2»

Comments

• khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    *rejoices that the glorious Dominion is one step closer to release*

Truly glorious, rejoice solids!
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • tenchi2k1tenchi2k1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    They better hurry up and put the Keldon on the PC. Or at lest tell us the Date. cause right now i am tempted to rally every Cardassian fan to flood support with tickets about not making a Cardassian Faction. Or at lest Adding the Cardassian Union to the Romulan Republic. Also the Keldon is sopest to have a Romulan Battle Cloak, but that was left out.. i wonder why -_-
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    tenchi2k1 wrote: »
    They better hurry up and put the Keldon on the PC. Or at lest tell us the Date. cause right now i am tempted to rally every Cardassian fan to flood support with tickets about not making a Cardassian Faction. Or at lest Adding the Cardassian Union to the Romulan Republic. Also the Keldon is sopest to have a Romulan Battle Cloak, but that was left out.. i wonder why -_-

I know the feeling. I've wanted a Keldon for years now. If I had to venture a guess it will be in the next lockbox or they'll throw it in the infinity box. That or just bring that box over to the PC as well. It annoys me as well that we've not heard anything yet, though consoles have been out less than a week so we will probably have something soon enough. Borticus already said it would be coming to PC so it's just a matter of time. hopefully that time isn't several months from now, because that would legitimately be infuriating.

Far as the cloak goes, have you seen the stats on the Keldon? That's part of why it doesn't have the cloak. Though I'm not going to complain if they want to give us a cloak down the road.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    no, the stats are not part of why the keldon doesn't have a cloak...it doesn't have one because it isn't standard equipment

it was only those specific keldons that participated in the joint-operation assault against the founder's homeworld that got them from the tal shiar - and it was presumably just a loan at that, because i seriously doubt the tal shiar would've let the obsidian order keep them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • bjornborgiabjornborgia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    The Cardassian love is great. For how much they are represented in DS9, their presence in this game is sparse.
    l0HlK6uahbCkw285W.gif
    Hab SoSlI' Quch!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    While I would love a cloaking Obsidian Order Keldon, it was only installed in one episode for one failed mission. It isn't "supposed" to have a cloak.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    no, the stats are not part of why the keldon doesn't have a cloak...it doesn't have one because it isn't standard equipment

it was only those specific keldons that participated in the joint-operation assault against the founder's homeworld that got them from the tal shiar - and it was presumably just a loan at that, because i seriously doubt the tal shiar would've let the obsidian order keep them​​

Yes, well, so was the Defiant's cloak.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    As a couple of people already mentioned, Borticus cleared this up pretty well in the latest Tribbles in Ecstasy podcast:
    • The Cardassian-Dominion Lock Box IS a console-only release. This should be no surprise, as the console has dozens of lockbox ships to "catch up" on.
    • The T6 Keldon, the T6 JHDC, and the T6 JHHEC are NOT console exclusives. Borticus did not say how the ships would be released, but he stressed that this is ONE GAME with THREE VERSIONS. Yes, it's clear that those three versions won't be talking to each other, but it's also been made quite clear that the three versions will be virtually identical to each other, with the only differences being in the technical limitations of the consoles themselves.

So, PC players will need to be patient for a time, but cries of "exclusivity!" here are not true.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    mhall85 wrote: »
    So, PC players will need to be patient for a time

patience? on these forums? are you new?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    mhall85 wrote: »
    So, PC players will need to be patient for a time
    patience? on these forums? are you new?
    Yes, we should burn the heretic...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Waiting is fine, If we knew how long we need to wait. That is the problem, they don't want to tell us when a Dev could take 5 minutes and get the new ships up for us. so not even offering us a ETA is insulting & rude. Also i should point out that once the Obsidian Order had the cloak, anyone that knows Cardassians knows they woulda copyed the tech regardless of the terms and secretly installed them on all the ships in the Union. thats a fact jack~
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    We are about due for a new lockbox pretty soon so you never know, everybody just breathe, hold it, count to 10, let it out.rinse and repeat. Nobodys said we wont see these sooner rather than later (of course nobody said we wont see them later either heh ). Just wait n see
  • crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2016
    As others have pointed out, we've already said that these T6 ships will be coming to PC as well as to Console. Considering how they're already built out, not bringing them to PC would be a waste.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    @crypticrock any idea on a timeline?
    Tza0PEl.png
  • crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    nikephorus wrote: »

Timetables aren't something which I can answer, unfortunately.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    @crypticrock yeah didn't think so, but I thought I'd ask anyway. ;-) looking forward to the keldon.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    This is basicly a carrot at the end of stick situation
    We are the donkeys
    I imagine that some manager-accountant-donkeyrider has set out a goal for a viable playerbase for the consoles.
    so run donkey run

Mzd8i1c.gif
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I think we'll either get the next lock box to be either the Dominion 2 True Way Lockbox or a Spherebuilder Lock box. Sphere builder ships have been built and what do they do whenever they make new ship models that aren't usually from the core playable factions? Reminders on some ships that were built that came out in lock boxes later as of recent:

- Iconian Herald ships
    - Paradox Temporal Dreadnought (Mirror Incursion Lobi ship)
    - Na'khul ships
    - Kelvin Timeline ships

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Wrong Thread.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited September 2016

lets be clear, You might not can, but someone over there Could. for example, the man/woman that makes that choice could get on this forum and just tell us. It sounds like a big deal when it is not. The truth is, No one Wants to let us know. and that irritates me when they just don't come out and say "we want to keep everyone in the dark, its more fun for us that way" =/
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

lets be clear, You might not can, but someone over there Could. for example, the man/woman that makes that choice could get on this forum and just tell us. It sounds like a big deal when it is not. The truth is, No one Wants to let us know. and that irritates me when they just don't come out and say "we want to keep everyone in the dark, its more fun for us that way" =/

Because if they say anything at all, and plans change, schedules change, people will scream bloody murder for it. So they say nothing until they're ready to release.
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    binebane wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Its for console not PC.
    and thats a bit strange to have different lockboxes for pc and for consoles.

Not really, say someone with a PC LTS really wants the ship, so they might go and buy a 2nd LTS on console, and Cryptic makes $$$$.

Can't transfer PC characters to console. So, make a new account. Even non LTS's buy Zen, in this case two accounts spending cash by the same player.​​

Not gonna happen... at least not by me. I'm happy to stick to my PC.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Cryptic should realise it's a waste to hold off from releasing them to PC now when there's money to be made from them.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They are really pressing the Consoles this Weekend. 20% off Ships, 15% off Keys, Dilithium Weekend all at once.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

dost thou needeth the waaambulance? I certainly sounds that way.