test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How rare is the Aegis R&D Doff from the Request R&D Assistance Doff Mission?

I have to ask this because its been bugging me somewhat... since I know I could make the Aegis Set on my 3 Delta Recruits or my only Temporal Recruit. But how rare is it for a someone who wants it on a toon that has all those schools maxed like my Main?
The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I have several, so it's not impossible to get... but not a common drop at all. I tend to grind recruiting like mad.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Rare, but I seem to remember getting it pretty early on for most of my alts. 1 in 10 ish, maybe?
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    No, I think it is much more rare than that. I'd guess about a 1% drop rate
    1% sounds right to me. I suspect that it's NOT more rare than any specific r&d doff that you get at academy, but there's a lot of them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I got most of the other R&D Doffs via Lockboxes aka the Xindi-Doffs and some other doffs. A 1% Drop rate is kinda annoying.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Aegis_Technological_Research
    "In order to craft the Aegis-Set at the Current Version, you'll need to have the rare(blue) R&D: Aegis - DOff called Gumarre, or very rare(purple) Prof. Jefferson Hawk. Gumarre will be rewarded to Delta-Recruits upon reaching Level 1 in an R&D-Category. Gumarre may also be awarded from “Requisition R&D Assistance”. Prof. Hawk is only found in a Xindi lockbox."
    It should be quite common to be able to craft the set.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Gummare was also offered to the Temporal Recruits when reaching Level 1 in any R&D Category.

The chances to get Gummare from the R&D requisitions is pretty small. I had one Captain who did that Mission over 50 times and only got it within the last couple of months.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    I ground mine out on my main and several alts by making junk on Defera before they closed that door. I still have some of those devices tucked away in odd corners...

Almost every alt since then is either a DR or a TO, so I haven't really tried at all to get one as a drop.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    Out of 12 Characters, 3 earned it on Defera, 4 as Delta Recruits, 1 as Temporal Recruit, and 1 from the R&D Requisitions.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I just got one from the Request R&D Assistance mission from the personnel officer. Which I understood to be the only source after the old system went away and before they became part of the rewards for Temporal agents.

1% seems quite plausible to me.
    Yeah, but now that they gave them away like water to Delta or Temporal Recruits, it's time to adjust the %ages up for his dropping from the R&D Requisitions.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I have over a dozen and Rom seem to get double chances of getting Gummarre since they can do TWO R&D projects at once.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Surprised that they never closed that double chance. They really went out of their way to take away the second (or even the only) way to get a Romulan-based Maintenance Engineer from the Junior Officer Weekend. Romulans have to get theirs from their Allied-Faction (Exocomp/Kazan).

One of my Romulan Characters still has that 'Mission' in the Mission Log.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    And the temporal recruits get to have two of them anyways...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Wait, romulans have double chances to get Gumarre? Damn.. I didn't know that.
    Yeah, run it at the New Romulus Command and one at either Academy depending on your affiliation. If you time it right you can have one always running. Start one on New Romulus and after the two days and it completes start the one at your Faction Academy. Now you have another running during the two day cooldown of the New Romulus one. And then vice versa.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns