test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO DIED ON PC

Did everyone go to console or just quit completely?

Comments

• fallenangel1963fallenangel1963 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I do not play the game on PC so I cannot really comment, but I suspect alot of people jumped over to consoles just to see what its like. Many will probably come back soon, given how they have to start afresh on PS4/XBox.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Yea i dont see too many people abandoning ship for consoles. Ive got ~6 years worth of stuff myself as do many other people i know. Plus its still missing a lot of stuff.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Dirty console peasants.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Everyone who wants to DOFF has totally left for consoles!

Oh ... wait. Nevermind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • d0nomegad0nomega Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Dirty console peasants.

Even though I have a PS4 hooked up in my Escalade I'm a peasant? :(
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Dirty console peasants.

Dirty PC Master race ????
    Why the hate for people who play on console ??? :grimace:
    There's been some legendary games on various consoles over the years.

But, back on topic, the game does seem rather quiet lately. If queues and DPS channel call-out's are any indication.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    We're coming up on the end of a 3 week long event that most people finished 5 days ago. Of course activity is down a little bit - people are exhausted. I goofed off a bit in the middle and ended up scrambling, but I've finished getting the ISS Stadi on 6/7 of my captains and will finish up the last in another 10 hours or so. But so far during events like these I've always seen a small but noticeable slump after the earliest possible completion window ends.

I really doubt the console launch has more impact then the PC-side's naturally occurring cycles.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirror Event pops in seconds, Kobali Prime usually has other squads doing dailies whenever I'm there for my AoY captain, ESD seems about the same as always....

But I wouldn't be surprised to see a drop off now that many people have finished with their TOS captains for now and might be burned out from doing the Mirror Invasion on multiple characters.

https://youtu.be/Y4yu-nb6eTs
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    I'm one of those that is switching from PC to console. I played STO for years on PC and quit about a year to a year and a half ago, just recently tried to come back and so much has changed that I'm underlevel and kind of 'lost' as to what to do. I've easily spent 500$ or more on the pc version, as over those years I bought every costume pack, almost every federation cstore ship, all of the bridge packs, most of the race unlocks and numerous bridge officers and items.

About a week ago I tried coming back to STO on PC and all of my friends are gone, my fleet has disappeared, and I'm pretty much on my own with no idea how to play anymore. On the flip side, with STO on consoles now, both my brother and my father in law are interested in playing, along with a few friends that never had computers or didnt have strong enough computers for STO to run on (most only have basic laptops).

So for me, despite the fact that I'm losing a massive amount of monetary (and time) investment in the PC version, starting over on console is really what's bringing the game back to life for me. I get to replay everything and experience the story over again, this time with family and friends, I get to relearn how to play, and my memory from PC play means I'll at least know the basics of what to do in STF's and group content when we get to that point, so I'll be able to teach the rest of the team how to do things.

Another plus on console is that the economy isnt completely FUBAR with everyone having billions of energy credits and all the best gear already. Right now I'm the only person on the entirety of PS4 that's selling a caitian bridge officer, lol.
    d0nomega wrote: »
    Dirty console peasants.

Even though I have a PS4 hooked up in my Escalade I'm a peasant? :(

Some form of hybrid? :open_mouth: what art thou saying?!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Glorious_zpsxwfbzwjw.png​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Did STO come out for consoles?

(That means I havn't noticed a drop at all..)
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'm still lurking in the forums, but lately, the game has become an angst-ridden exercise in futility for me...

With the advent of PWE/Cryptic's 'gold rush' of hard to acquire, very desirable ships...,

I decided from the outset to spend my limited entertainment funds elsewhere and thusly have been having more fun with my 'one-time purchases' of No Man's Sky & Subnautica.
    <shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    novalous wrote: »

What's a console?
  • kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    I've not seen a reduction in players during the times I play. I've no doubt some switched to console, but not at levels that would be noticeable I suspect.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    STO died again? Aaaaw, maaaaaan...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »

What's a console?

This is what it was for many years...

custismathessex.jpg

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Yeah, my eyeball test confirmed awhile back that STO was dead. I had logged on right after the server came up. And noticed that ESD was a total ghost town. I promptly logged out and wrote the game off as dead, deader and deadest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I hope one day the two platforms can be merged, but...not sure if it's even possible. Enjoy console players! I'm sticking with my gaming PC and considering a video card upgrade even though I don't really need one.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Console is the new frontier
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User

Haven't seen any real drop in the number of full instances when I go looking for a Borg or Tholian Red Alert. Slow day? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Yeah, my eyeball test confirmed awhile back that STO was dead. I had logged on right after the server came up. And noticed that ESD was a total ghost town. I promptly logged out and wrote the game off as dead, deader and deadest.

(sarcasm detector explodes)

Doomed I tells ya! DOOMED!
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    Yea i dont see too many people abandoning ship for consoles. Ive got ~6 years worth of stuff myself as do many other people i know. Plus its still missing a lot of stuff.

I have been playing the console this past week, but thats only because my fiends who like star trek mostly play on them. Wont abandon the pc version as the quote said having 6 yeas worth of stuff.

• seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    I hope one day the two platforms can be merged, but...not sure if it's even possible. Enjoy console players! I'm sticking with my gaming PC and considering a video card upgrade even though I don't really need one.
    If that day comes where all sto is merged itll be a while away. Console version has yet to add stuff to it that we take for granted.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Wat?
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Bye bye ms federation pie, flew my defiant to the cluster, but the cluster was dry. The gold old boys drinkin synthale and rye saying "this could be the day we all die, this could be the day we all die...."
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »

What's a console?

You don't know about that? Man, that's shocking.

See, there are slots on your ship where you can put in only one type of item: Console. There are engineering, science, tactical and universal consoles. Engineering consoles are mostly about energy boosts, armor and turn rate, so the engineering console slots are often used for universal console these days since many ships don't need the rest. Though turn rate boosts are still quite popular.
    Tactical consoles boost your damage with weapons. They must match a weapon type (ideally energy type) that you're using.
    Science consoles boost science abilities. If you like to use a lot of science vessels, these are ultra-important. If you don't, these are also ultra-important, but instead of boosting science skills you want those special plasma exploder consoles you can get from the Fleet Embassy.

I hope that helps.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
This discussion has been closed.