test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iconian reputation

kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
How do you start the Iconian Reputation system? My character is level fifty two, and can now go to the Delta quadrant. I know there's PVE's, but isn't there a battle/adventure zone somewhere? I thought it was on Kobali, but when I go there, I just keep bumping into the planet. I've done other reputation systems with other characters, but I wanted this one to work on Iconian. Please help.

Comments

• raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    It should be unlocked once you reached level 50 (Vice Admiral rank). Bring up the window where you go to do your duty officer missions then click on the reputation tab. Iconian Resistance should be in the list.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yes, there is an adventure zone on Kobali where you can get either Delta or Iconian Marks. However, you must unlock it by playing through the story missions. It is part of the Kobali Front story missions which has 3 acts in it.

Completing "Breaking The Wall" in the 3rd act will unlock "At The Gates" where you can get the reputation marks. Completing "With Our Last Breathe" in the 3rd act will unlock "The Last Stand" which will also reward rep marks.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Na'kuhl red alerts give Iconian marks, and some queues with "choice of marks"

If this is a Temporal Recruit you can use the probe rewards for Iconian marks.
    I think I only played the Na'kuhl Red Alerts once or twice. I don't really play them because they do not reward reputation elite marks only the regular rep marks.
  • delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    The only thing that bites is you got to do the Advanced cues to get the datacores. I plan on putting the Icoanian sets on my connie
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    You can get data cores in both the daily and hourly boxes from the rep projects. You can get two per day on kobali prime. And there is a project to convert 100 marks into a datacore with a 20hr cooldown.

Advanced queues are the "best" source, not the only source.
  • delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    The hourly projects give data cores? You sure about that?
    Positive. They are much rarer than the daily however. And I'm not sure if it is possible at all tiers.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Yes, there is an adventure zone on Kobali where you can get either Delta or Iconian Marks. However, you must unlock it by playing through the story missions. It is part of the Kobali Front story missions which has 3 acts in it.

Completing "Breaking The Wall" in the 3rd act will unlock "At The Gates" where you can get the reputation marks. Completing "With Our Last Breathe" in the 3rd act will unlock "The Last Stand" which will also reward rep marks.
    Thanks for your response, but, I can't find these missions. I don't even see them greyed out anywhere. Where do I look to find them?
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User

Thanks for your response, but, I can't find these missions. I don't even see them greyed out anywhere. Where do I look to find them?

They're on Kobali Prime in the Delta Quadrant. You won't gain access to the planet until after accepting the mission "The Kobali Front" in the Delta story arc. And the specific missions mentioned are at the end of the subplot on the planet. The first time you play through the story, you'll get missions from various Kobali characters (mostly General Q'Nel in their capital city) as you run around the area. To replay a mission, you'll have to use a console near Q'nel's headquarters.

Alternatively, the Mirror Invasion event starts after maintenance tomorrow and should give out every type of mark as a reward.
    delliboy wrote: »
    The hourly projects give data cores? You sure about that?

All of the rep boxes you receive from doing the 1 hour / 20 hour projects has a small chance of giving you an elite mark for that specific rep.
    The odds are very low though -- you're better off using the 100 marks to 1 elite mark daily project.
    The two missions I mentioned in the 3rd act of the Kobali Front mini story arc rewards elite marks (Ancient Power Cell / Iconian Probe Datacore), so it's not really necessary to convert 100 marks into 1 elite mark.
    3/day is faster than 2/day if one has the marks, but not elite marks.
    The two missions I mentioned in the 3rd act of the Kobali Front mini story arc rewards elite marks (Ancient Power Cell / Iconian Probe Datacore), so it's not really necessary to convert 100 marks into 1 elite mark.

True, if you don't mind waiting. It takes 10 days to get enough for the 4-piece space set. But I was replying to this:
    All of the rep boxes you receive from doing the 1 hour / 20 hour projects has a small chance of giving you an elite mark for that specific rep.

In leveling rep for a bunch of alts I've gotten 1-2 elite marks per 20 daily boxes. With those odds you'd need at least 10 hourly boxes = 150 marks to get 1 elite. Compared to that, 100 marks for 1 elite is a better deal.
    However, doesn't the Normal Mark to Elite Mark conversion project have a 20 hour cooldown? If so, then that basically means you need to wait 20 days to get enough Datacores to purchase the 4-piece Iconian space set. Running "At the Gates" and "The Last Stand" on a daily basis will cut that down to 10 days. Doing the conversion project on top of the two daily missions, cuts down the time to 7 days.
    Right, I'm doing the Kobali dailies myself right now with my TOS captain. They are the best choice if you don't mind ground combat, and only take around 20 minutes for both including beamdown, getting the 2 missions from the replay console in zombietown, then taking the transporter and doing them.

Go to replay console > story Arc III > next-to-last 2 missions (not "Last Chance for Peace" that just rewards expertise).

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    Honestly, Brotherhood of the Sword (Elite) is a perfectly reasonable source if you have a solid Ground setup. We'd need to know your Profession to be able to make suggestions on that end, and if you're an Engineer your faction will determine your Orbital Strike/Devastation's damage type. Overall, though, picking some decent gear and logical Kit Modules can make most Ground content accessible.

The Optionals are Mandatory at Elite, but the simple method of accomplishing them in BOTSE is: Don't randomly whack F by the Iconian Devices. Let your teammates that have been in the queue before handle that part, and they'll pretty much teach by example how to do the rest.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited August 2016
    For me the best choice for getting the Iconian Datacores for all my captains including my Temporal Agent is Brotherhood of the Sword Elite (BotSE). The mission rewards 2 Iconian Datacores and Salvage, plus it can generally be completed within 10 minutes. The only problem is that if there are Newbies on your team, then that mission has a very high chance to fail because they do not know how to handle the mission properly.

Overall, the mission is easy as long as players do not TRIBBLE up. And by TRIBBLE up I mean players who ignore the secondary mission objective (which are mandatory in elite) and simply focuses on the primary objective by activating the Iconian Device. Activating the device first greatly increases the probably of mission failure because that initiates more enemies to appear on the map. That greatly lowers the chances of rescuing friendly NPCs so that they can escape the map because they simply get killed by enemies or instead of escaping they decide to fight and that is a guaranteed failure.

In any case, since if you are truly dedicated and know how to play Elite missions, then you can get all 20 Iconian Datacores for the 4 piece space in one day. Just successfully complete BotSE 10 times and factor in the 30 minute cooldown (on a success or failure) in between attempts.

Naturally, having good gear is highly recommended since the Herald Thralls hits very fast and very hard. I basically use Mk XIV gear for most of my captains, but a few only has Mk XII gear. I always make sure I am well stocked with Large Hypos and Large Shield Chargers. With the exception of my Klingon Captains I also use a Tribble (ric) which gives +1.5% Damage and +1.5% Damage Resistance for 3600 seconds (1 hour). Tribbles do not like Klingons so they will not receive the buff.

There's also Brotherhood of the Sword Advanced which is much more forgiving than Elite since skipping the secondary objects is not an automatic failure. You only get 1 Iconian Datacore and no Salvage. But at least it can be repeated every 30 minutes. Getting 20 Iconian Datacores in 1 day is still possible, but you are looking at playing for more than 10 hours.

LOL!!!!!

Apparently "s c r e w" is a censored word.
  • adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Not what he meant are you sure you read what he typed in
    adrianasrx wrote: »
    Not what he meant are you sure you read what he typed in

Yep.

He went to Kobali Prime looking to for a way to get Iconian marks. But when the got there he did not have an option to enter Kobali Prime. That's because he need to play through the story missions in the Delta Rising story arc to unlock The Kobali Front mission which in itself is made of of many missions split into 3 acts.Completing "Breaking The Wall" and "The Last Stand" missions in the 3rd act will unlock the daily missions that will award Delta / Iconian marks.

Are you sure you understand what the OP is even asking about?