test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Site Wide Maintenance [August 30th, 2016]

Greetings Captains!
We’re having a site-wide maintenance tomorrow, Tuesday, August 30th. Please be advised that Holodeck will be down beginning at 6 AM PT. An estimated downtime is 5 hours. There are no patch notes for this maintenance. We will keep you updated.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!

Comments

• velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Five hours! Wow! I hope that fixes all the recent disconnect and lag issues people have been having.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    A lot of the badguys I shoot stay standing. Hope it fixes that. Not that I have anything against the undead.
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    so 52 seconds Server Not Responding after that for a fleetbase visit. Every Time you tune your Servers 10 seconds are added.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Tomorrow might be a good excuse to start that Dragon Age playthrough
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
      Hey, curious, is STO on it's own dedicated server now or will that happen in the fall with the consoles?
    • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
      hawku001x wrote: »
      A lot of the badguys I shoot stay standing. Hope it fixes that. Not that I have anything against the undead.

There are no patch notes, meaning no fixes to problems that us players may be able to perceive. There's undoubtedly something technical going on but we don't need to worry beyond the fact that it requires downtime.
      Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
      They're just replacing their internet fluid to make the tubes go faster.​​
      ExtxpTp.jpg
    • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
      iconians wrote: »

We like faster. We look for things that make us go. XD
      1xe027q.png
    • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User

Wait, to make the tubes go faster? I'm no plumber, but don't they typically stay in place? If they're moving, is the STO server arranged as an elaborate spinning contraption or are the tubes projectiles of some kind?
      Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      5 hours of downtime on the day WoW launches Legion ... this is either brilliant (anticipating low player numbers) or incredibly poor planning (giving more players a reason to try a competitors game), i cant decide which TBH.
      Post edited by evilmark444 on
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Tomorrow might be a good excuse to start that Dragon Age playthrough
      Are you sure it'll take all of 5 hours for that though? :p
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
      They're just replacing their internet fluid to make the tubes go faster.

Wait, to make the tubes go faster? I'm no plumber, but don't they typically stay in place? If they're moving, is the STO server arranged as an elaborate spinning contraption or are the tubes projectiles of some kind?

Study it out.​​
      ExtxpTp.jpg
    • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      *Back-end stuff to get ready for Graphical-type and other updates for Consoles.
      *Hopefully working out the kinks with Client hailing Server, come in Server!
    • vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
      Maybe they're going to kill Agents of Yesterday and roll us back to a less buggy version of the game where Intrepid class nacelles animate properly and the area map auto travel actually works again...rather than all of it getting progressively worse.

:s

I live in hope...
    • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
      Funniest thing for me last night was playing Midnight on my AOY. At the end of the climactic battle on Iconia, T'ket picks up the other injured Iconian and carries them to the portal... but the injured Iconian was standing upright while in T'Ket's arms. :)
    • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
      Oh, that and the fact there was a named Galor class over Earth aiding in the defence before Sela arrived with the Dominion fleet. I'm guessing that was unintentional but I thought it was kind of cool.
    • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
      5 hours of downtime on the day WoW launches Legion ... this is either brilliant (anticipating low player numbers) or incredibly poor planning (giving more players a reason to try a competitors game), i cant decide which TBH.

It's WoW. It'a recycled stroyline, a basic continuation of TBC reboot. The fact that people still play wow is rather amazing,
      Mm5NeXy.gif
    • azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
      Brilliant! Maintenance that will fix nothing but keep European players from being able to play and it adds another day of no play for the Mirror invasion event making it exactly one day less than I need to complete the event considering the shifts I have this month. How about you make these events four week deals or cut down 20h cooldown to 12h so people who work can actually have a chance of finishing these things?

I know how you Feel I am still rocking on my main 2 Crystal events, 2 Summer events and 1 mirror event all unfinished cause there's just not enough time and that's just my main toon, if I included all my alts I have 6 crystal events, 2 summer events and 9 mirror events I am behind on including the current event that's on now and since half of them are like 2 per alt so 2 mirror event on one guy they really need to extend the time period to double the numbers for people that are behind on these...
      OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
    • yolduryoldur Member Posts: 46 Arc User
      Seriously? Instead of fixing the boatload of bugs with Agents of Yesterday that have been ignored patch after patch they bring back an overly lengthy, leecher-ridden event with bugs that are also being ignored (such as power substations saying something like "turret offline, repair to enable") and now they bring the game down for a five-hour maintenance that also won't fix a thing bugwise?
      Are they deliberatly trying to annoy the hell out of us?
    • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
      Is this maintenance in place off Thursday's or in addition to ?
      tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
      Funniest thing for me last night was playing Midnight on my AOY. At the end of the climactic battle on Iconia, T'ket picks up the other injured Iconian and carries them to the portal... but the injured Iconian was standing upright while in T'Ket's arms. :)

I saw that ! It looked like something outa Cirque du Soleil! lol

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
      Maintenance is always welcome. Hopefully this does fix more problems than it introduces.
      Y945Yzx.jpg
      Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
      · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
      «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
      ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    • scotsladscotslad Member Posts: 28 Arc User
      Is it just me or are there more and more of these scheduled maintenance events? 5 hours?? more like 6-8 hours is the usual and then we will have the standard scheduled maintenance on Thursday as well, why not do what is needed in one day and as someone stated above, with the release of the new Warcraft legion which will cause a lot of previous wow players to return due to Burning Legion being revisited. Bad timing cryptic, bad timing.
      I am not a complete idiot, just part of me is missing! I have Aspergers (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), I stick to the rules, if I see a glitch, I report it, if I see abuse I report it. This is me, this is how I am and cannot deviate from it to keep others happy. My characters Scott@tallon2k , Dillel@tallon2k ,Selu@tallon2k
      My personal site scotslad.webs.com
    • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
      hawku001x wrote: »

I'm more concerned what those bad guys are doing while we can't stop them with the servers down :o

I feel sorry for all those captured Romulan ships in the Azure Nebula, the countless Andorias and Gornars that will be destroyed in our absence.

Though, for the rest of the Milky way, I guess it's a good thing we're not there for a while :p
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
      Is this maintenance in place off Thursday's or in addition to ?

A good guess would be it's in addition to Thursday's maintenance.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
      Well, back to Oblivion since I can't get into STO till after kid pickup from school.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
      Oh well, this one day I won't be able to do the event.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
      Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
      What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
      3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• xnick79xxnick79x Member Posts: 5 Arc User

LOl see this too, is just one of the most hilarous bug I've ever see on this game
    This discussion has been closed.