test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Ships: Which one do you want next? Part 2

roborobin96roborobin96 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
Link to first poll: arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1221200/t6-ships-which-one-do-you-want-next/p1

In my last poll, I asked you which T6 ship you want next. The Sovereign class won by a wide margin, getting 37% of the vote, while the ship coming in second, the Vesta class, only got 11% of the vote.

This is why the Sovereign class will not be an option in this poll, as it's clearly the most popular choice.
Instead, I will take the five most popular non-Sovereign options from the last poll and see how they fare this time, while I include four more options different from last time and respecting the posts I recieved in the poll, while the last option will be "none of the above".

Same rules as last time, simply tick your favorite and click "vote".
830px-Vesta_side.jpg

Who's the prettiest of them all?

T6 Ships: Which one do you want next? Part 2 17 votes

(Fed) Vesta class
17% 3 votes
(Fed) Nebula class
11% 2 votes
(KDF) Vo'quv class
11% 2 votes
(KDF) Vor'cha class
5% 1 vote
(Fed) Nova class
17% 3 votes
(Rom) Romulan Carrier
0% 0 votes
(Rom) Romulan Science Vessel
5% 1 vote
(KDF) Klingon Science Vessel
5% 1 vote
(All) Dyson Science Destroyers
0% 0 votes
None of the above
23% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'll admit that I voted before noticing that there was a none of the above, which is what I really want. Cryptic kind-of sort-of teased a Starfleet Nachthexen-class Battlecruiser, and battlecruisers are totally in my wheelhouse.

But if were not getting a Nachthexen next (and I don't think we are; I think we're getting a Lukari three-ship bundle), seeing a KDF Science ship would have interesting consequences for the community. I wouldn't buy one myself, but it would a) provide the KDF with a faction-specific, end-game science ship and b) probably prove that it's not a good business move for Cryptic, which would hopefully put an end to the vocal minority insisting on its existence. The thing would exist, then, and when it flops (as Cryptic has intimated it would), perhaps there would be no more vocal clamoring for variants and alternatives in such a niche market.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    hmm... think its a mistake to break up the KDF/RR Carrier and KDF/RR Sci ships since the only way cryptic will actually do those is if they're just reskinned versions of each other to minimize the work/cost.

So... KDF/RR Sci ship first for me then Carrier
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    The raider ship from The Next Generation episode Gambit.
  • Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    T6 Miranda.

As for the name for the new T6 model? Here's the story (my gut tells me that there's a good chance its gonna be along the lines of this):

Name: Saratoga Light Cruiser T6

The name being a reference to the USS Saratogas NCC-1887 and NCC-31911.

1887 was the Miranda-class ship that encountered the Whale Probe. Its significance being that it was the first* on-screen ship shown to have a female captain. (*from production point of view)

31911 was the ship Sisko was on during the Battle of Wolf 395.

I know what we are all thinking here: "Why not call it the Reliant class"?

I wouldn't call it that because that would have a bad ring to it. The ship was seized by Khan, heavily damaged the Enterprise and attacked a starbase. Tons of young cadets, crew members, scientists and of course Spock died as a result. To call it the Reliant class sounds inappropriate, despite the ship's popularity as basically the prime universe's Vengeance, at least as far as it being Khan's ship is concerned.

Saratoga has 2 good examples, one for making a progress in equality and the other for being part of the tragic battle of Wolf 359.

I could see this both as a regular T6 ship or a temporal one, either would be fine with me.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"