test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4!

Comments

• If I download the us version on my uk Xbox one can I still play it?!?!?
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    If I download the us version on my uk Xbox one can I still play it?!?!?

"Some content and apps may not be available or accessible in some locations. If your console is set to a different location than the one you live in, you may be able to download and install an app from a different market, but you may not be able to use it. That app may be geo-fenced (restricted by physical location, not the console setting) and may prevent you from playing content from another country or region".

Taken from Xbox One Locales FAQ
  • What time is it for you guys in US now so I have some form of idea if we are getting it tomorrow
    edited September 2016
    What time is it for you guys in US now so I have some form of idea if we are getting it tomorrow

According to a PS4 releases blog it's due on PS4 in the EU on Friday, MIGHT be the same for XBOX. Looking forward to confirmation today from Cryptic on that one

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/09/06/new-on-playstation-store-the-tomorrow-children-star-trek-online-more/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+SCEEBlog+(blog.eu.playstation.com)
  • cord11cord11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's out now check it out
  • So America gets a 3 day head start yeah that's fair lol
    So America gets a 3 day head start yeah that's fair lol

It's how games have usually always released (US first, then UK/EU), can't remember back that far but the PC version of STO might have been the same
  • I was expecting a day difference not 3!!! So annoyed right now
    I was expecting a day difference not 3!!! So annoyed right now

We'll find out from Cryptic at some point (hopefully today)
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    It's a good job Cryptic wanted everyone to have a fresh start and start the game at the same level as the next person ... oh wait, I mean three days apart. Yeah.....
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    flash525 wrote: »
    It's a good job Cryptic wanted everyone to have a fresh start and start the game at the same level as the next person ... oh wait, I mean three days apart. Yeah.....

Hardly matters, since many players will be at level 60 within a week (maybe 2) anyway, even playing casually. They won't have much lead time
  • First reports were 6th for US and 7th for EU but if play stations website is anything to go by there saying the 9th
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    and even the PS store rep who posts in the blog says Friday so yeah it's Friday for the EU PS4 version.
  • Which means Xbox version will be Friday to
  • wardenhawkewardenhawke Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a US/UK/JP PSN account. (i'm British) Currently downloading on my US account. Because all separate accounts are set to Primary my UK account should be able to play it. My Neverwinter game install is UK and i just tested it on my US account and i'm able to play it :)
    "The wizard will sort it out coz of the wonderful things he does" DCI Gene Hunt
  • ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    So since console was released today does PC get it's graphics update soon?
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    ccs46 wrote: »

I'm wondering (and hoping) the same thing
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.

I'm wondering (and hoping) the same thing

That'd need a patch surely?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

3 Days are quite different from 6 years.

We're talking 24,000 Dilithium refinement vs a fully fledged Fleet Starbase + Holdings, 100+ Admiralty ships and all Very Rare or better Mark XIV gear, fully completed reputations and reputation gear and 6 years of experience in playing STO.

In short, cry me a river.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rubixthethirdrubixthethird Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Will i be able to use my existing gold membership and z store purchaseson my ps4? If not, i will not be partaking in the console version.
  • alhanaescheralhanaescher Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    And there is finally an announcement! With a very vague EU release date of "The coming days". Oh well, set my XBox One to use and have it downloading already.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Lifetime sub is on sale for both consoles for 16750 zen, it's in the zen store. 33% off Sale they say but that seems really cheap since 11000 zen is 99.99 and 5300 zen is 49.99 on psn store.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • kyrop1kyrop1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    mikefl wrote: »
    Lifetime sub is on sale for both consoles for 16750 zen, it's in the zen store. 33% off Sale they say but that seems really cheap since 11000 zen is 99.99 and 5300 zen is 49.99 on psn store.

Will my lifetime sub carry over from my existing account?

I know that none of my ships or characters will carry over, just wondering if the cash I plunked down years ago brings me any benefit. Have the game downloading now.
  • tekkiextekkiex Member Posts: 1 New User
    If your ships and characters won't carry over then neither will anything else as the game probably uses separate servers from PC for accounts and gameplay.
  • xceptopecxceptopec Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    From what I saw in a couple of vids talking to Cryptic devs, the PC update will drop sometime soon after the console launch.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Will i be able to use my existing gold membership and z store purchaseson my ps4? If not, i will not be partaking in the console version.
    I've been wondering this too. With Neverwinter, I can link my game accounts, but I had no Store unlocks to try to claim.
    tekkiex wrote: »
    If your ships and characters won't carry over then neither will anything else as the game probably uses separate servers from PC for accounts and gameplay.
    If Cryptic think I am paying to unlock ships again, they can forget it.
    I'll still play, of course, but on PS4 I'll be completely Free2Play.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • direwolf016#2451 direwolf016 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Holy TRIBBLE, I'm geeking-the-eff-out right now! Not only do they have the LTS, but they have it on sale. And, to boot, it's just $80USD for three cool packs (at least on the PS4). I'm downloading it now, going to try it and see if I like it, and then I'm going to open my bank account if I do!
  • kyrop1kyrop1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I've been wondering this too. With Neverwinter, I can link my game accounts, but I had no Store unlocks to try to claim.
    tekkiex wrote: »
    If Cryptic think I am paying to unlock ships again, they can forget it.
    I'll still play, of course, but on PS4 I'll be completely Free2Play.

This was my thoughts. I was able to link the Neverwinter account, but I didn't have any sort of lifetime subscription there. It absolutely could carryover without also bringing over ships or characters.

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Wow, I agree. you might as well not even play. No point since you'll never catch up with those lost 3 days.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.