test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 feedback thread

Good job on creating a new UI for the consoles. Couple of points of feedback:

Camera options: these are extremely limited, and not very useful, in either Space or Ground mode. Space camera settings closest option still leaves the ship small enough that at first I actually thought it hadn't even loaded yet. As for the ground option, it keeps reverting from the closest setting back to the middle, without prompt. Very frustrating. Then the fact that there are only 3 settings of distance. I would strongly recommend replacing this with a left-to-right slider, to give the player more precise control here.

I also would recommend doing giving players the option to invert axis is just space-mode, and allowing them to set sensitivity per axis. Right now, when I try to turn my ship the nose goes up and down like an elevator. A joystick simply does not work like a mouse, and thus it's sensitivities need to be recalibrated to accommodate that.

Also, having the redistribution of shield energy on L3 only increases the frustrations with controlling the ship.

Otherwise, again, good job.

Comments

• shyguyonthewebshyguyontheweb Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yes, excellent job on the game, been waiting for on this since I heard about it.
    Here's an issue I ran into last night.
    I and some friends were trying things out, and having fun. When my one friends mini map got zoomed out to maximum, making it useless. Don't know how it happened, or how to correct it. A slider bar for Mini map zoom, and maybe Hud size control would be cool.
    I also agree with current stick sensitivity, and L3 for shields, makes for erratic flying.
  • sontohartono#8792 sontohartono Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Actually, now that you mention it, I have the same issue with my minimap.
    Oh, and the text-balloons are too tiny. If you could sync their size with the chat font scale, that would be perfect.
  • elddirelddir Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    These are the exact same issues I have with the game.

I'd also like to add that the Lock-Ons would be great if they worked more like Tab Targeting. And if we could set it to nearest enemy, etc.

There are a few minor things like characters floating above chairs when 'sat' on them and things drawing up late, but the terrible camera distance options, lack of a 'target nearest enemy' and L3 redistributing shields are a priority.
  • dysonsfeardysonsfear Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    For the camera, I'd love to be able to just set the default distance in the options, instead of having to change it every five minutes.
  • heyyounotyouyou#4221 heyyounotyouyou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    G'day,

Great game so far.... Some UI issues from porting over to console as mentioned earlier by previous posts. Past player from Pc since beta days.

One thing though... Lifetime Subscriptions (they were for sale for short period around launch date for pc).

If someone had already purchased the Lifetime Subscription to Star Trek Online (STO) then that should be recognised.

Mini-rant-

It is not a game changer for the in game community like other purchases may arguably be but paying customers who have committed to Star Trek Online thru the payment of a ~$150USD for a Lifetime Subscription to the game should with all respect have that commitment recognised by having it credited to their PS4 STO.

A Lifetime Subscription to STO is as clearly says a Subscription to STO for life.. Not recognising that commitment is arguably a breach of the whole principle of having a lifetime subscription to a game in the first place.

Yes it is ported to console but it is still STO and the Lifetime Subscription was for a lifetime sub to STO..nowhere in the pc payment process for lifetime subs was it stated that it is limited to STO for Pc.

Mini-rant over :-)

Regards,
    A
  • jedediah1984jedediah1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I love the thrill of melee combat. Unfortunately the melee combat feels quite sluggish and hindered, which leads to a very vexing experience. The fluidity of the attacks just isn't there. It is as if I'm watching a stop motion movie. That is the only complaint I have at the moment.

Otherwise, very well done.
  • terriblevisionterriblevision Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yes. Biggest complaint from anyone right now is the camera constantly resetting when we set it ourselves. I also want more control over it -- not just distance, but up and down; right now the camera is way too high for my tastes. Please Cryptic, more control is better, and more options are better.

Also, where are the PvE queues and Fleet actions? Is there any group content outside PvP happening because I keep telling people this stuff is on the way? People tell me RnD is also pending. The game is bare bones right now, but if you can at least fix the camera distance bugs, I will play like crazy. Also, if you lock the camera like Neverwinter, I swear I will never play again... :expressionless:
  • evilwaterman#6552 evilwaterman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi! Loving this game!

I have the same complaints as above:

The camera for both player character and the ship needs fixing. Also, the deep space sections camera is far to far away even on closest setting.

I would like the option to free aim when using the left trigger.

I think the item info boxes could do with some work. Maybe more in line with Neverwinter
  • tilnaktatilnakta Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've been playing on PC since 2012, on Mac for a brief period of time, and now I'm playing on the PS4. So far I think you've done the best you can without having a full keyboard. The auto abilities and triggers make space combat so much simpler. The lighting is wonderful, it's all like I remember. However I am having a few issues. The camera system zoom system is horrible. Only having three presets for distance position is horrible. There are time when I'm flying around sector space that I'd love to get a tight zoom on my ship. I've noticed that as the ships get larger this is easier to accommodate, however having just done "The Vault" story mission, it was impossible to even know what the shuttle craft looked like. So, the camera zoom system needs to be adjusted, very badly. The next thing that needs to be changed (unless I missed it), is that I cannot seem to find how to show buff/debuff on my characters on the ground or in space combat. On PC it shows up near the ship status bar, however there is nothing like that at all for PS4 right now. Also, fix the Empress Sela mission. I've looked everywhere that says it's a PS4 issue... however I doubt that so many people would be having the same problem at the same spot if it was a generic issue.

-Colin
    tilnakta wrote: »
    I've been playing on PC since 2012, on Mac for a brief period of time, and now I'm playing on the PS4. So far I think you've done the best you can without having a full keyboard. The auto abilities and triggers make space combat so much simpler. The lighting is wonderful, it's all like I remember. However I am having a few issues. The camera system zoom system is horrible. Only having three presets for distance position is horrible. There are time when I'm flying around sector space that I'd love to get a tight zoom on my ship. I've noticed that as the ships get larger this is easier to accommodate, however having just done "The Vault" story mission, it was impossible to even know what the shuttle craft looked like. So, the camera zoom system needs to be adjusted, very badly. The next thing that needs to be changed (unless I missed it), is that I cannot seem to find how to show buff/debuff on my characters on the ground or in space combat. On PC it shows up near the ship status bar, however there is nothing like that at all for PS4 right now. Also, fix the Empress Sela mission. I've looked everywhere that says it's a PS4 issue... however I doubt that so many people would be having the same problem at the same spot if it was a generic issue.

-Colin

Just done the vault shuttle mission myself and it was the most disappointing gaming experience. It looks like it should have been really fun, but due to the terrible camera distance options it felt more like controlling an insect you can barely see and ended up as a very underwhelming frustrating experience

Oh, do something with the mimimap... I just got done with the Coliseum and having the minimap so far out really slowed things down to have to keep opening up the regular map then going back to game... over and over and over and over.
    > @elddir said:
    > tilnakta wrote: »
    >
    > I've been playing on PC since 2012, on Mac for a brief period of time, and now I'm playing on the PS4. So far I think you've done the best you can without having a full keyboard. The auto abilities and triggers make space combat so much simpler. The lighting is wonderful, it's all like I remember. However I am having a few issues. The camera system zoom system is horrible. Only having three presets for distance position is horrible. There are time when I'm flying around sector space that I'd love to get a tight zoom on my ship. I've noticed that as the ships get larger this is easier to accommodate, however having just done "The Vault" story mission, it was impossible to even know what the shuttle craft looked like. So, the camera zoom system needs to be adjusted, very badly. The next thing that needs to be changed (unless I missed it), is that I cannot seem to find how to show buff/debuff on my characters on the ground or in space combat. On PC it shows up near the ship status bar, however there is nothing like that at all for PS4 right now. Also, fix the Empress Sela mission. I've looked everywhere that says it's a PS4 issue... however I doubt that so many people would be having the same problem at the same spot if it was a generic issue.
    >
    > -Colin
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Just done the vault shuttle mission myself and it was the most disappointing gaming experience. It looks like it should have been really fun, but due to the terrible camera distance options it felt more like controlling an insect you can barely see and ended up as a very underwhelming frustrating experience

On PC I loved that mission... not so much here.
  • sinclaire120sinclaire120 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Like everyone else is saying, the ship cam is too far. Once you back away from your ship while in orbit, it never goes back to that same view and the 2nd and 3rd cam views are too far away. Also, why no chase cam? And the camera for sector space is beyond ridiculous. You may as well just have a flat 2D map with a dot on it, because that's pretty much what it is, especially if you zoom out to the third option.

The cam on your avatar is just as bad if not worse, your only options are over the shoulder, far away and so far away I don't literally see the point. And why can't you pan the camera around your avatar? The camera on your avi also seems to always default to the furthest away view at Earth Space Dock and gets stuck there.
  • abbandon#8967 abbandon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    On the ground we should still be able to move the crosshairs while aiming. Aiming should NEVER lock onto your bridge officers or any other allies. Aiming SHOULD auto-lock the nearest enemy.

I have been putting up with it but until I saw someone mention it here I didnt even think to mention it. L3 to transfer power to other shields is a horrible spot. It also sucks if you are opening up skill wheels and activating other abilities like that because moving the left stick around, even with a skill wheel open will also turn your ship.

A ship at dead stop should be able to rotate faster than any other type of moving and turning combo.
    edited September 2016
    I think switching L3 with R1 torpedoes is best, since you can click L3 once to fire torpedoes, but you can hold R1 to transfer shields.

Also, yes, allow us to turn off targeting friendlies. There isn't a single fight where I don't end up shooting an away team member because the tab-targeting decided I needed to. Even if they're halfway across the room.

Finally, a lot of issues like the minimap, the game announcements, and even the camera distance can be fixed by allowing PS4 players the full settings of PC. Just set a toggle in the Hold X menu, and use the trackpad on the controller as a mouse interface, and you're set. No need for a massive overhaul, just use what you already have.
    Oh got some more ps4 feedback..... Show some love to the chat windows.....
    -We need to be able to adjust text size, because right now its almost impossible to read.
    -Let us expand the window how we want.

I mostly use the chat window just to follow what NPC's are saying. But when im traveling around it might be nice to listen in on actual people talking. Its a good way to learn how to play the game or help others learn the game. But with the text size the way it is even if I wanted to be social its not an option.
  • soarin4soarin4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    can you fix the camera zoom and i keep having hard time adjusting to the inverted i find myself pushing up when it try to push down
    Wow... found the options menu in-game finally(ps4) lol. Hey and there was a way to change text size!!! One problem solved. Sadly I didnt see any other fixes while in there.
  • charlesxleexray#6804 charlesxleexray Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2016
    The map system in this game is 100% complete garbage. I hope a dev is reading this because this is why i won't bother to play this game at all anymore. I have no idea where i'm going walking in circles for what? Why not make a map indicator showing me where the hell i'm supposed to go like every other game in history? If there's one there it sucks so bad i don't even know it's there. This is some basic stuff right here no one wants to wander around like a dipshit trying to figure out WTF they are doing because the devs are too stupid to make a map that shows me where to go. SO whatever the game got right flush it right down the toilet because i don't want to wander around like an TRIBBLE.
    Does anyone know if there has been any mention whatsoever that any of these issues are being looked at? I couldn't find a 'dev post' area on the forums or anything.

I can't believe that they'd launch this on console and then completely forget about it, but the silence on the abundance of these glaring issues is deafening :(
    Nope, nothing. Just that a new expansion will be released. So here's hoping that will bring some fixes with it.
  • dacaaldacaal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Really really want them to fix the zooming issues. Like, I can deal with it on the ground but the fact that my ship is a spec in sector space is getting to me.
  • I agree with the camera issues, especially during a shuttle mission. You can barely see your ship. The auto targeting of my allies/ground team is very annoying as well. I also have some issues with certain items. As in the ship upgrade token as well as hanger pets. Specifically info of the items while looking at them and what requirements you need to use them. It should tell you ship tokens only work for certain ships and then list them. The only info you get is they will upgrade T-5 class. A little different with hanger pets. Some say they aren't available for your ship but other appear to be useable until its in your inventory and then you get the information that they only work on certain ship types... So, perhaps more item info could be added so people won't spend (whatever currency) on items they can't use
  • annah#1914 annah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    i see they still havent fixed the camera issues in the last three months. I also noticed the Devs havent even addressed these issues

This is a deal breaker for me. IF I cannot pan my camera around my avatar and zome in and out how I want to, then this game is out of touch with camera settings..

They have this on the PC version. An MMO where you cannot pan around and fully control zoom isn't worth my time

I played this a lot on the PC...i was excited on the PS4...became discouraged when they gimped it
  • pawfectfilmspawfectfilms Member Posts: 1 New User
    Anyone else notice that the ships are not lit well on PS4? Playing the Romulan campaign, and I can barely see my ship unless it is getting fired on. I'll make my own thread when probation is lifted, but this is disappointing, because the rest of the setup is a real good transition from PC to PS4.