test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If Trying To Get Ship From R&D Packs Does It Matter What Level The Character Is ???

lordfunk#0690 lordfunk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I'm Curious about the R&D Packs. Does it matter what level my character that buys them are if trying to get the limioted time ships ??? If the character is not Admiral can he/she still get the T6 23rd Century Constitution if Federation or 23rd Century T7 Battle Cruiser if Klingon is the chance the same no matter what level my character is when open the R&D Packs ???

Also when open R&D are the ships (if I acctually get any) character bound or will all characters on my account have access as long as they are the same faction ???

Best Answer

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    You can buy and open packs at any level.

Should you win the ship, you will not be able to unpack the box to claim the ship until you reach the appropriate level, in this case, level 40. You will be able to store the box or trade/sell it, but you can't open it to claim the ship.

All Lock Box/R&D Pack/Lobi ships are bound to the character that opens the box. Opening the box does not grant an account wide unlock and if that captain ever dismisses that ship, it's lost forever and cannot be re-claimed. You'll have to decide for sure before you open the box who you want to have the ship. Once opened, there is no way to reverse the decision.

Best of luck to you. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.

Answers

• lordfunk#0690 lordfunk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thank You For Your Reply !!! :)

And of course I meant Klingon D7, not T7 but I can't seem to edit my Question.

I have tried to open like around 30 now and not a single drop, so I guess that's it for this lottery for me. Never been a fan of lotteries irl either. I don't lottery tickets irl at all anymore. I rather work my way towards item and pay to know what I get than chacen on something I'm not even sure I'll ever get. Oh well I gave it a shot but that was an expensive experiment as lotteries always have been for me. So far I have never won in my life. That is why I stopped with lotteries years ago irl. I just end up paying for nothing.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    Yes, if you want the ship and are willing to spend $150, the "one weird trick" that's "taking the forums by storm" and works 100% of the time is:

DO NOT OPEN THE PACKS! SELL THEM ON THE EXCHANGE!!!!

Then buy the ship from the exchange when the price drops below 750 million, or spend more to buy it now through the trade channels.