What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

General questions (xbone)

alduin303alduin303 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited September 2016 in The Academy
So I just bought the avenger class battle cruiser
It comes with that weird weapon system.
Now my question is this : does it automatically activate? Or what do I need to do in order for it to work. Because I can either not tell that it's working or it is not actually working.
(On Xbox one FYI)
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    If you are talking about Command: Weapon Efficiency then you need to activate those Command abilities. You toggle them on and off.
  • Options
    foz#9412 foz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Afternoon all.

A few of us have created a fleet and we are ranging from levels 20-45 yet between us we have no idea how to get a star base or anything else. Google hasn't been much help haha. It's extremely confusing.

Any help would be great.
  • Options
    theshroudedtheshrouded Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    to alduin303 the console on the avenger is almost useless get a better console. To foz the starbase and fleet holdings are not in the game yet they will be added them soon.
  • Options
    jayhratjayhrat Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    If you are talking about: Console - Universal - Variable Auto-Targeting Armament
    equipping that console probably puts an ability in your ability bars to activate it.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Deadly_Maneuvers_Set_(Avenger)#Console_-_Universal_-_Variable_Auto-Targeting_Armament
  • Options
    alduin303alduin303 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    It SHOULD but it doesn't :/ (hoping for an update fix
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    When in your ship in space, click (if it has it) the list of skills you can use. For PC this is a little button on the right side of the skill/ability list at the bottom of the screen. XBox is a little different and you might have to find the list first.

Now see if the item you're asking about is listed there. Some things turn out to be skills you need to activate in order to use. Traits, for instance, are either Passive or Active, and the active ones have to be used the same as any other clickable skill is used. Just be sure to read the text with everything, since that will give you a clue sometimes. If not... Try Googling "STO" plus whatever in the game you're trying to find. Should take you to a wiki page about that item (usually).

http://sto.gamepedia.com is the general wiki for startrek online
  • Options
    What EXACTLY does the console say? Include the name of the console, etc. Take a screenshot if you can and post it here. Will help someone to identify the problem, if known. Might be something simple - or it could just be a junk console.
  • Options
    maximus#4160 maximus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have exactly the same problem. I have looked up vidoes from the pc version and it is a command menu power. But it isnt on any of the menus on xbone. I posted a ticket to support and they said theybwont help with ingame problems.... this isnt a problem!!! Its a missing function!!
  • Options
    null
    Wendysue... the console script says exactly the same as it does on the wiki page for the V.A.T.A system. Literally word for word. It is an epic console, i have three, the one that is an active power grants the 'team fortress' ability and works fine. The VATA one doesnt have an option in any of the command menus. I have tried taking off every other console, nothing. I have tried moving it between the engineering, science and tactical slotss (even though it is universal), nothing. Ive tried putting it on other ships it can be used on, still nothing. Surely this is a bug
  • Options
    sounds like a bug. can't help with it then. put what I knew to do with other consoles that act up.
  • Options
    I thought so to. Thanks for the help though wendy