test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Console version. Un-synched servers are troublesome, at least. It feels like Blackmail. :(

I just tryed it.
And i even got to see the slot for creating a TOS character for half a second.
But after that, the whole startscreen broke down to absolutely blank standard stuff. Heck i dont even get my items that i unlocked from your own events! Thatgear wasnt even on any other server. but your own.
So why cant i get my TOS Stuff, which you gifted me, on my XBOX?
Thanks but no thanks!
Thats blackmail and nothing else.
I will not play this game on any console ever!
I allready payed hundreds of EUROS and i want acces to my ZEN Stuff, no matter what version i play!
Other games have no problems, to give theyr players acces to theyr, bought special gear. So why have you? Dont say "PS4 is not XBOX ONE" Thats no reason, thats just a lazy excuse.

Comments

• Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    bjornfried wrote: »
    What you and other like you are not getting - if you play STO on PC, they DO NOT want you to play it on the console. This release is meant for the new players, not the old ones - so it INTENTIONALLY disincentives switching from PC to console.
    So the devs are completely fine with you not wanting to play on console.

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yeh, I feel the same way. I bought a TON of gadgets and accessories for my truck, now I want to drive my mini-van. Danged dealership refuses to give me all the same stuff for my mini-van.

What the heck ????
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I sincerely hope they add "cross-platform characters transfer" to the FCT soon. This is getting out of hand. :(
  • Options
    arionisa wrote: »
    Yeh, I feel the same way. I bought a TON of gadgets and accessories for my truck, now I want to drive my mini-van. Danged auto parts store refuses to give me all the same stuff for my mini-van.
    More ridiculous (and false, of course) parallels to the God of ridiculous parallels.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Imagine how much fun it would be to all the new console players to come to a seemingly new game only to find out that all the PC space rich guys are already there and expect 5 Million EC or more for a single Zen Key and Hundreds of Millions of EC for a lockbox or lobi ships, when they just made their first 10,000 EC.

Or when they get in their first queue and the PC players blow up every enemy within 17 seconds while they are still trying to get their bearings.

That seems like a great way to ensure that tthe console launch is a failure and the only people on consoles are people that used to be PC players. A few months of development time down the drain.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    I just tryed it.
    But after that, the whole startscreen broke down to absolutely blank standard stuff. Heck i dont even get my items that i unlocked from your own events! Thatgear wasnt even on any other server. but your own.
    Thanks but no thanks!
    I allready payed hundreds of EUROS and i want acces to my ZEN Stuff, no matter what version i play!
    Other games have no problems, to give theyr players acces to theyr, bought special gear. So why have you? Dont say "PS4 is not XBOX ONE" Thats no reason, thats just a lazy excuse.

I must be falling to the dark side. I'm normally a very compassionate person but for some reason when I read this I feel deeply gratified with how upset you are over this.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    Sorry excuses, nothing but sorry excuses! Without the old Players there would be no STO!
    Facepalm.jpeg
    How is being an old player on PC entitles you for the privileges on entirely different platform ?

It is pretty simple - they do want to split the current playerbase between platforms, so leaving PC for the console is "punished" by not giving anything, that was achieved on PC. It's no "excuse", as you would like to pretend - it is an intentional design decision.

And, you know what ? It WORKS - and people saying that they won't play on console if they can't their PC benefits are a proof that it works. In fact you are a living evidence that it is WAI )))

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    I sincerely hope they add "cross-platform characters transfer" to the FCT soon. This is getting out of hand. :(
    Jup Exactly what im talking about. Its almost standard with other games. Cryptic is just not following up to the evolution of Games.
    What I was talking about, since you apparently haven't heard of it it, was adding this topic to the list of Frequently Created Threads that get automatically closed as asked and answered.
  • Options
    Again no reason. You claim that they dont want to. You dont know that And even if. **** this! I payed loads of money for this game just to pay it agayn? Nope, wont bite.
    Why should you pay it again ? Stay and play on PC, where you have all those Zen-bought items - the console release is not aimed at you. Cryptic will be perfectly OK with you staying on PC - they don't need you on the console as you are an existing PC player.
    And if you want to switch to the console, regardless being the current PC player - than suffer the consequences.

PC master race is anyway superior in gaming to console slaves )))

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I just tryed it.
    Thanks but no thanks!
    Do you even know what blackmail means? Obviously not.

As I stated many many times, I own Fallout 4 on PC. If I decided to buy it for Xbox One, none of my DLC or save games would come with it. I own FIFA 16 for Xbox One. If I decided to buy it for PC, none of my Ultimate Team cards or teams would come with it. Etc. etc. etc.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    From reddit. So that you folks see, that im not crazy:

"Ok, character transfers I understand, but what about C-Store unlocks?
    This is the kicker. I would prefer to be able to switch seamlessly between playing on the PC and the Xbox. Same character same everything.

But I get starting fresh due to the constraints of the system. It's a new server so everyone is level 1.

That doesn't explain why previous C-store unlocks and things don't carry over. Things are suppose to be account unlocks. Why aren't accounts linked? Sure I make a new character but that character should still be able to fly the ships I've already purchased.

"

As far as I understand, account linking doesn't exactly work like you think. All account linking seems to do is say "this player linked their console account with their arc account. Grant them the Khan outfit!"

C-store purchases aren't something that can crossover with linked accounts. If you've bought stuff on PC, they stay on PC, including lifetime subscription. The data across the servers are just too different to really give you what you want, so if you don't want to play console, stick to PC or just quit.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    OP: Have you tried some relaxing cup of tea?
    Sorry excuses, nothing but sorry excuses! Without the old Players there would be no STO!

"They don't want to" usually isn't an excuse. It is the thing people make up excuses for to hide it. If it actually is an excuse itself, it is a sour grapes excuse for "can't do it", which wouldn't help your case at all.

And yes, Cryptic could have made a different decision here, but they didn't. And there are many good reasons to draw a line between the versions. Granted, there are also reasons to make cross-platform play possible, and personally I would like it if they did that in the long run, but I can see many possible problems starting off like that. Like the fact that the games are in different states, which could cause problems in the correct allocation of resources (doesn't have to, but could). Or the fact that no console-only player could keep up with the space rich. Yes, sooner or later they would have to pay Zen themselves to get the goodies, but it would hardly be possible to do so with people with two years of accumulated unlocks in a short time. Yes, new players on PC face the same situation, but not everybody.

The thing is: there are many reasons why it could, maybe even should, have been handled differently. But if you don't even accept that there are reasons for doing it this way, and talk about them and how you think them less important, aggressively attacking everybody who dares to suggest otherwise, on a topic that has been discussed for months now, that reeks of entitlement it gives the impression of a hot headed five year old not getting his favorite ice cream.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Special snowflake here, nothing to really see.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,382 Arc User
    I just tryed it.
    Thanks but no thanks!
    Do you even know what blackmail means? Obviously not.

As I stated many many times, I own Fallout 4 on PC. If I decided to buy it for Xbox One, none of my DLC or save games would come with it. I own FIFA 16 for Xbox One. If I decided to buy it for PC, none of my Ultimate Team cards or teams would come with it. Etc. etc. etc.
    Yep. That's industry standard practice. There are a lot of games available on consoles and on PC - and if you're playing on one platform, you're considered a completely different entity than on another platform.

And no, the comparison between this situation and having multiple vehicles is indeed apt. Your XB1 or PS4, while having many of the same capabilities as a PC, is not a PC; its processing capabilities are different, its dedicated graphics capabilities are generally far superior, and it doesn't have to run anything else in the background. It is in fact very much like loading your pickup down with gewgaws ranging from an XM radio to gas shocks so you can raise and lower it at will, then being upset because you have to pay to have those same things installed on your minivan (or even on another pickup altogether).

You don't like it? Don't play on the console. It's really quite simple. Me, I've already set up my first console toon; the controls are hard to get used to, of course, and they're still unlocking all the menu options (for PR reasons, it had to be out at least sometime around the 50th anniversary, obviously), but it'll be kind of neat to be flying around in a world where everyone isn't already bored because they've done everything there is to do.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    What you and other like you are not getting - if you play STO on PC, they DO NOT want you to play it on the console. This release is meant for the new players, not the old ones - so it INTENTIONALLY disincentives switching from PC to console.

And without new players - that is, new player to spend cash on the stuff that you've already bought - then there will be on STO in the future. That's just how businesses work. You expand your customer base beyond those that have already bought your product, or you end up going out of business.

I'm sorry that you're disappointed that you can't get the stuff that you've already bought, but think about the fact that all of those new players that haven't bought that stuff yet are going to add in more cash to the bank on top of what you've already spent, so it's great for STO overall, because they'll have income to spend on new things for everyone.
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User

No one cares what the Devs want in regards to who plays what on what. STO on Console is half a game right now. And even the new comers can tell that something is off.

Hell the Devs for whatever reason decided that Console shouldnt even have access to half the ships that are in the game on PC and in the Store. Want a Guardian Class starship at T6? Too bad. Want an Arbiter Class? Sorry, not available. And before you respond with the "Whos at Level 60 already?" It doesnt take all that long to get to top levels with constant play, which Console Players are just as capable of. And the DR Intel Ships are there.