test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Constitution

Comments

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    hartzilla wrote: »
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Honestly you don't really need the TOS Connie, yes the aesthetic is amazing, but I've killed 10 separate people who were flying the TOS Connie with my JJ Connie. In my opinion, the TOS Conjie is superior in looks, JJ Conjie is Superior in everything else :p

Yes it died really well in Beyond better then the REAL Enterprise did was the most satisfying death of a starship ever. You should have been there opening night in my city every cheered in the hteater when that ugly POS got destroyed.

And yet it seems to show up more in game than TOS Connies.

Yes for several reasons it unlock is a higher rate then the R&D box for starters it has been in availiable for months now while the real Constitution has been around a couple of weeks and soon to be gone. Plus a boat load of the boxes are on the xchange and insane prices along with the ones that have been unlocked being offered for billions of ec plus keys or for sale through scum bag offsite services.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    It doesn't really matter which Connie you prefer. In the end, after the D7 and T'liss are done with her, either should be hauled away as garbage.
    Eh... I'm pretty sure the D7 or the Constitution would crush the T'liss.

The T'liss is sexy, but nothing special.

Always bet on the D7.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    So I'll admit that I'm a bit miffed that they put the T6 Temporal Light Cruiser in a lockbox instead of making it a purchasable ship. I would buy a bundle of all the Constitution if it was available but it seems lately all the good ships are being put in lockboxes and I honestly don't like gambling, which is what opening those things are.

Anyone know if there are any plans for a T6 Constitution that we can actually BUY?

You can buy it now from someone who won it.

Use your zen to buy promo packs from the c-store, sell them on the exchange, and use the ec to buy the ship you want.

Easy as pie!

It's not "easy as pie" to raise 1 billion ec+ unless your an exchange player or dump a TRIBBLE done of money into the game.
    Tza0PEl.png
    valoreah wrote: »
    nikephorus wrote: »
    It's not "easy as pie" to raise 1 billion ec+ unless your an exchange player or dump a **** done of money into the game.

At the present time, that is what's required in order to pay the going price for the ship. If people aren't willing to do what's necessary to raise the funds, it's on them and them alone.

Rare items in games are for those that can afford them.

Well that's obvious @valoreah. What I'm pointing out is that it's not some effortless endeavor to make that kind of ec. I wasn't debating the rarity or who should get to have the ship.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Picked up the Kelvin Connie today and I'm glad my arm and leg remain paired.
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Anyone know if there are any plans for a T6 Constitution that we can actually BUY?

The T6 Connie is already purchasable by everyone. Just not everyone wants to do what they have to do to get one or don't want to pay the going price for it.

Because they probably don't see it as worth the price.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Currently without food or water. Please send me Connies.
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    It's not "easy as pie" to raise 1 billion ec+ unless your an exchange player or dump a **** done of money into the game.

At the present time, that is what's required in order to pay the going price for the ship. If people aren't willing to do what's necessary to raise the funds, it's on them and them alone.

I'm pretty sick of seeing this argument of "It's on them". PWE/Cryptic made a decision to release the ship in this way. That decision is -theirs-. If people don't like that decision, they are allowed that, every bit as much as you are allowed to be fine with it. This rarity is artificial. Every other Enterprise ship model can be picked up relatively easily, but the one that started it all, the one that many of us have been begging for since launch, which we were repeatedly told we would never get? That one is only available through rare drop in a limited time offer.

I think this was a serious jerk move, made jerkier by the fact that they pulled it a good while after letting people think the JJ Connie was all they were going to get. Sure, a lot of us were holding out hope, but they sure weren't about to say anything and undercut the sales of those master keys.

Funny thing is, I have the ship, and I love flying it, but you know why I have it?

Because a friend of mine, who was a lifetime sub from a long way back, lost interest in the game because of these kind of shenanigans, and so his account had acquired a decent cache of zen from his abandoned stipend, so when he heard about this, he came back to dump it on some boxes, got lucky, and gave me the ship. I have mine through the charity of one of the casualties of PWE's business practices.

You might not give a TRIBBLE. That's fine, you're not obligated to. But people are allowed to be annoyed when PWE's business practices block them off from accessing game content that they've been lobbying for for years, and we're also allowed to say so if we think these practices are toxic for the game and the community in the long run.

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    heavensrun wrote: »

I'm pretty sick of seeing this argument of "It's on them". PWE/Cryptic made a decision to release the ship in this way. That decision is -theirs-. If people don't like that decision, they are allowed that, every bit as much as you are allowed to be fine with it. This rarity is artificial. Every other Enterprise ship model can be picked up relatively easily, but the one that started it all, the one that many of us have been begging for since launch, which we were repeatedly told we would never get? That one is only available through rare drop in a limited time offer.

I think this was a serious jerk move, made jerkier by the fact that they pulled it a good while after letting people think the JJ Connie was all they were going to get. Sure, a lot of us were holding out hope, but they sure weren't about to say anything and undercut the sales of those master keys.

Funny thing is, I have the ship, and I love flying it, but you know why I have it?

Because a friend of mine, who was a lifetime sub from a long way back, lost interest in the game because of these kind of shenanigans, and so his account had acquired a decent cache of zen from his abandoned stipend, so when he heard about this, he came back to dump it on some boxes, got lucky, and gave me the ship. I have mine through the charity of one of the casualties of PWE's business practices.

You might not give a ****. That's fine, you're not obligated to. But people are allowed to be annoyed when PWE's business practices block them off from accessing game content that they've been lobbying for for years, and we're also allowed to say so if we think these practices are toxic for the game and the community in the long run.

What's missing is the context of the previous six years. Of many many posters stating that as long as Cryptic made it available in some form, that the players would happily pay a premium price for this.

And that's exactly what Cryptic did.

It's available. Right now. For a premium price.

It can be bought. For real life money. About $70 dollars of real life money.

You need to jump through a ton of hoops to convert your real life dollars into the currency needed to acquire the item. But it's very possible.

So now we're at a point where the real push is ... is the price tag too much? Then complain about that. However, if that is the complaint, keep in mind that the gauntlet was thrown down by the playerbase itself, with many stating that they would happily pay this premium for this item.

The ship is available. For over twice the cost of a c-store ship. And it takes a lot of resource movement to get it. But it's available. And if you just want to buy it straight up, you can.

EDIT: The other issue is that this is a limited time offer. But, I keep comparing this to the Bug Ship. That same promo was offered more than once. And that ship, just like this ship, was valued at above the exchange cap. I don't think this is the last we'll ever see of this promo pack ship. But this could be the case. And if so, then the pressure is mounting because once the promo is done, the price which is already really high, will only get higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User

Yeah you have to earn the ship one way or another, but the actual process of getting it once you've earned the zen or ec is very straightforward.

Having to hunt down someone selling it FOR THAT PRICE isn't easy or straightforward.
    hartzilla wrote: »

Yeah you have to earn the ship one way or another, but the actual process of getting it once you've earned the zen or ec is very straightforward.

Having to hunt down someone selling it FOR THAT PRICE isn't easy or straightforward.

I've seen a few people in ESD zone chat selling it, but you better have a billion ec and a bunch of keys otherwise your sol.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    It was for me.

It took some time watching the chat but I just made the window big and waited.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So I'll admit that I'm a bit miffed that they put the T6 Temporal Light Cruiser in a lockbox instead of making it a purchasable ship. I would buy a bundle of all the Constitution if it was available but it seems lately all the good ships are being put in lockboxes and I honestly don't like gambling, which is what opening those things are.

You can buy it now from someone who won it.

Use your zen to buy promo packs from the c-store, sell them on the exchange, and use the ec to buy the ship you want.

Easy as pie!

Why do people say this? As a chef...pie is NOT EASY. You want an easy sweet, it should be easy as pudding. Hell creme brulee that every thinks is some fancy dessert is easier than pie.
    I dunno, eating a pie has never caused me any problems. Well, the process of eating itself. The consequences to my health and figure might be more problematic.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cptjaneway2011cptjaneway2011 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Damn autocorrect
    lol nice nickname for the constitution class!

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    norcaler2 wrote: »
    Picked up the Kelvin Connie today and I'm glad my arm and leg remain paired.

Good call a lot of peeps are following.

The kelvin timeline Lock box was one successful lock box. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Like all lockbox and promo pack ships you can buy this. For 900 million to 1 billion EC you can purchase the Temporal Light Cruiser.

It's similar to buying a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship way back in the day. It costs more than the exchange cap, so you need to buy one from a fellow player.

But the value is pretty consistent so far.

You can try to wait it out and see if it drops in price. The factors you face are that the promo is limited so the supply will remain small and so you're hoping the demand eventually wanes.

You are right with what you are saying. Still it should be noted that both the JHAS as well as the JHSS were promo ships I had an easy time to get from the exchange. And that in a time where the cap was 0,5 and not 0,75b EC. Peeps don’t have that chance with the TOS ships though. Considering how rarely one can witness winning notifications I think the absurd price is set more due to low availability than to too high demand.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

Like all lockbox and promo pack ships you can buy this. For 900 million to 1 billion EC you can purchase the Temporal Light Cruiser.

It's similar to buying a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship way back in the day. It costs more than the exchange cap, so you need to buy one from a fellow player.

But the value is pretty consistent so far.

You can try to wait it out and see if it drops in price. The factors you face are that the promo is limited so the supply will remain small and so you're hoping the demand eventually wanes.

You are right with what you are saying. Still it should be noted that both the JHAS as well as the JHSS were promo ships I had an easy time to get from the exchange. And that in a time where the cap was 0,5 and not 0,75b EC. Peeps don’t have that chance with the TOS ships though. Considering how rarely one can witness winning notifications I think the absurd price is set more due to low availability than to too high demand.

It took the release of quite a few more ships to get the bug ship to that point. It is my sincere hope and also my educated guess that this will eventually be the fate of the Temporal Light Cruiser. That this isn't the only time we see it put in the promo packs. And that at some point it's price will sink and it ends up on the exchange.

That day isn't today, though. And I'm just making a guess about the future.

Personally I would have liked them to have released these in the store. As a 3 pack. I totally sympathize with the people who don't like the method this was released. But I also don't really blame Cryptic since for years and years and years, the threads about this ship have pretty much told them directly "Just put it in and we diehard fans will pay any price you give!"

At this point I hope for the best and truly wish everyone who wants one can get one.

I bit the bullet and paid through the nose for one. I hope others don't have to. But I'm not going to vilify Cryptic for this decision. They've made a ton of decisions I have vilified them for. Heh. This one though? Eh, we (collectively) pretty much asked for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User

You might not give a ****. That's fine, you're not obligated to. But people are allowed to be annoyed when PWE's business practices block them off from accessing game content that they've been lobbying for for years, and we're also allowed to say so if we think these practices are toxic for the game and the community in the long run.

You can cry and complain all you like, it is what it is. Again, no one is blocking anyone from buying a T6 Connie. They are in-game and they are available to everyone. Either pony up the funds to buy one or don't.

Nobody's "crying", but way to be needlessly dismissive.

When a business makes a decision that is against the best interest of its customers in order to make an extra buck, the customers have a right to complain.

Yeah, it's available. For a huge sunk cost in time and resources. A sunk cost that many casual players literally can't afford. That's the point: We think it's overpriced.

And it's also a paradigm shift. No main-universe federation cruiser (Or KDF battlecruiser, or Romulan warbird, for that matter) has ever been gated behind a lottery box before, and honestly, I do not want this to become the new standard for how regular faction ships are delivered to us in the future.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User

You can cry and complain all you like, it is what it is. Again, no one is blocking anyone from buying a T6 Connie. They are in-game and they are available to everyone. Either pony up the funds to buy one or don't.

Nobody's "crying", but way to be needlessly dismissive.

When a business makes a decision that is against the best interest of its customers in order to make an extra buck, the customers have a right to complain.

Yeah, it's available. For a huge sunk cost in time and resources. A sunk cost that many casual players literally can't afford. That's the point: We think it's overpriced.

And it's also a paradigm shift. No main-universe federation cruiser (Or KDF battlecruiser, or Romulan warbird, for that matter) has ever been gated behind a lottery box before, and honestly, I do not want this to become the new standard for how regular faction ships are delivered to us in the future.

You better get used to it.
    I fear it wont be the last time.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    The t'liss has the enhanded battle cloak so if you built a proper torpedo build on it, it could take anything but the cheesiest of cheesy invul builds.

I also understand it has some entropy thing that does a ton of damage. It's probably one of the most "OP" ships in sto.
    The Fleet T'varro [T6] is just as good at being a torpedo boat as the T'liss. Arguably better, since the Fleet T'varro can get +10% shield penetration for torps and the T'liss cannot.

The T'liss is a better science ship than torpedo ship. The Ominous device grants +20% All Damage, which boosts science/temporal damage. Combined with the Vaadwaur Anchor and you can get some nice damage numbers without filling every slot with +Partgens consoles.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User

How is it "against the best interests of its customers" when customers have repeatedly stated over the years they are willing to pay a premium price for it?

Then don't buy it and move on. Do you stand outside 5 star restaurants and complain that their premier dishes are too expensive? Do you go to high-end luxury automobile dealerships and complain that you can't afford their luxury cars?

Were I you, I would start getting used to the idea of this becoming the norm instead of the exception.

giphy.gif
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk