test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Servers are not responding" on each map transfer.

kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
I get this VERY often, although my ping is around 15ms.
These waits can go way over a minute, often into the 90 seconds.

Please check into this?

Thank you.
Klingons don't get drunk.
They just get less sober.

Comments

• sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    This has been an on-going problem since Risa started. I can confirm that it continues to happen even with on-demand patching turned off.
    1xe027q.png
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    When it rains it pours, it's been pouring a lot these last few weeks. I cannot discount my ISP, their fiber van has been parked down the road for about 4 days now.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • dragonangel#9132 dragonangel Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I have the same problem
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Daily, I see it a lot on Borg Red Alerts and some episodes.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since just before AoY I sometimes get 'Connection to the Login Server has timed out' when going to the Character Select Screen. You are dumped to logging in again where you then (almost always) immediately are taken to the Character Select Screen.

But for sometime even before that, on Map Transfers you get the Red seconds displayed that it is contacting as your timer slowly counts up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    same, on every map which didn't been loaded earlier and after every maintenance when it needs again to load map, i guess its standard issue
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    It's becoming a real issue.
    Is Cryptic under DDOS attack, perchange?
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    It only happens to me when I am hot spotting with my cell phone.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    edited August 2016
    Having fiber, I should have no issues.
    A ping of 13MS is not too bad, really.
    Know, I live in Belgium, Antwerp.

Thing is: I never have lag or so, just Server not Responding, often in the 90 seconds and up...

not%20responding_zpsy0utygya.jpg

And no, the picture is not edited.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I use to have this problem. SNR on about every other loading screen. Sometimes 3 times in a row, such as transwarping from fleet dil mine interior to fleet starbase then entering fleet starbase.

But recently I got a SSD and use it as my primary hard drive, which involved reinstalling Windows and everything else. Since I got a SSD, map transfers are a whole lot faster, loading me into a map in about 5 seconds or less, and sometimes the transfer is almost instantaneous. I do still get the 'server not responding' on the loading screen for up to 60 seconds, but it's rather rare now, though sometimes I can still get hit with it for 3 or 4 map transfers in a row.

Edit: It does seem to happen more frequently after I've logged into a few characters. I can go through my first 3 or so toons to start doff/adimirality assignments and not get hit with it. But after about the 10th character or so, I can get hit with it up to 3 times or so in a row, and it happens a every couple of map transfers.

Yesterday, when I got to my 16th and final character, I went to enter my fleet starbase interior and got a strange error message about not being able to load the character into the map, and disconnected from the game. I exited the game and relaunched it and I was able to finish what I was doing with him without any further issues.
    It's really very random, but mostly, when it's early for Europe and late for America (07.00 to say 11.00 UTC) it is FAR less frequent than from 14.00 to 02.00 UTC and in between it shifts up and down.
    This I noticed especially in the weekend days.

Could be coincidence, of course, but to me it really comes down to this.