test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO on XB1 and my first experience with it

sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
So, i have played quite a bit on PC, Gold/Lifetime....... yadda yadda, but at somepoint last year the game went dry on me, i still log on randomly to get my 500 Zen monthly or see what has changed.

But now that it came to XB1, i thought... hey give it a chance... and.... they TRIBBLE it up.

Download okay, fast.
But at the very first moment... if you have the Arc app. it wont show or download via the arc app.... why make me have it then?? Oo
Second moment. "You have to register an account and link it with this gamertag" well duh, yeah of course. So the new little fancy window with a code link opens.
IMA PRESS EEETT,... well didnt work. Opening the exact given link in a browser on a laptop doesnt do the job.
SO i open it in the XB1 Browser. Register my well used account ... aaaannd...
"The account you entered is already linked, please log out and use a different ...."

Are you guys kidding me? Of Course it is linked as you made me sign into Arc for every other game on XB1
So the only option left was to skip the account linking process as it wouldnt start the game otherwise. Well you might think as it said that the Gamertag i used was already linked it would give me this "enhanced experience"... you think wrong. As it now acts with me like i wouldnt have registered or linked an account. but once past the accept terms window you cannot go back and click the "linking accounts button" that always tells you to Link an PWE account for it to work properly and when you do it says its to use a different account...

I cant have any of the Lifetime benefits on XB1, wont get the monthly Zen. cant even have my Borg as Starting char, or cant use my previous Chars...

Why did i want to play on XB1? Becasue i thought its more casual and easier to access for just gaming a little at evening any playing with my wife on 2 consoles. Turned out that this is way more complicated to get it running that the PC version where you already have to enter 3 different sites to make it work (when you got it on CD and then over Steam with the CD code)

The ticket i filed will most likely as all other tickets that were filed in the past give me an "IT Crowd" answer.

So now im stuck in a character screen with no options to go back and it tells me to link an account that is already linked for the "enhanced experience" but at the same time wont let me link it or show up that this one is linked until you enter the code.
The reason why i repeat that part over and over... well thats how i feel. Annoyed. And stuck in this loop of unlogical PWE account verification process where each step on its own works but when asked to put them together they fail.

Why not make the Game available over the ARC app on XB1 like every other game from you?? that way all the weird verification Emails and links wouldnt be needed as it already goes over the verified and linked arc app...

Unless i get a good answer via my filed ticket i will uninstall again and put this experiment to a rest.
"Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    its mentioned early, everything goes seperate on console, so all ships all from pc, nope its linked for pc

as everyone going from begining on console, so that means everyone are same at that point and to get all stuff you need to get them again

but once you get them it should work as and for PC
    i don't have time to try console, too busy with kepping fleet projects runing atm, maybe for couple of months :/
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    well i know that i have to do a fresh start. thats not the problem.. the problem is that it keeps asking me to "link an PWE account" for that "enhanced experience" but when i do it says its already in use and linked and i cant use that for this game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2016
    isn't the PWE acc that one you using for sign in on Arc?

or its bugged at this point then
    exactly.... as i stated, it required me to log in with the account and keeps asking for it to link the game with the PWE account i follow the exact steps provided by the game, entering my PWE sign in on the PWE/arc website link it opens. and tadaaaa it says "this account/gamertag is already linked, please log out and try a different account for it wo work" I HAVE ONLY ONE PWE ACCOUNT -.-

thats the point i am referring to its bugged and doesnt work the way it should.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    that yours pwe account you using is it that one for PC, or you created a new one for xbox, and maybe to check email?
    it literally asks you to use the account you use on PC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i see, i guess you should maybe to try make new acc, as pc and xbox aren't they same thing, tho it all confusing, not sure what i can do

lets hope support will be more helpful then my advices or that someone else on forum has better advice who already using console
    edited September 2016
    as i said already i just have ONE PWE account, all other XB1 games work with that account, i have the ARC app on XB1 where the gamertag is linked to the account. i just use one account. the problems isnt that i made an error. its a known issue. its in the bug forums alraedy i didnt want to "ask for advice" as all people who have this issue (and its quite a bit)
    have done the exact same thing as been told by the game. its Cryptic Error and needs to be fixed. my point was to write my first experience down for this "whole new enhanced gameplay" which does not work as intended

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2016
    i see, i guess you should maybe to try make new acc, as pc and xbox aren't they same thing, tho it all confusing, not sure what i can do

lets hope support will be more helpful then my advices or that someone else on forum has better advice who already using console

why make a new account just for that game when neverwinter already runs on my XB1 with that very same account!? PC and XB1 arent the same thing BUT it uses the same account. you have to have a valid PWE account in order to play on XB1, it doesnt matter if its PS4 XB1 or PC. you can have games on all 3 with the same account. just STO on XB1 doesnt work that way as it is bugged and thats wha i try to tell

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    I discussed this with a rep on chat support about Arc Linking, if you have Arc on console just skip the linking he/she told me, at present it's a known issue. Possibly down to load on the consoles/Arc Account Server.

Suggest trying it another time, you can still play as normal.
    simply to try. as existing one is troublesome, maybe new one will work fine,

or to wait offical support suggestion, whats better idea
    edited September 2016
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    I discussed this with a rep on chat support about Arc Linking, if you have Arc on console just skip the linking he/she told me, at present it's a known issue. Possibly down to load on the consoles/Arc Account Server.

Suggest trying it another time, you can still play as normal.
    been trying to get in live chat for a while, so thanks for your experience and answer here. i also got the answer its a known issue. i do have the arc app on console and that app is already linked. i guess i just wait until this is fixed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]