test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forum Update?

I take it that we got a forum update?

Things seem to have changed here... not only visually but also performance-wise on my phone.

Very nice... TY cryptic. :)

Comments

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Ah so it's not just me.

On an iPhone here and it is utterly atrocious, page jumps up and down in size and half of its off the screen and can't be seen.

What have you guys done!
    SulMatuul.png
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    There is no mobile version website now. I hope it comes back soon. The desktop version is clunky on a mobile.
    Post edited by officerbatman81 on
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    [quote="officerbatman81;13050514"]There is no mobile version website. I hooe it comes back soon. The desktop version is clunky on a mobile.[/quote]

Oh... this is the non-mobile forum?

EDIT: And Quotes still don't work...
    edited September 2016
    I dont know what "this" is because im not seeing what your seeing. But black background with more graphics like sigs and banners is the desktop version.
    Mobile version is plain white and simple without all that visual spam.
    Was here earlier today. Can switch into it anymore.
    edited September 2016
    More graphics here with a black background... but no signatures or banners...

Oh... and I have no option to go Full site or Mobile.

Likwise.. it is the same changes over on the Neverwinter firums too.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    Yeah, I don't like it.

Not one bit.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited September 2016
    There is no mobile version website now. I hope it comes back soon. The desktop version is clunky on a mobile.

There IS a mobile version still, it just looks very much like the full version on the phone. Quoting someone doesn't return "null" when you are on the full version. I had to go to my browser's menu and select "Request Desktop Site" in order to quote you.

What really gets me is not having a link back out to the subforum at the bottom of the page. The full site doesn't have it, but 99% of the time I'm using the full site, I'm on a real computer and can just hit the Home key to jump to the top, where the link is. There is no Home key on a touch screen, once you've read through 29 posts, you have to scroll back up through them ALL to get to the top and out. PITA. Now, with whatever changes have happened, the mobile site doesn't have it either.

If this is, as I suspect, a chance on Vanilla's end of things, they should be ashamed and anyone considering using their software should take heed that they are apparently willing to change site functionality with little warning to their end users.

ETA: Also, from the subforum, there used to be a post count so you had some idea what you were in for when opening a thread. Now there is only a "New Posts" count and a page count. Boo...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited September 2016
    bergins wrote: »

There IS a mobile version still, it just looks very much like the full version on the phone. Quoting someone doesn't return "null" when you are on the full version. I had to go to my browser's menu and select "Request Desktop Site" in order to quote you.

What really gets me is not having a link back out to the subforum at the bottom of the page. The full site doesn't have it, but 99% of the time I'm using the full site, I'm on a real computer and can just hit the Home key to jump to the top, where the link is. There is no Home key on a touch screen, once you've read through 29 posts, you have to scroll back up through them ALL to get to the top and out. PITA. Now, with whatever changes have happened, the mobile site doesn't have it either.

If this is, as I suspect, a chance on Vanilla's end of things, they should be ashamed and anyone considering using their software should take heed that they are apparently willing to change site functionality with little warning to their end users.

ETA: Also, from the subforum, there used to be a post count so you had some idea what you were in for when opening a thread. Now there is only a "New Posts" count and a page count. Boo...

Test... test... found my "Request Desktop Site" on my phone's dropdown menu...

Let's see if this quote works...

EDIT: It did!
    edited September 2016
    null

Yep, and if you unchecked the box, it goes back to... well, you see... :(

And that lack of a link back out, that's really really gonna drive me bonkers...
    Agreed... the linkout at the bottom was nice. As well as, post counts and page numbers...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Actually, on my mobile I do prefer the white background. Now I am stuck with the black background. This is not the same as problems I have had in the past when it went to the desktop site. Then you could not scroll horizontally and stuff was really messed up. This seems to be formatted for mobile.

Coincidence that this occurred on the same day as the Console release?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Coincidence that this occurred on the same day as the Console release?
    Considering the fact they haven't put up forums for either console yet apparently, I'd have to go with coincidence.
    Personally, I prefer the white on black scheme, myself... easier on my aging eyes.

That said, an option to switch would be welcome.
    As an aside... I can see the Tribble Announcement and Patch Notes forum again...
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    By Grabthar's Hammer, this looks TRIBBLE horrible on a phone.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    Odd... Am I the only one who finds this as a generally positive change?
    For the most part, it has been an improvement of performance.
    null

I hate it. Please change it back. I only forum from my phone, never computer.
    No page numbers. Too ornate and useless info "prettyness".

You guys might get your wish and see me a lot less here. Sad day.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes but this may be preliminary work to making the Forums consistent looking on all Platforms for when the release the Console Forums.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Well I don't know what the heck this is but it's just TRIBBLE. It's got way too many graphics and pointless banners etc and it's a nightmare trying to find anything.
    The old mobile site (the white one) worked perfectly and was easy to navigate. This is a big step backwards in my view.
    I don't even see an option to switch to a different site.
    SulMatuul.png
    null
    Still cant quote. Functionality isnt better thats for dam sure. Didnt fix what wasnt broken.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2016
    Fisher price called. They would like their forum format back please.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!