test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zone chat

hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
I don't know what I did. I realize the Zone channel has fallen out of favor due to the influx of gold spammers, but I cannot believe this is the reason why I see absolutely no zone chat posts at all, on any of my characters. This leads me to suspect that I have done something to my chat settings, but I still see my own Zone posts, and I can't find anything obvious in the chat options.

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    I wish I knew what you did so I can copy it. Zone chat is horrible and you are better off without it.

That said, if you want it back, try making a new chat tab. If that doesn't work yet making a new character and see if their chat works. If it does, get their ui exactly the way you want it and save it. Go back to your original character and load it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Try right clicking on your chat tab. That should bring up the chat options, you might have Zone unchecked?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    It also depends on where you're standing, for instance if you are on K7, Ganalda, or even Delta Quadrant Command you can go all day without seeing anyone speak in [Zone].
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Best left off, if it isn't politics and religion at ESD, it's Gorn jokes at ds9
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
      I've tried all suggestions, and it still doesn't work. I can see my own zone chat posts, but that's all. Driving me nuts.
    • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
      force update your relevant settings (even if looks right) on O -> Team Settings -> Privacy.
      This may open you to spammers though.
    • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
      edited August 2016
      Sorry, accidentally posted in the topic you linked to instead of here. Either way I hope your issue will be solved, and please update in either topic or both if the command works for it may help others :)
      Interesting. I'll try these later this evening.
      valoreah wrote: »
      Using the chat commands seems to have cleared the issue for me.

/whitelist_chat 1
      /whitelist_chat 0

Eureka! The hat goes on the head!

(this worked. thank you. :) )
    • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
      huzzah. glad to hear you got fixed.