test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Worth it to sell boxes on Exchange?

beldair#6049 beldair Member Posts: 31 Arc User
I have a ton of Lock Boxes...is it worth it to try to sell them on the Exchange, or should I continue to hord them in my bank?

Comments

• Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    depends.
    do you want to make more toons.
    do you want them to have the rare ships.
    do you just want to get rid of them (need EC), you wont get much.
    to make room. ya go for it.
    there are I think twice yearly events where you can get older lock boxers.
    I personally keep them all just in case. I want to make a new toon. but they do take up bank slots.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I did the same, just kept them. In hopes to open them in the future. After what they did on the Connie, I threw them all out. I'm done playing with lottery boxes. And I will continue to throw them out as I get them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    null
    Let's just say I have over 100 Kelvin lock boxes XD
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Kelvin lock boxes? I would just dump them. I had one in my inventory the other day so I decided to check the price on the Exchange. There were a lot of them selling for 500 EC or less individually. At best, they are worth 50k EC.

Infinity Lock Boxes are the ones to horde. They sell around 50k - 55k individually. Of course when they are made available again, the Echange price will drop. At that point you pick up some from the Exchange if you want (I would not), or simply grab it every time it drops in a mission.
  • Options
    null
    I have Kelvin, Year of Hell, Nakhul, and Xindi lock boxes
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    All worthless except for Na'kuhl. And the Na'kuhl is only technically not worthless.

Oooh, just checked the exchange, the Na'kuhl lockbox is definitely worthless.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Just check prices on the Exchange. For me, I would not bother listing them unless they are each worth at least a few thousand EC. Then again, it depends on how "desperately" you need EC.

• Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    If you are trading things on the exchange in the range of less than 100 ec per transaction then go ahead.

Toss otherwise, they are inventory/bank space eaters.

With the introduction of Infinity Lock Boxes, the others are essentially worthless.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I had a good many of the infinity boxes. They went out the air lock. That is what those boxes are good for.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There's definitely no point in "hoarding" them anymore. The infbox pretty much destroyed the old box market.

Unless you're planning on opening them yourself when you get keys, sell them or discard them.
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    I keep around 20 boxes of each. Even in the case of some of the older lockboxes, they have lesser rewards that the Infinity box doesn't duplicate. Over 20 and I throw them away because they're taking up too many slots.

Since the old boxes presumably will not ever drop anymore, there might even be a market for them down the road if you decide it's not worth your while to open one.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I threw em out/sold em and stocked up on like 60 infinity boxes.... my inventory is much nicer now
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    I keep around 20 boxes of each. Even in the case of some of the older lockboxes, they have lesser rewards that the Infinity box doesn't duplicate. Over 20 and I throw them away because they're taking up too many slots.

Since the old boxes presumably will not ever drop anymore, there might even be a market for them down the road if you decide it's not worth your while to open one.

Only the Year of Hell and Tal Shiar boxes have worthwhile content that isn't in the infbox (according to the wiki). Both of them one item. This is most likely unintentional and may be fixed as the box is updated.

Other than that, there is little market for old boxes since the reward will always be equal or less than an infbox.

Unless you're predicting people wanting the boxes themselves as collector's items? That could happen I suppose. Depends on how quickly the supply diminishes.