test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Kamarag vs Fleet K'tinga

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
With only three tactical console slots, why would anyone fly the Kamarag over the K'tinga? The K'tinga has more hitting power.
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Isn't Kamarag more Sci BOFF seats? I think that is why I was enjoying that Anniversary one...that and the turn rate was easier for me to deal with.

I don't spend money in the game so I don't look at fleet ships, at all.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Isn't Kamarag more Sci BOFF seats? I think that is why I was enjoying that Anniversary one...that and the turn rate was easier for me to deal with.

I don't spend money in the game so I don't look at fleet ships, at all.

Yes, I believe the Kamarag has more science "seats"...specifically one more...and it has a universal seat which, obviously, can be used for anything. It just seems a wee bit underpowered to me...especially considering that it's the descendant of the K'tinga. This would be a no-brainer if it had the fourth tactical console, but as it is...it's limited to only three tactical consoles. This ship layout with a fourth tactical console would make a great T6 K'tinga.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    My KDF Sci flies a FT-5U Kamarag. The loadout is over in the Protonic Kool-Aid thread. Got an invite to the DPS channels with this ship. So thinking it needs more of a specific type of gear may not be correct. What it does need is the same thing all the ships in the game need - A competent captain. One who understands what it can and cannot do and uses it accordingly. Instead of trying to make it into yet another pew-pew ship.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    The Kamarag can use Gravity Well I. That and anything else that can go into a Lt. Com. science slot.

That makes it stand out, if you are playing a character with gravity well as a part of your build, there is absolutely no reason to choose the K'tinga over the Kamarag.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • tairisdeamhantairisdeamhan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I don't think the Kamarag is the next step from the K'Tinga, I think its more like a hybrid of the K'Tinga and the Vorcha
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Kamarang for my science toon and they are correct that extra science ability is the reason why.
    ktinga for my engineer and torkaht for my tact toons, i wont fly alien ship designs . but i do use a kor with my science and tact toons from time to time.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

icsairguns wrote: »
    Kamarang for my science toon and they are correct that extra science ability is the reason why.
    ktinga for my engineer and torkaht for my tact toons, i wont fly alien ship designs . but i do use a kor with my science and tact toons from time to time.

Yeah, I don't fly anything but Klingon designs on my Klingon character either. Fleet T5-U Tor'khat is a great ship!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    The Kamarag is an agile, sci-heavy cruiser. That gives it a niche even in the current KDF endgame lineout, where the only other such contender is the hugely rare Temporal D7.

By contrast, the Fleet K't'inga is competing against the T6 Kurak and Negh'tev, or the T5U Tor'kaht, all of which are better battlecruisers; the Fleet K't'inga's only real selling point is its iconic look (which is admittedly a massive advantage!).
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    staq16 wrote: »
    The Kamarag is an agile, sci-heavy cruiser. That gives it a niche even in the current KDF endgame lineout, where the only other such contender is the hugely rare Temporal D7.

By contrast, the Fleet K't'inga is competing against the T6 Kurak and Negh'tev, or the T5U Tor'kaht, all of which are better battlecruisers; the Fleet K't'inga's only real selling point is its iconic look (which is admittedly a massive advantage!).

I guess I need to try the Kamarag. thanks to all who gave opinions here.

Qapla!
    They really need to remake this ship into a true T6 science vessel complete with Secondary Deflector Array. Hopefully when they do that, they will beef up the hull to match the thicker neck so that it doesn't look like a tri-boomerang.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I like this idea, goodscotch.

Never really enjoyed playing with the carriers ("Our" science ships, for the most part). Too much for me to keep an eye on.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I like this idea, goodscotch.

Never really enjoyed playing with the carriers ("Our" science ships, for the most part). Too much for me to keep an eye on.

Klingon minds think alike! :)

D7
    K'tinga
    Koro'tinga
    Vor'cha
    Kamarag
    Vor'kang

All have a similar superstructure that's distinctly Klingon in design. main hull with warp nacelles attached to short "wing" struts and an elongated neck at the end of which is the command structure/bridge. On top of the hull is what the game terms a "mission pod". Even the bigger Klingon ships are similar. But in all of the designs, with the exception of the Kamarag, the main hull is broader than its extensions. The Kamarag looks like it's missing a hull and is simply a connection of the three extensions on. At the center of the connections rests the mission pod. Needs a beefier hull.

klingon-bridge.jpg

• aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Yep, a T6 "refit" would make a nice science ship. And it would make sense from a Klingon perspective. I doubt the empire would allocate resources to develop and built a science ship class. But an old cruiser with plentyful real estate for science equipment ? Good enough to fill this role.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
    Imagine a K'tinga with the neck and command section of a Kamarag! of course, everything scaled to fit. The forked command section of the K'Maj variant. Maybe with the nacelles of a Vor'cha too! I want that ship!
    klingon-bridge.jpg