test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Pack Promotion

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited August 2016 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Travel through time and space with our all-new R&D Pack Promotion! T6 Connie confirmed.

Now you have a chance to win a new-old-new ship!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• cadorette101cadorette101 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    The market is going to explode!
    Tain.png

• ironguardian24ironguardian24 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Well I guess we finally have that T6 Connie we've all been raging about.

Shame it's locked behind these packs though.
    There's a first time for everything... Give the noobs a break, they're still learning. Don't hate, help.
  • ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    We have been demanding a T5/6 Connie for YEARS! About time CBS gave in!
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    LOL Just waiting for the complaints because it's a R&D promo.
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Well ain't that something...
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Put it in the Dil Store.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Well played Cryptic/PWE, well played. I know you will get a lot of stick for selling the Alternate Connie before giving the false impressions that the Prime Connie won't come so they may as well buy the the AR.

A very good business move, it's a shame all the arrogant entitled players who think they have been ripped off will be storming in to complain.

May I also point out the fantastic business move of placing behind a gamble.

This isn't sarcasm, I am genuinely impressed...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Good ol cryptic promoting gambling to minors and others with every lottery they can think of. Can't wait till the law hits them.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    For years I want iconic starships
    But since it has been so long ...
    I have already lost interest in old trek ships
    yawn...
    I want Dark Matter Starship now LOL

Mzd8i1c.gif
  • qbecks7qbecks7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Are you f*cking serious? There's no way these old, outdated and completely useless ships should have ever reached Tier 6.
    There's no need to do things like that just because some **** are demanding it, intelligent people should know that these ships are far to weak for the 25th century.
    Post edited by qbecks7 on
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    /headdesk

Been keeping an eye on STO news while playing WoW and getting ready for Legion ... I've wanted a T6 Excalibur for years, but I ain't getting it this way.

Maybe tomorrow there will be news that takes my interest away from WoW ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    We're finally getting the t6 TOS ships, but of course it's in one of these stupid R&D promos. Guess I better start saving.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    whoa nellie. I'm satisfied with the Ranger/Paladin, but this will be quite expensive for aficionados out there. Kudos for bringing it to the game at last though.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Why shouldn't there be? So many of us were hoping that a T6 connie would be tied into the anniverary. Not locked behind a lottery pack.

Happy anniversary - now play our lottery for the most iconic ship in the franchise.

An endgame level TOS Connie is perhaps the most requested ship in the history of the game. Why would Cryptic/PWE give it away for free?

You can sell keys on the exchange and use the EC to buy the ship. Zero gambling involved.

THey should've put it in the c-store or as part of the Temporal agent bundle not in this lotters. Even IF you sell keys on the exchange it will probably cost far more than 100$. This is an epoc ship, the most requeted ship for years and now its bound to this lottery.or only available for very few players who can affort it.
  • thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Just how did this happen? For years, they always ever said “no T6 Connie”. I really want to know the details :D
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »
    LOL Just waiting for the complaints because it's a R&D promo.
    Imagine if it ends up being a ONE TIME promo.
    valoreah wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Why shouldn't there be? So many of us were hoping that a T6 connie would be tied into the anniverary. Not locked behind a lottery pack.

Happy anniversary - now play our lottery for the most iconic ship in the franchise.

An endgame level TOS Connie is perhaps the most requested ship in the history of the game. Why would Cryptic/PWE give it away for free?

You can sell keys on the exchange and use the EC to buy the ship. Zero gambling involved.

THey should've put it in the c-store or as part of the Temporal agent bundle not in this lotters. Even IF you sell keys on the exchange it will probably cost far more than 100$. This is an epoc ship, the most requeted ship for years and now its bound to this lottery.or only available for very few players who can affort it.
    They're doing EXACTLY what they should have done.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    What's this updated crafting system they speak of?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    In all seriousness it's question time.

Can you mix and match TOS and Refit parts?

How often should we expect multiple versions of end game ships like with the T'liss and Sheshar.

Only 4 days to get it?

How did the rule get removed?

Back to partying!

Steve-Carell-dance-now.gif
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    So THAT'S what those pigs with jetpacks going by this morning was all about. I thought it was just a race or something.

Well all the walls are down and anything is possible. Could we maybe get the original film and tv show music as well. I'd love to roll into DS9 and hear the actual theme. Same thing for entering the Delta Quadrant for Voyager's theme. Maybe the Entering Spacedock song from Star Trek III?

The sky's the limit.
    qbecks7 wrote: »
    Are you f*cking serious? There's no way these old, outdated and completely useless ships should have ever reached Tier 6.
    There's no need to do things like that just because some **** are demanding it, intelligent people should know that these ships are far to weak for the 25th century.

Even logic must bend to economics and nostalgia. Sadly.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    well...so much for "never happening."
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    I had *hoped* these three types of ships might be tied into some anniversary-style event in the Reputation, but I am not at all surprised they've been made available in *this* way. Given the massive demand, it makes perfect sense too - well done, Cryptic!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    The market is going to explode!

True.

What are the stats? 15 consoles and the ships wield full universal boff stations capable of equipping everything?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Hah! Wahahaha! This is amazing!
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Wibble.

Just blew my reserves on the KT Raider, now this...? Oh well, I wished for a Temporal T6 D7....