test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3D printed copy of your own custom ship!

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    thay8472 wrote: »
    heh STO could make their own 'attack wing' game and we could throw our ships at one another.

Considering the intelligence level of the average person I see in STO they'd probably choke to death on their ship after mistaking it for food.​​

artan42 wrote: »
    Well this has suddenly got predictable pig-2.gif. You know there's no challenge with a Bulwark or Atrox. I sudgest printing a Khnial or a Llaihr pig-6.gif.​​

Typhoon Typhoon!!!

wait ...

Can I eat a Typhoon? Or will a Typhoon eat me?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    if someone can manage to get either of those ships inside them without requiring subsequent hospitalization, i applaud them - they have bowels of steel​​
    That's metallurgist!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I seriously doubt that Cryptic has worked a reasonable price point for the ships, especially with the lack of "finishing" it has, if the ships were cleaned up from the "tree-ring" effect (as someone else her monikered it) that 3D printing leaves, we might be talking a higher vakue item.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    if someone can manage to get either of those ships inside them without requiring subsequent hospitalization, i applaud them - they have bowels of steel​​

Why would you assume it goes in THAT hole? You do know there are girls who play this game too...some with really dirty minds.

They still might need hospitalization after "toying" with the Knial or Llaihr. The organs injured are irrelevant.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    -deleted, since I can't be bothered-
    Post edited by wendysue53 on
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    Do you own a computer? Then you have an IP address. Very easy to trace and often is.

All I said was that's animal cruelty, not humor. then I stated my credents. You ran your mouth afterward.

As said, I'd rather discuss ships. THis IS a ship thread.

Then that's what you should stick to instead of trolling me about a youtube cat video I posted in response to another troll. BTW, have you posted on topic yet?
    You can say whatever you like, and we'll never know if it's true or not. I do not know anyone with any sense that would even consider making a case with that as the only evidence.

You should visit california than. And no, there was nothing funny about that video. Seriously how lame that video is should be a jailable crime. Nevermind the animal cruelty aspect...but whoever thought that video was funny should be removed from the gene pool.

Oh, boo frickin' hoo. Neither one of you so-called "TRIBBLE whisperers" knows anything about it except a cat was yowling at his idiot owner who has a cell phone & internet access. Not even remotely a cruelty situation, let alone something jailable. Post about the topic, please.
    You can say whatever you like, and we'll never know if it's true or not. I do not know anyone with any sense that would even consider making a case with that as the only evidence.

You should visit california than. And no, there was nothing funny about that video. Seriously how lame that video is should be a jailable crime. Nevermind the animal cruelty aspect...but whoever thought that video was funny should be removed from the gene pool.

agreed.

and I'm done with this thread until someone else says something worthwhile... Sad. I hate to see great threads die like this.

:'(

It was so great you never once posted on topic.
    He really should read the rest of the thread. I believe I was well on topic, even if a bit off of it before he ran his mouth before.

but I'm done. let him run his mouth. He posts. I ignore. *shrug*
    Especially since I was the one discussion fabrications methods, etc. -.-
    Post about the topic, please.

Why...you didn't.

Actually, I did (more than once) before the trolls jumped in when they didn't like what I posted. <shrug>
    He really should read the rest of the thread. I believe I was well on topic, even if a bit off of it before he ran his mouth before.

but I'm done. let him run his mouth. He posts. I ignore. *shrug*

Off topic before on topic...before...before. Maybe you need an AoY script writer so you can get your facts (and story) straight. You seem to be caught in a temporal "truth inversion" loop.

Have fun not commenting.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    How is it trolling to comment or disagree with a post.

It could be said that one who posts animal abuse videos on a game forum is a troll.
    Post about the topic, please.

Why...you didn't.

Actually, I did (more than once) before the trolls jumped in when they didn't like what I posted. <shrug>

So a cat being tormented is related HOW?!? I don't give a rat's **** what you posted before that one. You went off the rail with that so if others go off the rail in reply, you have NO leg to stand on by demanding they stay "on topic". You are being a hypocrite at that point. So yeah, you done frakked up.

Guess you missed the guy trolling me in this thread with a cat cartoon, or my other post where I told the SJcatW-lady about the vid being a response to that; so to cite your conversation about it - it might help if you read ALL of the posts before running your mouths.

I'd say you're an "expert" in the "hypocrisy" & "frakked up" departments.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Wow, this thread escalated quickly.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    What they said before is completely irrelivant you idjet. Just because they did wrong too doesn't make what you did any better. Jeebus, it's like talking to a 5 year old child.

Name calling & derogatory comments only serve to further prove my point, thank you. Quit while you're behind.
    How is it trolling to comment or disagree with a post.

It could be said that one who posts animal abuse videos on a game forum is a troll.

Really? I think iit could also be said that you are trying too hard to make a big case out of nothing. Maybe you are more like "batman" and less like an "officer." 81 has got to be your IQ.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Wow, this thread escalated quickly.​​
    I think we should leave cats behind and deal with ducks. I got nothing and need some help.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    if someone can manage to get either of those ships inside them without requiring subsequent hospitalization, i applaud them - they have bowels of steel

Why would you assume it goes in THAT hole? You do know there are girls who play this game too...some with really dirty minds.

That's a myth and you KNOW that pig-47.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Obviously a myth. Girls can't have dirty minds ;).

They also don't play video games.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Obviously a myth. Girls can't have dirty minds ;).

They also don't play video games.

True. Only thing they does is to hurl objects. And claw at you. pig-4.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    If you appreciate the ships of Star Trek buy yourself a proper model. 3d printing is still behind traditional casting processes in terms of quality and the price of materials is high. This is compared to niche marketed plastic and resin components that are already priced high for what they are. All of this comes before attaching the name of a popular IP to them.

The customization is nice; You can't get that without scratch-building or paying someone with the expertise to do it for you but considering this is being marketed as something for display purposes I think they are doing a disservice to the customer and to themselves.

3d printed objects have poor textures, are prone to warping but the issue of quality control exercised when dealing with completely customizable models causes me the greatest concern particularly if plans are being provided and there is a print on demand service through a third party. There are many options available to the ship collector or builder that suit any number of budgets and degrees of modelling skill. Until I see high resolution photos, particularly of vessels with fine detail components I'd leave this one alone.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• sfgurusfguru Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    They use sandstone that is dyed with colored superglue. From the Eucl3D website...

"Bringing your Game to Life!

After these digital improvements are finished, your model is 3D printed in ProJet 660 machines produced by 3D Systems. These operate with a powder based system; first, an arm swipes a thin layer of mineral powder onto the print surface at an even thickness and then inkjet heads traverse the surface depositing CMYK dyed adhesives onto the powder. We can put dozens of prints into one batch of the machine. Once a batch is finished a technician carefully vacuums excess powder away from the models and removes them from the print bed. Technicians delicately vacuum excess powder away from the prints"
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    This has to be the most awesome news in the History of STO. I believe everyone who plays sto does becasue of the nostalgia of flying there own ship in space. We have spent hundreds of hours customizing our ship in game to our own personal reference and now. Now we can have that time spent honored by creating your ship and having it in RL along side its ingame cournterpart. This is truly awesome. I'll say it again. The single most greatest application to grace a video game.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    You know? For people who don't have a 3D printer. I see a huge opportunity here to make money. Say it cost $50 to print a "said" ship. You could charge people a little extra and have the ship Fedex to them. Theres money to be made here. I can smell it.