test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Pack Promotion

14567810»

Comments

• irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    No T6 Connie,T6 D7, or T6 T'liss on my limited dil for Zen funds and little cash left for Zen, but would have gotten all three Starships if only Crpytic would of put them in the C-Store. :( Now this unfair way of getting any T6 TOS Starship is a slap in the face to any and all true Star Trek FANS. Too limited a time to get it on top of that, what a kick U while u r down tactic after such a long requested wait.

Pretty sure Cryptic/PWE are well aware they'd make more cash from selling them single or in a 3-pack in the store, same with the Kelvin Timeline ships. Seems likely that the popular theory about them only being allowed to release them in a limited availability manner or not at all is accurate. That's been the case for most ships outside of current era faction ships to date, other than the AOY ones (which have the "not really old ships but lookalikes created by Daniels buddies" get-out).

• yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    THB i don't really care for teh TOS ship, i was more hoping to get my hands on the Exeter and Excalibur.
    I made made a small break from playing STO for a few weeks, only to see that the T6 Constitution is only availlable for limited time and limited chance?
    Wow Cryptic, you guys carefully aimed and then fully kicked into the nuts. Everythime i think they cannot go any lower, they convince me otherwise.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    yreodred wrote: »
    THB i don't really care for teh TOS ship, i was more hoping to get my hands on the Exeter and Excalibur.
    I made made a small break from playing STO for a few weeks, only to see that the T6 Constitution is only availlable for limited time and limited chance?
    Wow Cryptic, you guys carefully aimed and then fully kicked into the nuts. Everythime i think they cannot go any lower, they convince me otherwise.

True

Also, the TOS ship CAN be customized to look like either of those ship you want, though.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User

It is a shame, I liked supporting the game. But after this I just can't bring myself to anymore. It has nothing to do with the promo but what they put in the promo. The lack of communication, it feels sketchy at best. Lockbox would have been infinitely better then R&D boxs I still would have called foul, I still play but none of my money is heading to sto anymore any ship I want now will just come out of my stipend. I would even argue that c-store would have blow up had they decided to release them there, even though they have no T6 or future temporal light cruiser skin.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User

True

Also, the TOS ship CAN be customized to look like either of those ship you want, though.
    Yeah, that's why i'm so upset about it.
    I really don't mind the TOS version being rare in the game. It's ok if they don't have the rights for it or whatever. But for the sake of ppl. wanting to have a T6 (or T5) Exeter/Excalibur 24/25th century skin, they should have made it availlable through C-Store IMO.

C-Store would have been ok, Lockbox would have been tolerable, but R&D pack? No.

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    No T6 Connie,T6 D7, or T6 T'liss on my limited dil for Zen funds and little cash left for Zen, but would have gotten all three Starships if only Crpytic would of put them in the C-Store. :(

Would you have gotten them for $150 per ship if they'd put them in the C-Store? Because Cryptic makes $200 ($250 now that the sale is over) for Every Single One of them that enters play. At the rate they're selling there's no reason to offer them for any less.

$30 for the most iconic ship in the franchise wedded to apex predator stats was NEVER on the table.

NEVER.
  • hangukohanguko Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'm severely disappointed. Not with another useless vessel. I have 100s of them. I don't care about that. Why IS THERE STILL NO NEW CONTENT DAMMIT ? JUST WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSE TO FLY OUR SHIPS ? EXPLAIN THAT! NO FREAKING CONTENT IN ETERNITY. WTF?!?!?!?! WHERE ARE NEW PLANETS ? WHERE ARE NEW SECTORS ? WTF?!? AGAIN ,

WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?

JUST IN CASE YOU DIDNT HEAR ME ASKING

WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    NEW CONTENT ? please
    Here is your answer folks, where will be no new content. They will just print more ships, and other pointless things, and expect YOU to have fun, in EXACTLY the same game space as a YEAR BEFORE. If anybody wants to argue this, please show me NEW CONTENT, or stay quiet.
    Do you even have any level designers in the development team ? Do you have any pride as a gaming company ? Do you have ANY IMAGINATION left ? Any at all ? Anything? ..........
    edited September 2016
    There, now go back arguing about useless vessel what adds ZERO CONTENT to the game, all you want folks.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    nikeix wrote: »
    No T6 Connie,T6 D7, or T6 T'liss on my limited dil for Zen funds and little cash left for Zen, but would have gotten all three Starships if only Crpytic would of put them in the C-Store. :(

Would you have gotten them for $150 per ship if they'd put them in the C-Store? Because Cryptic makes $200 ($250 now that the sale is over) for Every Single One of them that enters play. At the rate they're selling there's no reason to offer them for any less.

$30 for the most iconic ship in the franchise wedded to apex predator stats was NEVER on the table.

NEVER.

I would pay for that on the C store. It would been there and I knew for certain I can get it. And gave me time to build up the zen to get it. I would bought zen when they had promos, and through the exchange. Then having to spend $ on luck with little chance to get it. Oh look they have a Zen sale up now. I will now pass due to there is no reason now to buy some. IF those ships was there. I would bought some. So now they lost $ from this customer.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »

NEVER.

There are $100+ dollar themed packs. If they offered the T6 Prime Connie in a $150 pack, giving you the holographic TOS BO's, the Dilithium TWoK costumes as an account wide unlock, and the expanded TOS interior from one of the new missions. I think a lot of people would have dropped $150 in the C-Store. Do the same for the D7 and the T'Liss with some faction themed items and interiors and you have happier players that can guarantee getting what they want, even when the price is a bit... steep.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    hanguko wrote: »
    I'm severely disappointed. Not with another useless vessel. I have 100s of them. I don't care about that. Why IS THERE STILL NO NEW CONTENT DAMMIT ? JUST WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSE TO FLY OUR SHIPS ? EXPLAIN THAT! NO FREAKING CONTENT IN ETERNITY. WTF?!?!?!?! WHERE ARE NEW PLANETS ? WHERE ARE NEW SECTORS ? WTF?!? AGAIN ,

WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?

Ships = content
    Story missions = content
    events = content
    shinies = content
    battlezones = content

I've been playing since around 2013 and there's only been 1 new sector added since then and a complete sector space revamp. I'm not sure where you get the idea that there should be new sector space added all the time. Virtually all of the space that's ever been in every show and movie is in the game. Though a Gamma Quadrant addition would be nice.
    Post edited by salazarraze on
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    hanguko wrote: »

WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?
    WHERE IS NEW CONTENT ?

Cryptic is hiding it in the Foundry - literally.

There are over 90,000 missions in there waiting to be played, explored, conquered.... if they would only spend a small amount of effort and commit to a simple fix to the Foundry interface so those adventures could be found. (See sig).

Is close to 90,000 missions enough 'content' for you?
  • nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I get that Cryptic is a business and they have to make money. They're not working for free. It's just some of the decisions lately. The MACO and TWOK costumes in the dil store at what I consider crazy prices. The Kelvin ships in the lockboxes and now the Connie in the R&D pack. I was never one to complain, but this is a little much. It's hard on us casual players who don't play 12 hours a day or don't have real deep pockets to spend on this game. I do love the game, but you're starting to turn me off.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    nefarius2 wrote: »
    I get that Cryptic is a business and they have to make money. They're not working for free. It's just some of the decisions lately. The MACO and TWOK costumes in the dil store at what I consider crazy prices. The Kelvin ships in the lockboxes and now the Connie in the R&D pack. I was never one to complain, but this is a little much. It's hard on us casual players who don't play 12 hours a day or don't have real deep pockets to spend on this game. I do love the game, but you're starting to turn me off.

fDgPwI5.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User

Well the Kelvin thing I didn't really mind what with it being an alternate universe ship, plus with the infinity box its not like you couldn't eventually get one at a decent price.

But the rest of it invoked a "what the feck is Cryptic smoking if they think this was a good idea that won't anger players"

Honestly the whole thing only makes sense if its CBS shooting the franchise in the foot... again, which doesn;t help my faith in them not TRIBBLE Discovery up.

• rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    It seems to me that the drop rate and demand is such that we may never see these 23rd C Temporal ships in the exchange.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    It seems to me that the drop rate and demand is such that we may never see these 23rd C Temporal ships in the exchange.
    Of course we won't or if on the off chance a rare amount does they will be the most expensive ship in game to get and not many people will have the ec for it

NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    It's hard on us casual players who don't play 12 hours a day or don't have real deep pockets to spend on this game. I do love the game, but you're starting to turn me off.

It's "hard"?

Is it really so much less fun to play STO if you're "only" using a Fleet Paladin with the Ranger skin and TOS interior (7,500Z, I admit, but C-store) as opposed to the T6 Connie? I'm sure that a well-built Ranger will DPS the proverbial off a poorly-kitted out Connie. Think 1970s HMS Ark Royal; a smaller, older ship working like mad and taking great pride in competing with its much larger US counterparts.

Or if you're using a pseudo-MACO outfit based on the Mercenary outfit (which my ENT themed character has done for years, and will do until I feel like spending 1.7 mil Dil).

If you enjoyed playing STO in June, you should still be enjoying it now. Back then, only those that scrutinised leak sites knew the Kelvin stuff was inbound; I don't think it's coincidence that Cryptic's latest purge of leak sites was timed to prevent word of the TOS R&D promo being leaked.

If that's not the case - and the only reason is the waves of premium stuff over the past couple of months - then you need to examine why that virtual "stuff" is so important to you. That's a basic question of mental health. Cryptic have been *very* reasonable and there are any number of cheaper TOS / Kelvin style options out there for players on a smaller budget (of time or money).
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    staq16 wrote: »
    If you enjoyed playing STO in June, you should still be enjoying it now. Back then, only those that scrutinised leak sites knew the Kelvin stuff was inbound; I don't think it's coincidence that Cryptic's latest purge of leak sites was timed to prevent word of the TOS R&D promo being leaked.

Well seeing as the ship that was requested a lot and would have released in a naked cash grab, I expect it was to keep from getting eaten alive on the forums for a few weeks.