test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime sub question

How many new doc's generally come out each year?

Also, at some point, could I transfer my Xbox character to PC?

Thirdly, what are the benefits? Is it worth it if you play a lot.
Don't think Harley, just shoot dammit.

Comments

• Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    Transfers wont happen..
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    1. Not sure what you mean by docs.
    2. There is no plans to transfer characters to a different server. Part of it has to do with Microsoft and Sony wanting their cut and the console versions aren't synched up with the PC version. The PC version almost always gets updates once a week while the consoles might get an update once a month. So if you create a PC character, a Xbox character, and a PS4 character, then they will always be separate.
    3. Here is all the benefits for the LTS pack. It is worth it if you have a bunch of alts and play a lot not if you just play a lot. If you are interested in it, then I suggest buying it today or tomorrow since the LTS sale for consoles is gone Tuesday at 10 AM.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,551 Arc User
    There is no schedule for adding any new benefits. Expect that you will not get anything that is not already listed. Think of it as buying a "veteran pack." If they add something new later, it's a bonus.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Typo docs means dlc's

DLCs would amount to anything that is in the C-Store, but it is mostly limited to uniforms and ships. There is absolutely no mission content that requires any DLC. So even if I pay thousands of dollars on the game, then I might have a cooler ship than someone that pays nothing, but I will be playing the exact same content as someone that has paid nothing. However, there is the Captain's Table that is only accessible to LTS players and players that have subscribed for 400 days. It is one of the least populated social areas and most players that have access to it just use it once or twice to see what it looks like.

Cryptic has released a few packs like the Legacy of Romulus bundle which contains a bunch of Tier 1 to Tier 5 ships for Romulans, the Delta Operations bundle which contained the first Tier 6 ships, and the Temporal Special Agent pack which included a bunch of 23rd Century and 26th Century Starfleet ships, 31st Century cross-faction ships, and other TOS items. All of these bundles cost over $100.
  • Options
    psyminion#6383 psyminion Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    for a lifetime sub on ps4, does it still include the 500zen/month stipend?
    can't seem to find that info...

I'm wet behind the ears in the game but I'm fully hooked.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,551 Arc User
    No. The list price is $100 less but there is no stipend.
  • Options
    psyminion#6383 psyminion Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    thank you very much for the prompt answer!
  • Options
    Sorry for another dumb question to add to the list.

Do you purchase the memberships on xbox via the xbox live store or from this arc website?
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    DLC's aren't included in Lifetime Subs anyway- you get a base list of benefits, a couple of ships and mainly bonuses such as character slots, ships slots, inventory and so forth. When a new release comes out (Legacy of Romulus, AOY, etc.) you still have to pay extra for anything you want on top of the LTS. Oh and the LTS does come with a monthly "stipend" of 500 Zen.

IMO, the LTS is worth it if you really enjoy the game and play a lot- or are a casual and want the benefits of a monthly sub but don't want to pay for something you'll feel is "wasted" in time.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    stickystickstickystick Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    2. There is no plans to transfer characters to a different server. Part of it has to do with Microsoft and Sony wanting their cut and the console versions aren't synched up with the PC version. The PC version almost always gets updates once a week while the consoles might get an update once a month. So if you create a PC character, a Xbox character, and a PS4 character, then they will always be separate.
    3. Here is all the benefits for the LTS pack. It is worth it if you have a bunch of alts and play a lot not if you just play a lot. If you are interested in it, then I suggest buying it today or tomorrow since the LTS sale for consoles is gone Tuesday at 10 AM.

I'd like you to provide some trustworthy sources to back your claims on this one.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    If you are
    starkaos wrote: »

I'd like you to provide some trustworthy sources to back your claims on this one.

If you are referring to #2 about account transfers, there was a Priority One Podcast sometime back in April or May where Steve Ricossa (Executive producer of STO) was interviewed and he stated the accounts are separate with no plans to allow people to transfer between PC and console.
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    null

no monthly zen on console.