test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When they take care of us ?

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
I know there new feature on XBOX and PS4 needs their attention but the PC version is getting more bugs every day.
Soon this PC Game is unplayable as normal because there attention is on the consoles, as a PC Gamer I feel neglected.
Here is the list :

1. VO and Animation films are without sound, or the wrong sound from another animation.
2. Ships or BO get stuck a lot of times
3. Game is lagging FPS most times, like the kuvah magh it's horrible to play.
4. Space things like for example Tactical Team, or Science stuff ain't working.
5. Free gear you get completing a mission isn't working like the specs.
6. Exchange have issues in the search system

I can go on describing another 100 bugs with the help from players but the game is getting worse by the minute, so please cryptic put a team back here on the PC version and repair those darn bugs because whatever your doing the game is not pretty to watch at the moment.

Greets
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Sounds like you need to reinstall, or get another computer (subsidiarily, a new hard disk), as I'm not experiencing any of the issues you mention.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Animation fixes are coming in the next patch (they're in the latest tribble patch.)

The game plays fine for most people, your lag issue is not global.

Tac team and science abilities work fine.

You're making a big assumption that people are being pulled off the PC side to work on console version. Since the Console stuff is getting ported from the PC version it's actually coming to us first.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Animation fixes are coming in the next patch (they're in the latest tribble patch.)

The game plays fine for most people, your lag issue is not global.

Tac team and science abilities work fine.

You're making a big assumption that people are being pulled off the PC side to work on console version. Since the Console stuff is getting ported from the PC version it's actually coming to us first.

Honestly they have such a small team now I would agree with the OP that the PC team currently most likely is smaller as their focus is on the console port and lets face it that could be a bigger market for them with the 60mil plus console users out there.

But to put people's fears at ease just look at Neverwinter they during the time they spent doing the console port the PC side slowed down to a halt and then after the release of the console port things went back to a normal pace granted they do have a bigger team tho....

But yeah back on topic the animation fixes are coming I have none of the other issue's so maybe take a look at your PC.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    With the exception of last weeks silly version of a 'patch,' I haven't noticed any slow down at all on the PC side.. not yet anyway.

I get what you're saying, I just prefer to wait until they actually do something before I call them out for it. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    With the exception of last weeks silly version of a 'patch,' I haven't noticed any slow down at all on the PC side.. not yet anyway.

I get what you're saying, I just prefer to wait until they actually do something before I call them out for it. :)

There has not been a slow done but a sharp drop in quality and a rise stupid mistakes which we can only put down to being under staffed look at last weeks patch it brought back a bunch of bugs in the new agents of yesterday missions that they had fixed....
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Quite right, but also bugs like hearing J'm pok at the promotion to commander FED side, well I played GTA V without any issues could be my internet connection but then I should have trouble STWOR as well, and that is running fine. I shall look into it but with a large fleet fighting or when I zoom in on my ship the ship flickers like a fast flash light. Did the same thing on STWOR and nothing wrong. bit strange.... I think my computer is fine just spend begin this year a dope of money for a new Main board and 8 GB Memory with 4 TB Hard disk and high power fans to cool the stuff so I don't think my computer is at fault here.Could be my Internet connection but I tested it online and the read outs where fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    I just state in quote that when the consoles came in the maintance of STO on the PC dropped lot off bugs came back they fixed it but what kelador said latest patch brought back a lot off old issues, most where reported but no answer from the Q&A team.... For those that say there aren't any problems try to run a new char maybe you notice it to. because maybe high end chars don't have as many problems as the low end chars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    It's those Iconian's. Or those Na'kuhl's down the road.

Or those Cryptic kids, the ones that hang around with that Nellix guy, you know, one who's coffee make a good weed killer.​​
    Coffe has to be nuclear empowered.
    My coffee raises the dead 4 graveyards away...

Hell I think I can power a Cube with my coffee... *grins*
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The only places where I have lag issues is the Ocampa freighter patrol and that mission where you're trying to save the scientists from the Gorn. That planetside mission lags as well.

Other than that, I don't suffer lag issues.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    I just state in quote that when the consoles came in the maintance of STO on the PC dropped lot off bugs came back they fixed it but what kelador said latest patch brought back a lot off old issues, most where reported but no answer from the Q&A team.... For those that say there aren't any problems try to run a new char maybe you notice it to. because maybe high end chars don't have as many problems as the low end chars.

You're entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is -- an opinion. Feelings not facts.

My opinion is the game is NOT falling apart. I am leveling a TOS captain now so I have played through old and new content at levels 1-60+.

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    Haven't had any lag issues saving the scientists from the Gorn, or pretty much anywhere else - except on the surface of Regulus IV, in the outdoor section, during "The Kuvah'magh". It's annoying mostly because it makes it much more difficult to defuse those bombs than necessary. (Thank heavens the next toon I'm taking there is an Engineer - they can bypass the process.)

Oh, I did get Quinn thinking he was J'mpok when Kevin Timeline hit Commander, but not with my second 23rd-century toon, Stanek. I guess someone made him take his meds that day...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited August 2016
    jonsills wrote: »
    Oh, I did get Quinn thinking he was J'mpok when Kevin Timeline hit Commander, but not with my second 23rd-century toon, Stanek. I guess someone made him take his meds that day...​​

I still LOL thinking about that, it happened to me too. The devs should embrace it next April and swap all of the KDF - Fed voices for a day :)

... and it's a point against the OP's opinion, since they fixed it the first week.

coolbatman wrote: »
    i find it odd that TOS mission 5 (the tholian one) i had to re-start 3 times b/c the 1 time i had invisible na'kul (sp?) shootong me the 2nd time the interacts in the tholian queen chamber wern't glowing,so i couldn't shut off the self-destruct, the 3rd time there was no interact for the tholian queen, so i wasn't able to talk to it......i was quite annoyed with having to start that mission over 3 times before i was able to finish it.

I think that was mentioned in the week 1 patch notes too, but I've only created 1 TOS captain so I don't know whether it was fixed.

• kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    OP, reinstall the game. Most players aren't have the issues you are seeing and they could all just as easily be client side issues.

My point being...you have to do some basic troubleshooting on your client before assuming it's a server or code issue.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    [quote="kelador;13029881"]
    Honestly they have such a small team now I would agree with the OP that the PC team currently most likely is smaller as their focus is on the console port and lets face it that could be a bigger market for them with the 60mil plus console users out there.
    .[/quote]

not sure why you think the team is smaller. If you listen to the latest priority one podcast gecko mentions the opposite, they actually pulled people off of neverwinter to help with sto so the team is bigger. Also they have extra qa people so they are working on multi-year old bugs that were lower priority. And there are of bugs that are foxing, not just console stuff.

Plus hector is doing concept art for something they can't announce yet, but it is for the pc.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I notice a lot of bugs in this game, but the majority of them don't generally affect game play. The bugs that do are generally dealt with fairly quickly...admittedly the little bugs that don't have a major impact are left to linger forever and can become annoying.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Take a look at the recent tribble patch notes. They're fixing lots of annoying but not gamebreaking things. Floater trails on risa, the dsd stats in step between the stars, the bank on kobali prime etc.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »

That's a particular quirk of Cryptic's systems that goes back throughout the company's history. It's got nothing to do with team size or people being shuffled around. It's just something that happens quite often when they update things a certain way. Give em time. They'll fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Take a look at the recent tribble patch notes. They're fixing lots of annoying but not gamebreaking things. Floater trails on risa, the dsd stats in step between the stars, the bank on kobali prime etc.

what patch notes? that portion of the forums STILL hasn't returned yet​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Google tribble patch notes, the page is still there just the link in the forum menu is broken.

It's there. You can't see the patch notes section unless you're logged into the forums.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/tribble-announcements-and-release-notes

Latest patch notes: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1220631/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-august-16-2016

I'll just copy/paste the whole thing here for you guys.
    General:

Resolved a crash that would occasionally happen when looking at bridge officer powers list and trait menus.
    Resolved a number of animation related issues:
    Ship separation
    Some pet movements
    Using Rock and Roll now animates when flying the Aquarious Small Craft.

Unique enemy ships from the episode “Temporal Ambassador” will no longer spawn in random enemy groups.
    23rd Century Captains can now replay “Spin the Wheel”.
    Resolved an issue which caused the memorial flag to flicker.
    Added Barry Jenner to the memorial list.
    Resolved an issue where the FX trails were not playing while using a floater.
    Resolved an issue where sometimes, lips would not be synced when NPCs were talking.
    Resolved an issue where sometimes powers that were not supposed to auto-slot in trays were being auto-slotted.
    The Bank and Mail interact on Kobali Prime is no longer restricted to one player at a time.
    The Exchange window can now be closed by pressing ESC.
    Resolved an issue where some Torpedoes would not play sound when using Torpedo Spread.
    Adjusted the Bridge Officer Skill UI so the list is not cut off at the bottom.

Systems:

Resolved an issue which could cause a noticeable drop in FPS when using multiple AOE powers at the same time.
    The Iconian Resistance Resilient Shield Array no longer Hot Restarts when Shield Power level is drained to below 5 Shield Power, such as from flying in reverse for excessive periods of time.
    Resolved an issue where chaining weapon attacks would apply Motivation and Reactive Healing Accelerator's self-heals to enemy targets.
    Resolved an issue where when using temporary ships, such as in Temporal Ambassador, the level of the ship would not scale correctly.
    Resolved an issue that was allowing the Agony Modulator Ground Trait to apply sometimes even while the Trait was not slotted.

Character:

Resolved an issue where the Sling Halter outfit cause legs to disappear for female Caitian captains.
    Set the Klingon Sash to Klingon captains only.
    Set the female Starfleet short sleeve to Federation only.
    Removed Yeoman Rand’s head as an option in the tailor.

Known Issues:

The TOS Gorn outfit does not unlock once completing the episode “Battle of Caleb IV”.
    The Advanced Herald Antiproton Beam Projector does not properly applies on-hit effects to the primary target.
    The interact for doors are skewed.
    Progression could sometimes be blocked in the episode “The Kuvah’magh” during the wire-cutting bombs task.
    Post edited by monkeybone13 on
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Maybe that list explains why there's a 18 GB patch for Tribble right now :o

Just kidding, I realised I reinstalled the entire game and didn't load Tribble yet... ugh.
    jonsills wrote: »

I still LOL thinking about that, it happened to me too. The devs should embrace it next April and swap all of the KDF - Fed voices for a day :)

... and it's a point against the OP's opinion, since they fixed it the first week.

They did not because I played today and at commander promotion he still speaks as J'm pok
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh I forgot ah bug it is a bit funny. Those that shot DEAD don't fall down they stand or fly in the air or what ever. There dead jim, dead as in doing a certain action and stay that way. Or they first fall down a couple of times before they are really dead. O and for those who say there aren't any bugs, pay attention to the game and stop staring at those mini skirts. LOLZ...
    Some have those lags some don't maybe the cable provider or maybe it's just to many people playing at certain times hell I don't know. And yes I give them time but we are at a stand still for 2 weeks now and there rolling in more bugs by the day !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]