• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Angry shouting music. :D
    Yup. That's Opera for you. :smiley:
    I thought they meant Metal.
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Angry shouting music. :D
    Yup. That's Opera for you. :smiley:

That reminds me of FC when Picard is listening to some opera because he's pissed at the Borg.

Berlioz.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    You know, this is honestly getting very old. All we have gotten in the last year is chaos and hate. I am sorry, but you really need to redirect some of this stuff towards a Bright and happier future rather then constant strife and pitting family against one another. Here is an idea, how about an actual Happy story for once, where we actually are able to look at the story and smile ?
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    cristonic2 wrote: »
    You know, this is honestly getting very old. All we have gotten in the last year is chaos and hate. I am sorry, but you really need to redirect some of this stuff towards a Bright and happier future rather then constant strife and pitting family against one another. Here is an idea, how about an actual Happy story for once, where we actually are able to look at the story and smile ?

What about the latest Na'kuhl story? That one had a pretty upbeat ending.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Angry Classic music in the future? Opera? Rap? Metal? o.o Its a very wide spectrum of music that could be considered classic when you look at it from a future viewpoint. Could even be music genre that isn't even invented yet.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    True. "Classical" music in our 20th-21st century description means music written for an orchestra of all-acoustic instruments (winds, strings, horns, and percussion). Perhaps music made using synthesizers and distortion effects gets included under "classical" in future centuries?
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    Just a thought... I'm currently rewatching Voyager and it got me wondering. Is there a particular reason why the Annorax is particularly immune to the fate its precursor suffered in "The Year of Hell"? If the ship gets rammed, doesn't that prevent it from making the problematic incursions in the first place - no borgified Romulus, no loss of Tutarians (of course we'd need to find some way of engineering events so that Midnight's story still takes place).

No I'm not suggesting this should happen - it would be silly and very contrived to engineer the satisfactory story conclusion. Really I'm just asking if blowing up the ship would have the same effect.
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    None will listen if you talk like a sensible person
    To be successfull in recruitment
    you must learn from the best
    Get a wig, rub some Cheetos on your face
    Wave your hands frantically around and yeal out
    I will Make Krenim Great Again ! ( pause )
    I will detonate omegaparticles to build a subspace wall ( pause )
    I like charts and crying babies ( pause )
    babies are the future of our ... (static)
    ok, Traala you can get that baby out of here
    hahaha

Mzd8i1c.gif
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I don't know what kind of economy the Krenim have, but Traala is not getting paid enough for this! :smiley: First she gets zapped by a console rigged by Noye, and now this thing with Zidia...

We got dragged into the temporal war, and witnessed a critical point at Procyon V. Now, we get to see how it actually starts in our own time.

What's up with the Krenim and time manipulation anyway? Do you need a full blown starship to cross a simple river?! Traala's right. Some things, like rebuilding their race, must be done in the good old fashioned way; while honoring the passing of those who were lost. The past should stay in the past.
    Post edited by kelettes on
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I think the Krenim grew too dependent on time travel and time manipulation.
  • lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Just a thought... I'm currently rewatching Voyager and it got me wondering. Is there a particular reason why the Annorax is particularly immune to the fate its precursor suffered in "The Year of Hell"? If the ship gets rammed, doesn't that prevent it from making the problematic incursions in the first place - no borgified Romulus, no loss of Tutarians (of course we'd need to find some way of engineering events so that Midnight's story still takes place).

No I'm not suggesting this should happen - it would be silly and very contrived to engineer the satisfactory story conclusion. Really I'm just asking if blowing up the ship would have the same effect.
    So far as I remembered, what happened in Year of Hell was that the Krenim ship was trying to use its temporal incursion weapon when it was rammed, resulting in the weapon effect being triggered inside the ship and removing it from the timeline from the perspective of anything that wasn't temporally shielded. It's not entirely certain the Annorax still had that weapon when Noye stole it (since the incursion plan was dropped after Butterfly, so we're looking at the span of time from Butterfly to Noye stealing it for the ship to be modified in such a way as to remove the weapon rather than just from Midnight to Noye's theft, especially since it is likely they had to modify the ship anyway for Midnight, it not having shown temporal travel capability before then), Noye's plans have all centred around time-travel instead, and without that ramming it wouldn't remove it from the timeline.
    lordinsane wrote: »

So far as I remembered, what happened in Year of Hell was that the Krenim ship was trying to use its temporal incursion weapon when it was rammed, resulting in the weapon effect being triggered inside the ship and removing it from the timeline from the perspective of anything that wasn't temporally shielded. It's not entirely certain the Annorax still had that weapon when Noye stole it (since the incursion plan was dropped after Butterfly, so we're looking at the span of time from Butterfly to Noye stealing it for the ship to be modified in such a way as to remove the weapon rather than just from Midnight to Noye's theft, especially since it is likely they had to modify the ship anyway for Midnight, it not having shown temporal travel capability before then), Noye's plans have all centred around time-travel instead, and without that ramming it wouldn't remove it from the timeline.

Okay, so installing an incursion weapon on your own ship and time travelling back to just before it deployed its own weapon for the first time (preferrably doing it before you and Nog board it), dropping its conventional defences and make an incursion on the vessel itself... would that replicate the effect?

Nice points about the evolution of the Annorax. Perhaps its use in Midnight was a halfway step... did it go through with you? I don't remember it going through the portal, just opening it up. Perhaps that was the step between using technology to manipulate timelines and using technology to travel along and between timelines.
    Okay, so installing an incursion weapon on your own ship and time travelling back to just before it deployed its own weapon for the first time (preferrably doing it before you and Nog board it), dropping its conventional defences and make an incursion on the vessel itself... would that replicate the effect?

Nice points about the evolution of the Annorax. Perhaps its use in Midnight was a halfway step... did it go through with you? I don't remember it going through the portal, just opening it up. Perhaps that was the step between using technology to manipulate timelines and using technology to travel along and between timelines.
    I would think it likely, though of course the more complicated the action the less likely it is that anyone would actually do it (ramming it could be accidental, but anyone actually doing a deliberate incursion would have to figure out some way to make the moving parts with Midnight work, as you said).

IIRC the Annorax went with you. Wasn't it the way back to your native time (well, native for non-23c characters) as well? I'd need to replay it to be sure.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Some people just don't ever learn. And this why we have the Temporal Accords, because of some idiots like her and Noye who are trying to wreck the timeline and make things even worse.
    "Oh yeah, we're few left, so let's fight and lose even more people for a hopeless cause that resulted in many people dead when the galaxy is finally mostly at peace."
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    so uhm heres the big question...didnt we already take noye into custody?

If so then the "cousins war" is a moot point about nothing.

"Justice for Noye", and Zidia apparently wasn't acting alone. Clearly some Krenim really don't learn.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User

"Justice for Noye", and Zidia apparently wasn't acting alone. Clearly some Krenim really don't learn.

Right after he took off with the Annorax, Noye started traveling around time; building forces and gathering allies. After you disarm the bombs on the research post and beam up to your ship, you already encounter a heavily modified Annorax, with probably years of additional work put into it - including some Sphere Builder tech. Zidia and the rest of the "Krenim rebels" just have to use time travel to link up with Noye at the right point in time, when the "temporal liberation front" is still at its full swing.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »

Right after he took off with the Annorax, Noye started traveling around time; building forces and gathering allies. After you disarm the bombs on the research post and beam up to your ship, you already encounter a heavily modified Annorax, with probably years of additional work put into it - including some Sphere Builder tech. Zidia and the rest of the "Krenim rebels" just have to use time travel to link up with Noye at the right point in time, when the "temporal liberation front" is still at its full swing.

Or they'll try to free Noye... and succeed if he was held in a Romulan cell, since the Republic is kinda bad (like Arkham Asylum levels of bad) at keeping their prisoners like Sela and possibly Krog (assuming it's not a past version still held captive while we killed a future version).

That way, we'll have most of the villains free to plot our doom again: Sela, Noye, Krog, T'Ket, Sessen, Evileeta, the Sphere Builders and possibly the Na'kuhl remnants.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • phinabella1phinabella1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Given now we're fighting across time, when really doesn't matter. Both sides have time-machines, so both sides can get reinforcements from any point in time. You just have to make contact and arm them with weapons from the future so they can win battles against their enemies from their native time stream.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »

Or they'll try to free Noye... and succeed if he was held in a Romulan cell, since the Republic is kinda bad (like Arkham Asylum levels of bad) at keeping their prisoners like Sela and possibly Krog (assuming it's not a past version still held captive while we killed a future version).

That way, we'll have most of the villains free to plot our doom again: Sela, Noye, Krog, T'Ket, Sessen, Evileeta, the Sphere Builders and possibly the Na'kuhl remnants.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind reconstructing a bit Krog's timeline. Our character sees her first at the meeting on New Romulus and takes her prisoner. By that point, Krog knows our character. Then in the same mission we see her in the future on Vosk's ship. From there she apparently went back in time along with Vosk and all those Na'kuhl ships.
    And here comes the weird part: we kill Krog on the New Khitomer station in the following episode, again in the future.

Clearly Krog couldn't have been killed at New Khitomer and then go back in time to New Romulus. That leads me to a conclusion that she must have escaped the Republic's custody.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Given now we're fighting across time, when really doesn't matter. Both sides have time-machines, so both sides can get reinforcements from any point in time. You just have to make contact and arm them with weapons from the future so they can win battles against their enemies from their native time stream.

So basically they break each plot and storyline for...reasons? im calling Bs and lazy writting.

Lets try this

You capture noye

Captain : finally noye is in custody no more temporal shenanigans for you

Daniels : ANNNNND he escaped

Captain : wait what?! we just captured him just now like right now

Daniels : he escaped yesterday

Captain : Huh? O.o

Daniels : some kremin freed him yesteday , yup he is most definatley free

Captain : How why wth ?

(You go to the day before and capture noye ...again)

Captain : ok we prevented his escapes NOW no more temporal shina.....

Daniels : AANNNNND hes free again

Captain : ok daniels are you TRYING to troll me?

Daniels : No they freed him last week

Captain : damnit ok crew lets go to last week

(return to the week before and stop noye...YET again)

Captain : Deja vu? im not gonna say it because everytime i say no more temporal shenanigans for you dani....

Daniels : AANNNND hes escaped

Captain : GODDAMNIT DANIELS YOU HAVE ONE [Moderated] JOB ONE,THATS TO MAKE SURE GODDAMN NOYE DOESNT ESCAPE!!

Daniels : you have to trust me that were doing the right thing, he escaped during the middle ages btw

Captain : GODDAMNIT !!!

(you go to the middle ages and stop noye...AGAIN!!)

Captain : Before you say it daniels let me guess goddamn noye escaped again

Daniels : nope he is packed nice in his cell

Captain : well finally you did your job right , now noye no more temporal shenangians for.....

Daniels: AAANNNND hes gone again

Captain : GODDAMNIT DANIELS!!!

Daniels : says here he escaped during the big bang

( you back to the big bang and catch noye again....really deja vu?)

Captain : ok i know w got you now noye there is no more time to escape to or from, no more tem...

Daniels : AANNND hes escaped again

Captain : ok daniels i know your just messing with me , thre isnt even a timeline before the big bang, just tell me when did he escape?

Daniels : Last tuesday

Captain : Last tuesday? befor the big bang the creation of the universe and time itself?

Daniels : I know but remember you have to trust were doing the right thing

Captain : ARGGGHHHHHH!!! PFFFTPRBLMPLDBBRSZZZ

Ensign : someone get the straight jacket the captains finally went looney O.O
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User

So basically they break each plot and storyline for...reasons? im calling Bs and lazy writting.

Lets try this

You capture noye

Captain : Deja vu? im not gonna say it because everytime i say no more temporal shenanigans for you dani....

Captain : GODDAMNIT DANIELS YOU HAVE ONE [Moderated] JOB ONE,THATS TO MAKE SURE GODDAMN NOYE DOESNT ESCAPE!!

Daniels : you have to trust me that were doing the right thing, he escaped during the middle ages btw

Captain : well finally you did your job right , now noye no more temporal shenangians for.....

Captain : ok i know w got you now noye there is no more time to escape to or from, no more tem...

Captain : ok daniels i know your just messing with me , thre isnt even a timeline before the big bang, just tell me when did he escape?

Captain : Last tuesday? befor the big bang the creation of the universe and time itself?

Fun read. Though my KDF officer would have killed him after the big bang.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Nah, it's like in Dr. Who. The universe doesn't really end, it implodes and reforms. So if you go back in time TOO far you are in the time before time... where reality is unrecognizable.
    latest?cb=20090308163534
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Nah, it's like in Dr. Who. The universe doesn't really end, it implodes and reforms. So if you go back in time TOO far you are in the time before time... where reality is unrecognizable.
    latest?cb=20090308163534

What if it's more like Futurama and you just get to go around again in a recurring replica of the universe? ;)
  • phinabella1phinabella1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Lets try this

You capture noye

I needed a laugh this early int he morning. Thanks.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    latest?cb=20090308163534

What if it's more like Futurama and you just get to go around again in a recurring replica of the universe? ;)

Mind if I stop and punch Hitler in the nutz on the third go-round before arriving back here where we started?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Cousins can be a pain in the hindquarters.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Considering Mozart was "pop" music while he was alive it's no surprise that music of the 20th century would be considered classical music in the 24th. Mozart also wrote a song called Leck mich im Arsch, which translates to "Lick my ****", which shows musicians were always the same.

Yep. The more music changes, the more the musicians/writers stay the same. ;)
    We still have to see how Daniels and Noye were inversely linked with Temporal distortion damage.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    megawolf0 wrote: »

Lets try this

You capture noye

Fun read. Though my KDF officer would have killed him after the big bang.

KDF Captain: We killed him durnig the Big Bang!
    Daniels: "And he's back! They stopped you from killing him last tuesday"
    KDF Captain: *shoots Daniel*
    Daniels: "I am back! Someone stopped you from doing it next friday."
    KDF Captain: *shoots himself*
    Daniels: "And you're back. Your past self stopped you from killing your present self last week."
    KDF Captain: *blows up universe*
    Death: SO LONELY.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.