test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Captain on Console

captfire22captfire22 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Hey, so I'm actually a returning Captain. I played years ago, but wound up dropping out after my first laptop broke down on me. I played enough to know I'm definitely in for the console version, which I just downloaded on Xbox One. I had a few questions about the console version that I've tried looking around for, but couldn't find. I'd appreciate if anyone could answer some of them.

So, I know that none of the PC account stuff transfers. I remember purchasing TOS content, and I really think I'll end up purchasing content again now on consoles. What I was wondering is if any of it, the Zen I purchase or uniforms or ships, etc. will transfer between consoles? I own both a PS4 and an Xbox One, and I switch consoles with him from time to time. So, would zen and content I purchase on XB1 be reflected on my PS4 account?

My second question was if there was cross play between the consoles, as well. Could I play someone on PS4 from the XB1 version?

I appreciate it, guys. I feel bad that I even had to post a thread asking these, but I had a hard time finding the specific answers.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,553 Arc User
    I have not seen an answer, but for safety's sake assume no: no cross play, no shared account.

I'd suggest playing on PS4 since it has better graphics and a larger number of users, unless you have more friends that want to play on X1.
  • Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    They said no crossplay. But they would do it in a heartbeat if all parties involved agree to it. But unfortunately Microsoft will not allow it. Now I think there was talk about Importing your PC toons like from Holodeck to tribble. Which wouldn't be too bad. You would need to "start fresh" No fleet, No friends, but you would have all your stuff, your DOFFs and Bridge crew if they did that. Here's to hoping.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Each company hosts their own servers,so they cannot crossplay. There are third-party chat tools so you can access cryptic chat from outside but I only know them for PCs, I don't know if you can get onto the multi-game chat from a console. That would be cool if it is possible.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    They said no crossplay. But they would do it in a heartbeat if all parties involved agree to it. But unfortunately Microsoft will not allow it.

During spring of this year Microsoft made a public announcement that they have technologies in place to allow for cross platform gaming between the Xbox One and the PS4. While Microsoft has laid the groundwork to allow cross platform gaming between the consoles from a technological standpoint, Sony needs to meet with Microsoft to work out policies on how the two console with communicate with each other to allow cross platform gameplay. Basically, it is up to Sony to decide whether or not they want to open up the PlayStation Network to the XBox One.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    i hope it happens.
  • Options
    captfire22captfire22 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah, I think I was more or less hoping on the cross play between consoles. It's just everything I could find about it seemed to only be between consoles and PC.

Thanks for the reply on purchased content between PS4 and XB1. I just need to be mindful of where I buy what, considering where I'll play STO more. Thanks again.
  • Options
    eegahmanoseegahmanos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey how do you get the free ship on xbox one?
  • Options
    evo00oevo00o Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    If they don't port your existing characters from PC or XB1, what's the point of the STO login offering to connect my existing account?!?

I connected my account when launching STO on PS3 for the first time, then got dropped to a browser for the final authentication... Upon reentering STO, it just went straight to new character creation. ?

I was sure there must be some issue, so I came online to check for forum reports, & I find that the characters don't port at all? That makes no sense. If nothing copies over, I might as well be opening a new player profile anyway. Heck, I was looking forward to seeing whether the PS3 version had access to edit my Foundry missions! Fat chance, eh?