test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Xbox 1) Sto Rantings.

Console version is going to be one hell of a grind, I swear everyone Bought credits with real money on 3rd party sites, since it not a thing on console, setting up your ship to be exactly what you want is going to be one hell of an "omg it's been 2 years in the making" to build. And I'm still upset that I can't reverse the Y-axis, such small feature to put in the game, makes all the difference. Xbox needs its own forums for these rants, so the devs can fix these things.

I'm currently level 24, and so far ground combat is literally the worst part of the game, flying is slow, but I think people aren't realizing that they don't have their character maxed out or have the right consoles on, in one of those tholian mission, the one were you fly the ambassador cruiser, that moved more familiar to how pc feels.

Honestly idk how I feel about it the game on console yet, after playing pc for 6 years gonna take some time adjusting, I get that.

Ummm, the controls imo seem to leave you picking which circumstances you want your skills to auto activate, the new system take some getting used and many times in pvp I get locked out in a turn becaused I pulled a tab up mid turn, and that bit of being locked in a turn to activate a skill through my trajectory off. End game with 30+ skills on this systems, I think the average player will have half of the skills under some sort of auto trigger.

Anyway, seeing on how pvp is a joke it won't matter in that regard & makes PVE hilariously easy. Looking forward to see how I'll handle it after 3mths of playing, there's just a bit of learning curve to space and ground skill activation imo

Also if anyone on the fed side had a group of active player in a fleet I'd love to join, playing the game solo kinda sucks lol

(Pvp player) :)

Comments

• dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    To be honest, if you came to STO for the PvP, try another game. The Devs left PvP to rot. As for the console version of PvP, it's more than laughable. I'll throw my weakest PC Character against ANY console player in PvP, and it'll be no contest. Not bragging, but truth. PC, you can choose when certain abilities activate making the timing that much better. PC also has 10x better controls than consoles.

If you are expecting consoles to have PvP that is fun, then baby's first STO won't have it.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    (Pvp player)

That was your first mistake :)

Not in wanting PVP, but in wanting working PVP in STO. Wrong game. "How about a nice game of chess?"
  • centricitycentricity Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    @dragnridr oh dude I'm not even gonna argue that, I played PC pvp with the solid pvp fleets, and opvp individuals, PC guys would wreck consoles, I quit playing on PC cuz pvp was dead & when you did find enough people it was PVP cheese and p2w stuff with premads teams, turned people away 100%, I'm lowkey hoping this dumbed down version makes come console player at least que up, early Sto days pvp was fun, but tbh I like to just play with my Rp starship and kill other players, at the very least if I can do that a couple times a day I'll b content. Sad thing is there's no other Star Trek games to play to get the fix you know, but for now the game in general isn't bad or good
  • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    My gripes:

1. In game content which shouldnt be there. I.E. i went to make a new toon and the ToS character choice was available. When i went there, the game FLIPPED OUT. I could back out but why is the option even there?

2. Lack of PC purchases. I understand forcing everyone to day one. I get. It levels the playing field. Fine. However, i fought a guy today with the romulan destroyer on console. The ship is NOT in the cstore and how is this a level playing field if people gave access to a free t5/t5u ship while other have pay.... Specking of paying, i have SOOO many purchased ships on pc. I just want my ships. Ill start from scratch level everything but to pay for things ive paid for AGAIN...

3. Featured ship which are NOT in the cstore. Yo PW, whats up with that?! the Kurak T6 class ship is a featured ship yet its NOT in the store. WHAT A TEASE.

4. Lack of event ship access. There are plenty of ship that were only available through events, the dyson destoryer for one... It comes with a set piece which CAN NEVER CONMPLETE....
    Post edited by chrisbrown12009 on
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    4. Lack of event ship access. There are plenty of ship that were only available through events, the dyson destoryer for one... It comes with a set piece which console CAN NEVER CONMPLETE....

That's a valid point. Perhaps this will finally get Cryptic to put these impossible-to-obtain consoles into the lobi store.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    I don't pvp except way back in the day when that was the only way a KDF player could level, so I can't speak to that. For me, the console fails at really basic stuff. Maybe I'm missing something on some of these (and if I am, I'll happily be corrected) but here are my gripes:

1. Zooming. On ground I like to be close in on my captain, I like to be fairly close to my ship in space too. I can't get close enough in space and on the ground it keeps zooming back out so I have to adjust it back through the menu. It's a minor thing but it's infuriating.
    2. Graphics Adjustments. I like the lighting adjustments, but it's often to dark for my tastes. There's no option to adjust it. Font sizes too. I can't read the distances and struggle with the chat from my sofa, so I have to sit on the floor closer to my TV if I want to read things.
    3. Boff Traits. Why isn't this on their stat pages? It seems the only place to see their traits and skills is on the Away team selection menu.
    4. Klingon uniform colours. Really? We still get the TRIBBLE palette for many pieces.
    5. Boff genders. It didn't tell me what gender an Andorian boff was, it turned out to be male. Going to the exchange it explicitly said that Vulcans were female but no mention that the others were male. Can we get some consistency please?
    6. It would be nice if there were some recognition for all the money I've ploughed in over the years. Even if it were a one off zen reward based on what I've paid in.

Anyway, that's just what's bugging me at the moment.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    centricity wrote: »
    Bought credits with real money on 3rd party sites
    Ouch...
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • icecold40#3086 icecold40 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Arc accumulation points are broken on this game just like they were in neverwinter. Please fix it!!!!!
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Things I forgot yesterday:

7.The tailor is a mess. The drop downs are in no logical order. It also sometimes likes to interrupt you in the middle of something to randomly highlight a different piece entirely. Oh and we can't get the character to stop moving, like the old days on PC.
    8. While on the subject of costumes, there's no way I can see to switch outfits outside the tailor. It hardly seems worth buying more slots if I have to go to the tailor anyway. In fact, it seems like there's little reason to go to the tailor at all. Dressing up my space Barbies is half my fun on the PC.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Problems:

1) Can't place people on ignore in Zone chat which means having to put up with seeing trolls and illegal sellers (yes they're already there spamming a site) spamming it so bad you just want to forget chat exists. Can't have custom channels so forced to use the default junk.

2) Kind of confusing for players mentioning the doff, R&D, and admiralty systems on the captain level unlocks WHEN THEY'RE NOT IN THE GAME YET.

3) The tailor is horrible. Customized my toon to look DS9 era like, and not going through it again until it's fixed since it took way too long.

4) The auto-navigate bugs from PC are worse in console plus you add interaction bugs. You get to X place, and when you hold A you get the interaction option, but it's not really available. You have to wait until it's available on the top.
  • centricitycentricity Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I don't disagree with a single thing said by everyone here, all valid points sown of which I would've posted on my update upon reaching 50. In addition to that list,

The mere fact that you have to cycle between all of your power settings when you switch, just to get back to the other setting, it's beyond stupid.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    A few more:

- Remove "Account Linking" Does not make sense since there is no character transfer being accepted.
    - Help menu. Needs revamp. Cannot see what keys do what and might not be intuitive to some players.
    - Ability to get out of zoon mode in ground. Similar to shooter mode in ground....the inner circle in the console is too distracting.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif