players with "PvP red alert on" in the Galaxy map. In the galaxy map, they are shown as "hostile ships".
- The idea is that players will be visible to one another, track and attack each other.
- Only PvP red alert players of the same rank can see each other (captains see captains only for example)

*Players with "PvP red alert on" will not have "challenge" option but rather have "attack option"
- Players who are attacked are alarmed, they can choose to either engage the attacker or disengage.
- if 15 seconds pass by without choosing, the system will auto choose "disengage"
- if the defender chooses "engage" both players will drop out of warp in an environment that resembles the location they find themselves in
the galaxy (it will be dull, if the environment is always the same, it will make people bored quickly, little things DO matter)

*Rules of Combat
- There are 3 rounds
- The first to win 2 rounds wins
- If the game takes more than 15 minutes it is a draw (no matter if someone is leading or not) the idea is to prevent abusive cloak behavior

- If someone is caught on with cloak-on after the 15 minutes time runs out he loses

*Rewards
- Winner gets 6000exp; 5000spec; 35000 EC; 20% chance for 1 lobby crystal; 10% chance for 2 lobby crystal; 8% chance for 1 zen; 4% chance for 2 zen; 1% chance to get masters key
- Loser gets 5000exp; 4000spec; 25000 EC; 10%chance for 1 lobby crystal; 5% chance for 2 lobby crystal; 8% chance for 1 zen; 4% chance for 2 zen; 1% chance to get masters key
- Draw means both players get loser's reward
Note: the basic reward is similar to what one gets from an ordinary patrol mission, PLUS little chance of getting little bit of something nice.

*Restriction Players may do only one attack/defense in radius of 40LY ? every 30 minutes
- This restriction is made for the same reason patrol missions have it
- It is also to make players spread out in the galaxy map and not to sit lets say near the solar system all day long

@Commentary on the purpose and the goals of the system:
- The idea of this PvP system is to make players go out and explore, meet friends and foes and socialize.
I think 1on1 PvP have a great social aspect because the players are actually talking to each other and discussing what is happening,
i think many friendships will be forged this way, some bitter enmities of bad losers too, no doubt
- Engaging other people is not the same as engaging NPC, the value of items, ships and good gear and generally the desire to be better will be increased because of the social aspect of it
- People will want to try new builds, new ships, new strategies and show themselves up to other people.

One final note - FOR THE LOVE OF GOOD GAMING, DONT EVER LISTEN TO BALANCE WHINERS, this are the types of people who think the world spins around them, always demanding to be given the edge without earning it. Infact, i have seen many games ruined by developers who listen to this type of egoistic pseudo-feedback, not only did they listen and the damaged their games but the balance whiners didn't shut up either.

In otherwords keep the game creative, innovative and wild wild west-like

Comments

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    What's a lobby crystal? :D
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Lobi crystal*
  • Options
    stoopitnoobstoopitnoob Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I think a open sector with pvp enabled would be a great feature. You can use dailies for fleets and other nonessential story arcs which would be able to foster the pvp part of sto. The problem with queuing is that many people over look it. If there was a zone they can warp to, it may bring a few more curious players in.