test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing trying to login to tribble (Solved - stop forcing DX9 and it'll work)

kiltedonekiltedone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Tribble - Bug Reports
After the patch today (1 Sep), everytime I try to login, after clicking on the Engage button, the game crashes and I get the Cryptic error window popup. CrypticError PID:1932 ETID:0 shows in the error log box.

Is it because tribble patched before holodeck? Weird.

Done verify several times to no avail, the same error crashes me out of the game, but holodeck works just fine.

Stopped using " -d3d11enable 0 -d3d9 " in the launcher and it opened up as usual.
Post edited by kiltedone on

Comments

• tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    it is working fine here.

Server is down anyways, also new patch, 7GB
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Wish we could have some idea of how long the server will be down.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    With the Major update. I recommend doing a Force Verify.

Also with what looks like the first real additions from the lighting pass, I wouldn't be surprised if we see issues with graphics drivers
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    mike03uc wrote: »

Current estimate is until tomorrow morning. This may change.
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    mike03uc wrote: »

Current estimate is until tomorrow morning. This may change.

That's disappointing, but thank you for the update.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    You are not alone.

I am getting the same problem. I patched tribble today (2nd September). I get the launcher to load the tribble version of the game. I get to the cryptic loading splash screen and the game crashes when the loading bar makes it about 90%-100% of the way across.

Bug reports for some reason fail and then try to delete the minidump so I cant upload the crash data.

If you havent already and if you can I would suggest uploading the crash data to help the devs out.

Edit1: I have also tried several force verifys
    Edit2: I have a dx11 compatible card - GTX1080
    Post edited by smoketh2 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I also am getting a crash when loading the game, it is complaining about a missing texture and at least 1 pass with force verify. I think Ill delelte and recopy tribble next

EDIT: and this is the popup https://www.flickr.com/photos/27616725@N05/29376674686/in/dateposted-public/
    Post edited by castsbugc on
  • raklau1971raklau1971 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Tribble is nearly unplayable for me right now. I have a Tac stuck on K7 ground and the game crashes every time I attempt to leave the transporter room or just look in to the next room. My engineer is stuck on Gasko ground and he also crashes just trying to look around the transporter room.

The error I get is "Fatal Error: Direct 3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while Presenting. Reson: 0x887a0006 (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

I have upgraded my GFX drivers and adjusted all settings to medium or high on the in game GFX settings and it hasn't made any difference. The only thing I haven't done yet is update DX? I'm already running DX11so I'm not sure if I need to or not.
  • kiltedonekiltedone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Seems that I have fixed my own issue. The new Tribble does not like to be forced into DX9 mode. I was using " -d3d11enable 0 -d3d9", and I deleted it to see what would happen - I was in! ESD does look a bit washed out right now.

Hope that helps anyone wanting on tribble that are having the same issue and hope it helps the devs.
  • samargathasamargatha Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Same here. I patched (big) today. After ENGAGE it crashes, and i don't even get any message. The bug report doesn't pop up. I doubt I can update any driver as I'm with XP. Oh, and I'm not forcing anything, but I think my comp can't use anything beyond DX9 (maybe DX10)
  • macair99macair99 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    null
    Same to me
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    yeah removing the switch didnt fix it for me, so far on a nvidia quadro 880m I have:
    started in safe mode: crash at cryptic splash screen
    removed any command line switches: crash at cryptic splash screen
    deleted all the hogg files and redownloaded: crash at cryptic splash screen
    changed client settings on holodeck to auto in case that carries over: crash at cryptic splash screen
    right now I am effectively locked out of tribble and if this goes live, I will be locked out of holodeck as well

EDIT: having actually found the patchnotes from the other day, I am at least glad to see that this will not be the case on holo (I hope)
    edited September 2016
    Yeah me too..i have a lot of stuff on tribble and now i'm locked out....there must be something to do
    Just to try, I tried safe mode, with no change. Crash when Engage. As I said, I'm no using command line switches.
    Later I tried with my linux copy of tribble. Same result, crash when Engage. At least, there I get the Crash Report window. With Windows It doesn't pop.
    More tests. Win XP i tried Force Verify. Nothing. Wine I tried to change some DX10 settings. Nothing. Tribble crashes. Holodeck works. In both. So, no, it's NOT SOLVED.
    I looked for a solution on internet....but nothing....i'm hoping for a solution.....