test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lack of 50th Anniversary item is a good thing

I think it's great that so far Cryptic have yet to announce a special item for the 50th Anniversary. It means in days/weeks/months to come we won't have forum threads about people complaining they couldn't get the exclusive anniversary item. This way we're all treated equally.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Yes, Cryptic can't win with the giveaways. There's always someone complaining that they "never heard about it" (because they ignored the News page, news subforum, threads here and chat), or were on vacation, had a PC problem, the dog ate their internets, whatever.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'm sorry but I'm not drunk enough for that to sound right... and people almost never cry about missiing c-store giveaways they cry about the giveaway being useless or them just paying for it. cryptic really messed up not giving away something.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Pah, the lack of even a decent acknowledgment on the forums or in a blog of some kinds kind of makes any sensible logic about avoiding whiners later on irrelevant.
    I mean so far there's been one single picture tweeted, something a large number of players will never see.

Hell they've done more than this for lesser "events" in the past; First Contact days, Season releases, even Back to the Future future day saw then design and release a special item for one day only!!!
    So don't tell me any sort of logic about avoiding flames from those unable to get items is their reasoning. They are all for exclusivity after all.....just ask the people trying to get previous event ships and items.
    SulMatuul.png
  • kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    Yes, expect people will now complain there is no exclusive anniversary item, so I'm not sure if that's going to work either, but at least this way, it's less work for them overall.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    There is a 50 EC giveway
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    I'm not missing anything at all, it's not my anniversary after all. It would have been great to receive something of any kind but it is what it is. Demanding anything at this point is not the way it's gonna work anyways...

Happy anniversary Star Trek !!!
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Hey - at least there's a twtter pic of the team giving the vulcan salute, so there's that
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I think it's great that so far Cryptic have yet to announce a special item for the 50th Anniversary. It means in days/weeks/months to come we won't have forum threads about people complaining they couldn't get the exclusive anniversary item. This way we're all treated equally.

Indeed.
    Also, Cryptic should apply this to lockboxes and R&D promotions and remove them from the game, so that no one can complain that they didn't win..

I like your idea very much!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    And for those who don't miss the giveaway today, there's always complaining about already having the item - that never gets old...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is a giveaway today TOS Bundle in the C-Store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns