test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega ground gear Adapted unlock is bugged for Temporal Agents.

koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
edited August 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Crafting the MACO and Omega sets does NOT unlock the Adapted MACO ground set for TA characters who have unlocked the T5 X9 rep bonus. The associated accolades are uncomplete.

I think what's happening is that as far as the database is concerned, you have not made the armor for the Adapted unlock/accolade, as it is looking for a set of MKXII rare gear when you have created a set of MKXIII UR because of the unlock bonus.

This also may have repercussions for other characters on an account that get this MKXIII UR benefit and haven't already unlocked the Adapted set by 1st crafting the MACO 3-piece as MKXII rare - a waste of marks, dil and processors and defeating the purpose of this bonus.

Bit of a glaring oversight really :/
Post edited by koppster on

Comments

• welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    lol if this the case, oversight indeed.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What happens when you rush stuff out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • grandeombregrandeombre Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    spoilt my shopping splurge!

hopefully it'll be fixed asap...
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    No fix in yesterday's patch and after searching forums, this was reported way back on Tribble, so they've had ample opportunity to sort it out.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Also encountered this bug just now.
    koppster wrote: »
    I think what's happening is that as far as the database is concerned, you have not made the armor for the Adapted unlock/accolade, as it is looking for a set of MKXII rare gear when you have created a set of MKXIII UR because of the unlock bonus.

Yeah... thought the same thing. Tried Roxy at DS9 to see if trading gear might be a workaround but she also only accespts mk12 stuff. Considering it's been reported on tribble months ago it's a pretty sad state.
    I thought you had to buy the MACO set before the Adapted MACO was available to purchase. The Omega set, I believe, is also available at the same time as the MACO
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited August 2016
    Also, you do not craft Reputation equipment. You turn over a bunch of stuff after placing the order and someone takes the stuff off the racks in the backroom and gives it to you. No money-back guarantee, no returns. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    koppster wrote: »
    No fix in yesterday's patch and after searching forums, this was reported way back on Tribble, so they've had ample opportunity to sort it out.

This always puzzles me. Always. When something hits Tribble for testing bugs like these almost always hit the live servers unchecked and it will takes a significant amount of time if those are adressed, if ever. I'm rather "worried" that all those bugs, the broken animation and missing things will also 1:1 be included in the console version and all the console players checking STO out will be a little... disappointed.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    ltminns wrote: »
    I thought you had to buy the MACO set before the Adapted MACO was available to purchase. The Omega set, I believe, is also available at the same time as the MACO

See my op. I have bought both the Omega and MACO sets. No accolades, no Adapted MACO unlock.

Sorry. Have you run any Advanced Borg STFs? I finally ran Infected Space Advanced on my Temporal Recruit the other night and got a MACO Initiate Title. Don't know if there is any relationship there.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Done 'em all. Afaik, the stf accolades aren't linked to the Adapted unlock.
  • benpeters88benpeters88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'm coming across the same bug. It's a shame really as they are some of the best outfits in the game
  • sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    came across the bug with the 3472 counter-command armor, had the maco done before I got the rep bonus. However, it did let me get the accolade, and tailor unlock for the Dyson rep, am painstakingly, and slowly getting the ancient power cells to see if the Delta rep is bugged as well
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Having the same issue:

AoY toon this main account: I was impatient and got the MACO Mk XII ground set which unlocks the adapted MACO ground set and got that set as well cuz the best borg are dead borg. Then I finished all my reps and claimed the Mk XIII UR unlock. Silly really as I should have just waited for the MK XIII UR unlock.

AoY toon alt account: Finished all my reps and am going to do things right this time. Claimed the Mk XIII UR unlock, got the MACO and Omega Mk XIII UR ground sets. No luck on the aMACO ground set as you need the Mk XII MACO set to unlock it per the wording in the rep projects for the aMACO ground set. /facepalm

Hopefully there's a fix or workaround for this as it's one of my favourite ground sets and it may affect some of my other toons who haven't got the Mk XII VR MACO set as well.

Resolved an issue with accolades not rewarding properly for various Borg and Undine Reputation set rewards.

Was hoping that todays patch resolved the problem for AoY toons, however, it's still borked!
    Issue resolved on my borg rep ground sets on AoY toon (details above). Adapted MACO Mk XIII UR now available after getting MACO Mk XIII UR. Upon starting game up after patch related gear accolades were removed then replaced with updated versions.

Thank you bug fixing peoples.
    No updated Omega or MACO gear accolades on my AoY toon. Infact, still no accolades at all in regards to Task Force Omega ground gear, even though I have owned & used both sets at MK XIII UR for nearly 3 weeks!
    No updated Omega or MACO gear accolades on my AoY toon. Infact, still no accolades at all in regards to Task Force Omega ground gear, even though I have owned & used both sets at MK XIII UR for nearly 3 weeks!

With respect to the Omega rep ground gear the term accolade and unlock are the same for the purpose of gear procurement. If you own the MACO ground set is the adapted MACO ground set available to you in the rep gear projects? If yes, all is good, if not, something is still not right.

The unlock of the aMACO ground gear set on one of my AoY toons was the only issue for me.

Any further accolades from completing borg ground queues with optionals or even completing Mk X gear sets is a whole different ball of wax. Some of these need fixing as well.

What isn't working for you?
    edited September 2016
    The unlock of the aMACO ground gear set on one of my AoY toons was the only issue for me.

Same here.

Here's a brief recap of what has happened with my AoY toon and the Task Force Omega ground gear sets.

I decided to wait till my AoY toon had reached Tier 5 in all 9 reputations and thus take advantage of the Temporal Agent: All Reputations Tier 5 reward before going on a shopping spree and picking up some sweet MK XIII UR gear (space and ground).

I picked up both the 3 piece MACO ground set and the Omega ground set (MK XIII UR), which should have unlocked access to the aMACO ground set, as well as futher Costume Style unlocks (at least the projects Costume Unlock: MACO Style 2 & Costume Unlock: OMEGA Style 2)... however, all these projects are missing from the Contribute tab.

I compared my AoY toons accolades with that of another alt I have on my account, and it's missing the ST - MACO accolades: MACO Commando (75) and STF - SOTO (Omega Force): Omega Force Operative (75), both of which relate to owning all 3 pieces of the ground gear! Very odd!

Seeing that the most recent patch corrected problems related to the Borg rep ground sets, I'm wondering if buying the MACO Body Armor again may trigger the unlock of the aMACO set.

Hope this clarifies the situation
  • austinfan4lifeaustinfan4life Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Aren't the adapted versions unlocked by completely STFs so many times, if I recall correctly?
    edited September 2016
    Aren't the adapted versions unlocked by completely STFs so many times, if I recall correctly?

I don't believe this requirement exists anymore.

Good news is that the accolades on my AoY toon have finally unlocked. The solution ended up being changing ground maps/instances a couple of times whilst wearing the 3 pieces of the MACO and Omega sets. I now have access to the aMACO ground set and Costume unlocks - Happy shopper!

Post edited by grandeombre on
  • sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    This isn't limited to MACO or Omega, or even Temporal Agent Recruits - I finally got the Counter-Command set on one of my Delta Recruits (if you can believe that) but I didn't get the outfit - and I know that the same goes for Dyson as well - I can only assume the Honor Guard unlock is broken too. I really, really want these costumes, and I'd like some assurance that a fix is at least being looked into or weather Cryptic is even aware of it - or, as I'm hearing there are at least some who are not having this issue, weather Cryptic feels it is a big enough issue to even acknowledge. I hate feeling overlooked, and this game gives me that particular sinking feeling all too often.

I'm considering dumping some unused toons or possible adding slots, and as is stands now, I plan not to unlock the MK XIII UR gear on them until I either get the costumes or know that a fix is at least in the works.

Also, the "Type 2" unlocks - "MACO Operational," "Omega Harvester," and whatever the KHG one was called - have all been broken since season nine, so it'd be nice if they'd fix those, to while they're at it. If they're at it at all.

Ugh....
    Post edited by sylkrode on