test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store BOFF Question

mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
Are any of the C-store BOFF's worth in in gameplay for a relatively casual player?

Thanks, @mthomps016

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    You'll want to look for space traits in any of those Boffs.
    I'll recommend the Liberated Borg Eng boff has the Efficient space trait, i think its called, which is good.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'd say not worth it for the traits, only worth it if they fit a theme you have for your crew. Efficient gets you a few points of system power, but so does your own engineering skill points and also some space traits, and some consoles, and some space sets.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Right, i was speaking for practicality and function, but i have at least one of each of those boffs. They are all nice. My favorite if i have to choose is probably the Liberated borg Reman, but its only for Rom faction.
    In the end it what suits your captain's taste.
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    Right, i was speaking for practicality and function, but i have at least one of each of those boffs. They are all nice. My favorite if i have to choose is probably the Liberated borg Reman, but its only for Rom faction.
    In the end it what suits your captain's taste.

You can off course get the cross faction Liberated Borg Romulan from the lobi store as well, she has Efficient as well.

My main is a liberated borg Captain with both the engineer borg and rommie borg on the bridge. I'm in a very efficient Hestia. :)
  • mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Thanks everyone. My question has been answered.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    You can off course get the cross faction Liberated Borg Romulan from the lobi store as well, she has Efficient as well.

My main is a liberated borg Captain with both the engineer borg and rommie borg on the bridge. I'm in a very efficient Hestia. :)

There are also Boffs on the Exchange with the Efficient trait as well. On the KDF side there are the Letheans. I saw one as cheap as 5k EC with that space trait. Of course, if there were any female Letheans, then I suppose they would fetch a higher price... but there are no female Letheans in the game.

On the Fed side there are the Saurians which has that trait. I think I saw a male Saurian selling for around 100k EC. More expensive than 5k EC, but still within the grasp of even poor captains.

Overall the value of having Efficient depends on how much or how little power is in a particular subsystem. Two of my KDF captains have a science Lethean with the efficient trait. While in space and not in combat I might 1 or 2 extra power points when I slot the Lethean. However, that bonus disappears during combat due to the fact that using a ship with the Plasmonic Leech in combat will drain power from the enemy ship and allocate it to my subsystems, thus temporarily boosting my power levels to the point where the bonus from the Efficiency trait is effectively zero.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Efficient is probably most useful for Romulans flying Romulan ships with the -40 power level singularity core, especially a Rom-Fed who can't get a Plasmonic Leech from the KDF Vandal ship.