test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TWOK Commodore (Rear Admiral Lower Half) rank insignia, please?

angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
Right now the rank insignia for the rank of "Commodore" (called "Rear Admiral Lower Half" in STO, despite in canon the flag ranks are Commodore, Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral and Admiral) is missing from the TWOK uniforms. All other uniforms have the option to pick a one-pip admiral's rank so even though there is no "Commodore" title in the game we can still put the Commodore's rank on our costumes. TWOK however skips the one-pip admiralty. The RALH rank insignia is the two-pip Rear Admiral, RAUH is missing and VA is the next one on the list.

Reference (source: The Star Trek Uniform Club)

TWOKRANKactsize.jpg

EDIT: Memory Alpha article with further reference​​
lFC4bt2.gif
^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
"A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
"That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou

Comments

• alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Frankly, the WoK uniform needs a complete overhaul.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Frankly, the WoK uniform needs a complete overhaul.

While overhauls are never a bad thing I think they are pretty close right now. Some time back they added all the missing ranks (originally it would always display "Captain" regardless of chosen rank) and adjusted some colouring, but they missed one rank and that's a shame, especially now we got the other TWOK uniform variants (with a hefty, hefty price tag, no less)​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ktonof1aqktonof1aq Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    They are nice looking (and probably the very best uniform in all of Star Trek IMHO). The pants on the STO version are to short as the ones in the movie seem to drop lower bunching up just above the ankle. I know, that is a little picky but hey, there are threads on here about lights on ships! LOL
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It's also missing the arm rank (for all ranks) and the coloured band below that rank (for captains and above) and the pips and squeaks that go on the same arm.

Oh, and the admiral variants (with gold striped top and pants with different stripes for different rank of admiral from Commodore to Fleet Admiral and CiC), and the chest medals.

It's odd because the TOS uniforms had the dress uniforms from the start with three different amounts of gold stripe and three different types of chest medals so I'd have expected the best uniform to also have had them.

But, yeah, the lack of Commodore is annoying as that's the rank most of my characters settle on even if the game does give them a non-canon rank for their actual commodore period or too high a rank after that :p.

Oh and the EV suits (TWoK and TUC), NCO uniforms, the Excursion jackets waistcoat, Saavik's leather waistcoat, the Nimbus excursion costumes, the two medical uniforms, the prison uniform, the security armour, the bloody waiters have their own uniforms (TWO versions!)), bomber jackets, the turtleneckless version from pre-TNG, the skirt (which apparently has an admiralty version as well), the UFP medal seen on the council in TVH, and the Hazard and fire suites.

It's the single best and most extensive uniform in ST and could really do with some major attention, starting with the commodore rank.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's also missing the arm rank (for all ranks) and the coloured band below that rank (for captains and above) and the pips and squeaks that go on the same arm.

Oh, and the admiral variants (with gold striped top and pants with different stripes for different rank of admiral from Commodore to Fleet Admiral and CiC), and the chest medals.

It's odd because the TOS uniforms had the dress uniforms from the start with three different amounts of gold stripe and three different types of chest medals so I'd have expected the best uniform to also have had them.

But, yeah, the lack of Commodore is annoying as that's the rank most of my characters settle on even if the game does give them a non-canon rank for their actual commodore period or too high a rank after that :p.

Oh and the EV suits (TWoK and TUC), NCO uniforms, the Excursion jackets waistcoat, Saavik's leather waistcoat, the Nimbus excursion costumes, the two medical uniforms, the prison uniform, the security armour, the bloody waiters have their own uniforms (TWO versions!)), bomber jackets, the turtleneckless version from pre-TNG, the skirt (which apparently has an admiralty version as well), the UFP medal seen on the council in TVH, and the Hazard and fire suites.

It's the single best and most extensive uniform in ST and could really do with some major attention, starting with the commodore rank.​​

Yes, the Arm Ranks and the Pips are still missing, the Admiral Variant too. I really hope that they are working on them. And i hope that they fix the TMP Uniform too,. The Admiral Ranks are wrong (should be Stars instead of Stripes)
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

Yes, the Arm Ranks and the Pips are still missing, the Admiral Variant too. I really hope that they are working on them. And i hope that they fix the TMP Uniform too,. The Admiral Ranks are wrong (should be Stars instead of Stripes)

TUC also gives precedence for wearable accolades. ;)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png