test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online 50th Anniversary Giveaway

Comments

• raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    Is the giveaway an account wide unlock? Happy Anniversary Star Trek.
  • cobaltblues77cobaltblues77 Member Posts: 0 New User
    How do I claim it I'm at work and can't login to the game
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    As the Giveaway was for 24 hours as of yesterday, it's over or soon will be.
    Get it if you haven't!
    If you haven't, hope you still can! :)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    raj011 wrote: »
    Is the giveaway an account wide unlock? Happy Anniversary Star Trek.

It looks that way to me. On my first character it showed a price of 0 with "discount 100%". On other characters it changed to "available" like my past purchases.

• gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I already have this pack but,

Happy 50th Anniversary STO!

50th_zpsrznugcnd.jpg

I would have loved to seen something like that but for Star Trek's 50th when logging in yesterday. What a lost opportunity.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Logged in last night to claim my reward, opened the Zen store, clicked on the CLAIM button, got a Type 2 Phaser. Clicked on the claim button again, got another Type 2 Phaser. In fact, I can click on the Claim button for the giveaway and get an infinite amount of Type 2 Phasers.

What I can't do is claim the actual reward.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    rekurzion wrote: »
    Logged in last night to claim my reward, opened the Zen store, clicked on the CLAIM button, got a Type 2 Phaser. Clicked on the claim button again, got another Type 2 Phaser. In fact, I can click on the Claim button for the giveaway and get an infinite amount of Type 2 Phasers.

Only the phaser will appear in your inventory. The shuttle and bridge comes from the shipyard and uniforms from the tailor. If you have the phaser you have claimed the bundle.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    rekurzion wrote: »

Did you go to the tailor? If you did, you would see that the HELLLO NURSE! uniform is now free. FREEE!

• stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    I was personally glad to get access to the TOS constitution bridge. Would have helped my immersion if I'd had it when I got my second AoY ship. The rest of it is nice to have too, although I think I had some of it before.

I will be reusing the TOS bridge on some of my ships.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • sophia#6343 sophia Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Thank you very much! This is a lovely gift indeed. <3
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
  • f9thrykerf9thryker Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Is this over? Only just seen this...!!
  • Disappointed to find out about this after the fact. Why wasn't this promoted in-game, either on the news on the login screen, or in the events splash in the in-game menu?
    Disappointed to find out about this after the fact. Why wasn't this promoted in-game, either on the news on the login screen, or in the events splash in the in-game menu?

That's too bad :( . It probably would have been too much extra work to add into the game client for a 24 hour giveaway.

You should get into the habit of checking the Galactic News Network subforum here and the main STO NEWS page (see NEWS at top-left of this page).
  • leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    it's the 50th of an IP, STO lives of, and they celebrate it with a lame common pack?
    hey, even the hover board from another IP was a much nicer giveaway: unique, specific and memorable
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I forgot to pick it up but whatever, wouldn't be allowed to wear the outfit on my Romulan anyway so I don't care.
  • alhanaescheralhanaescher Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    This certainly didn't appear in the promotions setction on the Xbox Onee, as I periodicly checked to see if it had recognied that my account was linked yet so I could claim the Khan outfit... Which I finally managed to claim on the 9th! And the game itself STILL isn't in the UK store, so a kick in the teeth to UK/EU players who didn't know they can switch to the US store to download the game who are just gonna miss out completely!
  • dy0nasdy0nas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Wow.. celebrate 50 years with a very, very limited 24 hour giveaway. Good job on TRIBBLE over those that don't / can't login every day.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Yeah, people that work late are screwed. I don't even come on the forums that often anymore. I was lucky to see the ad in my client and by sheer luck there was still time left to rush on and claim it. Although I was waiting for the T5 giveaway, which seems not to be happening this year.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    This certainly didn't appear in the promotions setction on the Xbox Onee, as I periodicly checked to see if it had recognied that my account was linked yet so I could claim the Khan outfit... Which I finally managed to claim on the 9th! And the game itself STILL isn't in the UK store, so a kick in the teeth to UK/EU players who didn't know they can switch to the US store to download the game who are just gonna miss out completely!

My god the complaining. If you type in game's name, it pops up. My guess that is a Xbox thing rather than Cryptic's fault. Secondly, the TOS giveaway was in the discount packs section where the TOS pack is located.
    eldarion79 wrote: »

My god the complaining. If you type in game's name, it pops up. My guess that is a Xbox thing rather than Cryptic's fault. Secondly, the TOS giveaway was in the discount packs section where the TOS pack is located.

post-52950-Emperor-Palpatine-let-the-hate-ojup.gif

To be fair. They are new players.

"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Freebuttscratcher? freebuttscratcher! butt-scratcher-family-guy-29296256-265-200.jpg
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    leceter wrote: »
    it's the 50th of an IP, STO lives of, and they celebrate it with a lame common pack?
    hey, even the hover board from another IP was a much nicer giveaway: unique, specific and memorable

The 'Mattel Hoverboard' was a quite funny thing, the 50 year ...'celebration' wasn't.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    eldarion79 wrote: »

To be fair. They are new players.

Well, returning player, was in beta and just after, and again about a year or 2 ago, round about the delta rising release with a flakey laptop that didn't perform well running the game.

And as for my point, the game was not in the UK store on the 8th, I kept checking even though I had downloded it from the US store on the 6th, and was trying to go to the store page from the game hub and was being told the page didn't exist. I did so purely to see when we officially had it released here. And every other Free pack, like the Khan uniform and the free stramrunner were placed in the Promotions section as that is where the free stuff is supposed to go, that's were I go to collect my preorder bonuses and account unlocks in the PC version. that's where things are upposed to go so people know about them and not having to check the entire store every single time they play.

But I suppose is the PC elitist's want to hit out at the console babys that have just found the game then I'm happy to take the flack, I'm old enough and experienced enough to take it unlike some younger one who are actually new and may take responces like that to indicate a toxic community, which I know, for the most part, this game doesn't have!
    Yeah, not all the giveaways are in the promotion tab. If it's a pack at 100% discount then you should be looking in the pack bundle section. I missed a few as well by thinking it was always going to be in promotion.
    Yeah, not all the giveaways are in the promotion tab. If it's a pack at 100% discount then you should be looking in the pack bundle section. I missed a few as well by thinking it was always going to be in promotion.

Thank you, well, at least I'll know for next time... and I'll know to keep a close eye here on the forums so I at least find out about them! What with there being nothing in-game about it!
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User

Have you seen the TOS "bridge" ?

It's like the whole bleepin TOS ship !, the engine room, crew quarters, sick bay, transporter room, hell it even has jefferies tubes you can use! It's FANTASTIC!

Someone put a TRIBBLE TON of effort of detail into it, lame, or common it most certainly ain't.

I bought that bridge along with the pack and have been very happy with it. The fact that it's being given away FOR FREE is very generous of Cryptic and PWE.

To say that the hover board was much nicer ....... Sheesh... Sorry, I can't agree with you there, not at all, and I love the hover board too.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

True. It's not like the Klingon starter ship, where the bridge doesn't even seem to be in the same place as the front of the ship.

o.O
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    True. It's not like the Klingon starter ship, where the bridge doesn't even seem to be in the same place as the front of the ship.

o.O

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Have you seen the TOS "bridge" ?

It's like the whole bleepin TOS ship !, the engine room, crew quarters, sick bay, transporter room, hell it even has jefferies tubes you can use! It's FANTASTIC!

Someone put a **** TON of effort of detail into it, lame, or common it most certainly ain't.

I bought that bridge along with the pack and have been very happy with it. The fact that it's being given away FOR FREE is very generous of Cryptic and PWE.

To say that the hover board was much nicer ....... Sheesh... Sorry, I can't agree with you there, not at all, and I love the hover board too.

Yes, the amount of effort they put into the TOS interior as a whole is phenomenal... everything else could do with some improvement.
    Post edited by sgtfloydpepper#7911 on
    1xe027q.png
    Ejection pods? :P