test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4!

1151617181921»

Comments

• yohjoyohjo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    null
    Same question
  • yohjoyohjo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My issue is not with starting my character over, I just want to know if I have to purchase my ships over again? Everything else seems fair, but to purchase ships again? Seems a little unfair.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    yohjo wrote: »
    My issue is not with starting my character over, I just want to know if I have to purchase my ships over again? Everything else seems fair, but to purchase ships again? Seems a little unfair.

everything has to be bought again, you're probably better off on PC
  • pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    PWE and Cryptic should have just been honest. Maybe I missed it, but nothing I've read since the announcement of the consoles gave indication that PC gamers would lose their stuff. All the "look at our great lighting" and other blogs made is sound like the PC stuff and consoles would intertwine. I don't care about having to restart a character, but paid good money for my account unlocks and LTS. I'm not paying for it again. So like another person said, I will be F2P on the console as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    pegasuscic wrote: »
    PWE and Cryptic should have just been honest. Maybe I missed it, but nothing I've read since the announcement of the consoles gave indication that PC gamers would lose their stuff. All the "look at our great lighting" and other blogs made is sound like the PC stuff and consoles would intertwine. I don't care about having to restart a character, but paid good money for my account unlocks and LTS. I'm not paying for it again. So like another person said, I will be F2P on the console as well.

You didn't lose anything and a quick search of the forums would have gave your answers.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Cryptic seems to want to speed through everything in the console. Already they have a CE and mirror event scheduled a month apart. They want everyone to level to 50 at breakneck pace in order not to miss the one time ever exclusives.
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Cryptic seems to want to speed through everything in the console. Already they have a CE and mirror event scheduled a month apart. They want everyone to level to 50 at breakneck pace in order not to miss the one time ever exclusives.

There's only a very small minority (like me) that cares about the journey. Most MMO players want to get to max level ASAP so they "can play the game."
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • furiousfred77furiousfred77 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Even if they don't want to support cross play severs I can get that. I can understand how hard that would be for the console players to catch up. But to be honest they should have account synchronization. Give me my LTS and my z-store purchases on the consoles. This can be done without cross play and it is a good thing for STO. For example my friends stopped playing STO and because they stopped I don't play as much some times going months without playing that means I am going months of not buying things in the z-store. Now when I do play I still don't want to buy much in the z-store because I am not playing as much. However now that it is on console I have a new group of friends to play with. Why should I have to purchase LTS and all the ships I already paid for again? Nothing makes you feel more ripped off than what I am describing. Aren't I valuable as a returning player even if it is on the console? So now instead of playing with my friends and telling them how fun STO can be I am telling them I feel ripped off and won't play...Now they hear my story and it makes them not want to play...because why give money to a company that cheated my friend? Account synchronization is not a new concept. Smite did this for both consoles and it worked out really well. PLEASE DEV'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN LET ME LEVEL NEW CAPTAINS WITH MY FRIENDS!!!
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    You were not cheated. Console STO is in all accounts a different game due to being a different platform. Would it be nice that have some of our PC purchases to be able to transfer. So, instead of basically whining to your friends, why don't you embrace the fact that you and your friends can now experience STO from the beginning.
  • furiousfred77furiousfred77 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    You were not cheated. Console STO is in all accounts a different game due to being a different platform. Would it be nice that have some of our PC purchases to be able to transfer. So, instead of basically whining to your friends, why don't you embrace the fact that you and your friends can now experience STO from the beginning.

No I spent hundreds of dollars on this game. When Smite launched on the Xbox One and PS4 they had a limited time account link that transferred all of your PC purchases to the consoles. Paragon did the same thing for the PS4. STO could make this happen as other companies before them have. Why wont they? This is the same game maybe not the same versions but the same game...I also see the ships and the LTS that I purchased on the stores for both consoles. So this is stuff they should let us sync. I get not wanting to move characters and keeping balance have no issues with that but this is something they can easily do if they wanted.

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    For those not on console...no worries. As of now PC playability is so much better than console and fun too.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • xanime0xxanime0x Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    all i see is the future of the mrico tansactions being a pain to them as well as us who play the pc version lol
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I played it on my PS4. The camera controls are akward. And it's really hard to see your ship. You can't zoom in close. Sticking with PC.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    To the people that want all their purchases transferred over to consoles. It isn't going to happen. DCUO is on PC and console. It required you to have two different accounts and you had to pay the dlc all over again. PWE is trying to make money. Least their game really is Free2play unlike a vast majority. *cough* SWTOR *cough* that will nickle and dime from everything to running, using banks and credits (even after you buy their bank account unlock) to general base game emotes for rp.

Yes, EA wants you to pay to use emotes now.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • hideousfoxhideousfox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Empess Sela mision is bugged on Ps4
  • elddirelddir Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    hideousfox wrote: »
    Empess Sela mision is bugged on Ps4

It's fixed now. Fingers crossed for camera options next.
  • botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    It's great to see the game on consoles and I understand that you are doing all these promos and giveaways for it, but it would be nice if at least some of them were eligible for PC players and non NA residents as well.

I mean, it does feel a bit as if now that the consoles are here, pc players get relegated or something.
    Whether you are lucky to get something in a giveaway or not is one thing, but to not be able to enter any, when there are so many active right now, that sucks.
  • kolakommando#5392 kolakommando Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ive been playing on the ps4 for a few days, I am enjoying it, I have the 23c pack and am proper kirking it up as hard as I can
    I do have some issues, as already pointed out the camera control is awful and I don't think the camera has settled in the same place twice for me
    Aiming your weapons on away mission's is dreadful from the hip and down the sights and its so frustrating when you want to shoot a enemy but when you aim your sights snap to your own crewmen instead.
    The Star Trek nostalgia paints over much of these issues though CD
    I do have a couple of questions as well if anyone could answer them

Do the puzzles become harder?.
    So far ive had to put the numbrs 1-4 in acending order to open a case and pick a coloured wire to defuse a bomb. The bomb one had the 3 colours as the answers and the question said "cut the green wire", so far this is is Sesame Street level difficulty.

Does there come a time when I can target and destroy ship systems (weapons, engines etc) rather than just blowing up the entire ship?

Thanks
  • darthravadgedarthravadge Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    So I have played STO on PC since release and I was super excited to hear about it coming to console. Now that I have played it I must say that it is much smoother gameplay than it has ever been on PC. No constant disconnects, no horrible frame rate loss in large battles, and I get to play it from the comfort of my couch. Now I have to ask... why would you release it with so many core features missing? No fleet holdings so the fleet I have created with over 400 members is wondering what the purpose of fleets even is. No Doffs, so basically every build in the game is broken. No crafting, missing half the reputations, 90% of the ships are not available... need I go on? I love this game and the console version is beautifully done but when are we going to get at least some of these basic systems added? Give us a heads up so we can inform our fleet members at the very least. People are assuming this is the entire game and they will end up leaving sooner rather than later.