test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"This Arc account is already linked to a gamertag, please logout and use a different Arc account"

So, after a long haitus, I recently saw STO on the Xbox One marketplace. I eagerly downloaded and installed an old favorite game. Once I ran the game I was prompted to link my Xbox gamertag to Arc(I'm assuming I will be able to load my old characters). After signing into Arc, I am sent to the main menu, where I only have the option to create new characters.

I tried exiting the program and re-opened the game, but again, it prompts me to link with an Arc account. Only now, every time I attempt to log into Arc I get the message "This Arc account is already linked to a gamertag, please logout and use a different Arc account". I am still using the same login for both Xbox and Arc.

It would really not be worth my time if I have to create all new characters. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    As of right now, account linking is a known issue. However, from what I have read around the forums, linking your account does not give you anything from the PC version. The Xbox version is to being more people into the game, and people who left the PC side. It is not a place for us PC players to go to get a jump start start on new players.
    “In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock
  • Options
    redskin33456redskin33456 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Fair enough
  • Options
    jdobemjdobem Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i have the same problem, "This Arc account is already linked to a Gamertag"
    I played Neverwinter on the Xbox One and now if I try to link in STO it gives me the above error.
    Would be nice for a fix.

thanks
  • Options
    rabbutshubbyrabbutshubby Member Posts: 1 New User
    same error for me too.
  • Options
    cruciasnzcruciasnz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Just reporting I am recieving the same error, link from Neverwinter is not being detected
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    yeah very same issue. -.-
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qqryq2qqryq2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2016
    same here, I was playing on X1 yesterday and today's morning (CET time). From 4pm my gamertag needs to be linked but it is and it was :(

I will not even mention that PC version stuck at loading screen on 'Agents of yesterday".
  • Options
    bagreekbagreek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having same issue got stuck on a mission, The npc a was to interact with despawned a tried to relog now i cant link my account have also played neverwinter. When atry to unlink it i just tells me to contact support tried through xbox and went on my pc just the same nothing happens.
  • Options
    knightofdespairknightofdespair Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same , i despise the devs for not including crossplay (would like to work on my fleet assignments without installing on my PC ( i noticed with PC version with every new area it downloads more and more data on my HDD) finding 5 people to be in a party with and that are not in a guild and same instance is a freaking pain just to start a guild/fleet same can be said for neverwinter, heck all of Cryptics games have stupid demands for starting a guild (how about paying a flat out fee and start one?.....Noooo we have to make it difficult for the player :( , with that said this is just icing on the cake for me sadly !!!!
  • Options
    shaggysmurfshaggysmurf Member Posts: 2 New User
    No dice here. I also cannot unlink my Xbox account and try to relink it.