test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

""Logically, it is Best that Prize Ships are RNG (T6-TOS EDITION!)""

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    @repetitiveepic I heard of people spending close to a thousand dollars for a bug ship a few years ago.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Butts died for your sins, so this ship is an affront to Him!
  • walterbishop1walterbishop1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User

I had great misgivings about a t6 TOS connie being added to the game. The regular t6 connie from the latest movies is fine because it's from an alternate timeline so its plausible.

However, having a TOS connie be part of the contemporary setting in STO just didn't make sense, especially not if they were all around.

Running this as a promo, which will keep them quite uncommon, solves that issue to my satisfaction. It's a wise solution to a difficult issue, and I applaud the developers for it.

Really? I thought the fact that they chose now to release it would satisfy your problems with having a TOS Connie as part of 2410. Clearly operating one fits our newfound occupation of temporal agent, and considering the expansion theme it now makes perfect sense to include it in STO. I'm surprised you didn't bring this up, seeing as you've put much thought into this.
  • evilurnaevilurna Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Wow. I never thought of it this way. Cryptic knocks it out of the park again. This brings a lot better balance to the game. It is not fair for newer players that would not be able to afford to pay 25k zen for this ship.

Gambleing for it it levels the playing field for everyone. I dont know what changes Cryptic has made in management this summer but it has been nothing by amazing. Thank you Cryptic and Trendy for makeing this game great again.
  • blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    If this ship is from the 23rd century, would it technically be over 200 years old? What's the going rate for vintage ships and when can we put custom dog fighting skins on them?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Welcome to all our new Forum members!!! All these fresh new posters with less than 10 posts that have come out in support of the R&D Pack Promotion.

Nothing suspicious about that at all. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • heartburzumheartburzum Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I've been a supporter of lotto ships from the first bug ship packs. This is a great way to limit popular immersion breaking ships while still giving people who want to put in some hard work the ability to get them.
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    -Supporter of Cryptic Lockboxes!
  • evilurnaevilurna Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Welcome to all our new Forum members!!! All these fresh new posters with less than 10 posts that have come out in support of the R&D Pack Promotion.

Nothing suspicious about that at all. ;)

Are you implying I work for Cryptic the record?

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Please be civil...

What did you expect? You keep poking the tiger in the cage.

Back in May you laughed at the community because no T6 connie was announced http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1215012/ha-no-t6-connie

Now you're laughing at the community because it's in a limited time promotional RNG ****.

"HAHAHA look at all the pubbies raging because they can't have a crappy T6 connie ha.....ha.....HA"

Again, go **** yourself.

I had great misgivings about a t6 TOS connie being added to the game. The regular t6 connie from the latest movies is fine because it's from an alternate timeline so its plausible.

However, having a TOS connie be part of the contemporary setting in STO just didn't make sense, especially not if they were all around.

Running this as a promo, which will keep them quite uncommon, solves that issue to my satisfaction. It's a wise solution to a difficult issue, and I applaud the developers for it.

Because the only thing that matters is your satisfaction. TRIBBLE all the people who want something different, right?

That's your mindset. Whatever Cryptic does, you're happy with it. TRIBBLE all the people who disagree, because what you want is all that matters.

@nabreeki

Is the thred going good yet? I know how you guy slike this sort of stuff. Amn I putting in too much effort, or not enough?

Thanks to Craptic, and the usual bullsit that follows, I'm out of captain morgans.

i hop you guys are on the floor trying not to let yer gust burts out of your sides.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Hmmm... just thinking here about a possible 50th Anniversary ship... a possible 26th Century version of the Connie?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »

Thanks to Craptic, and the usual bullsit that follows, I'm out of captain morgans.

i hop you guys are on the floor trying not to let yer gust burts out of your sides.

If a Star Trek video game and affiliated forums are driving you to drink, I think that's a very strong sign that you should probably take a break from both.

From the video game and affiliated forums?

Or from both and drinking?

Because the forums are a lot more fun after I've been drinking.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    It may be good for business that specialty items are given out by the RNG at a specified percentage level, but for those players who spend thousands of dollars and receiving nothing, this because a major issue. At some point, Cryptic/PWE will have to come up with a better way for players who spend that amount of money to obtain these special ships, or these players will cease spending money on the game and leave. There really needs to be a monetary threshold that a player can meet for the ship to be dropped after X amount of attempts. Most likely it would be high, but it needs to exists so that these players who spend that amount of money are compensated.

Did you actually just use the phrase: "...for those players who spend thousands of dollars and receiving nothing..."(SIC)

Really?

You received whatever it is that you paid those "thousands of dollars" for. There's nothing that ever stated - implicitly or explicitly - that you were entitled to anything beyond that purchase, so you are not entitled to anything, so people should stop expecting it or asking for anything more.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I have often disagreed in the past about the choices the developers have made concerning this thing or that thing.

But I don't work there, and at the end of the day its not the end of the world.

Look, I understand that some people don't care about immersion or whether the game makes sense, but others do and we just have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's entirely surprising to find out that the people who actually make STO do care about this stuff though is it?

I made this thread in an effort, a successful effort I may add, to present a purely logical and pureley reasonable analysis of the merits of the system.

I have three premises about what counts as 'good,' and an uncontroversial premise that "more good is better."

If you accept these premises, you must accept the conclusion, there are no two ways around it.

If, on the other hand, you insist on rejecting the conclusion, then you must deny one of the premises. It's a very simple and effective method for arguing and finding truth, it's called logical reasoning.

Calling people names falls rather short of the bar.

But why is the rumn dgone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTi40w0nLgo

because crypitc

dont mind me. i been drinking
    bit plastered right now.
    \
    I have often disagreed in the past about the choices the developers have made concerning this thing or that thing.

Look, I understand that some people don't care about immersion or whether the game makes sense, but others do and we just have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's entirely surprising to find out that the people who actually make STO do care about this stuff though is it?

I made this thread in an effort, a successful effort I may add, to present a purely logical and pureley reasonable analysis of the merits of the system.

I have three premises about what counts as 'good,' and an uncontroversial premise that "more good is better."

If you accept these premises, you must accept the conclusion, there are no two ways around it.

If, on the other hand, you insist on rejecting the conclusion, then you must deny one of the premises. It's a very simple and effective method for arguing and finding truth, it's called logical reasoning.

Premise #2 unfortunately is poorly stated. Since you have to pay for the chance boxes, it is inherently pay-to-win and therefore unfair. Perhaps you should clarify it.
  • heartburzumheartburzum Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    \

Premise #2 unfortunately is poorly stated. Since you have to pay for the chance boxes, it is inherently pay-to-win and therefore unfair. Perhaps you should clarify it.

While someone does have to pay real money for the keys. They are not bound when you buy them and can be sold on the market making them available to all players who put in the effort to make the EC to buy them.
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    -Supporter of Cryptic Lockboxes!
    edited August 2016
    You can buy the promo packs on the exchange for a nominal amount of ec, or else convert dil-zen.

A single promo pack is 300 zen or probably 13m ec.

Well within reach of anyone who cares to get one and doesnt want to pay real money for it.

However, this requires that a player have access to those resources. This means time spent in acquiring the EC/dil necessary to turn profits and acquire those promo packs. Additionally, players are not limited to purchasing one promo pack. By purchasing multiple promo packs, players can increase their chances of acquiring at least one promo ship over those who are unable to.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    R&D Weekend later in September is too late for this promotion. The 20% off R&D Packs during that Event will mean Sales now won't have a discount. And you people said that Cryptic has bad timing. They know precisely what they are doing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    This is probably a dumb and/or noobish question (apologies in advance if it is), but how does one go about acquiring hundreds of millions of EC in the game? I've been selling stuff on the exchange including some R&D resources, components, and lock box keys, and I've still only got about 12 million. This is my first time really getting into dealing on the exchange in order to save up enough EC to buy a ship, so I'm still a bit new to this. I just have no idea how people are coming up with all this EC and calling the KT Connie and Vengeance "cheap," when it's taken me about a month just to save up my measly 12 million EC so it seems far from "cheap" to me. I'm curious as to how people are doing it.