test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Azure Nebula exploit still exists

risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
I've done this mission, Azure Nebula rescue (normal) twice in the last hour, and in both teams at least three players were using the well known exploit where they're not shooting, only pressing F to free the ships.

Since this was supposed to be fixed in a previous patch, I assume something went wrong so I'm reporting it again.

If the decision was made to not fix it and allow the exploit to persist, then I would like to suggest to reconsider that decision. With two, three or more people on the team abusing this exploit, it becomes impossible to actually play the mission the way it's intended to be played. That, and if you don't want to be collecting EC for other players, you're basically forced to lay still yourself.

Comments

• Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I haven't played this one in a while, so sneaking around the asteroid and freeing the ship is an exploit?! Or am I missing something?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Just because you can't think of anything other than violence doesn't mean these people are doing anything wrong. If you can't learn to solve your problems without violence, maybe you should join the KDF.

Hehe yeah very funny.

It's an exploit. If it wasn't, it wouldn't have shown up in previous patch notes as a fix. Besides that, I know it's an exploit from personal communication.

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss these things. Since there are clear indications that freeing the ships without doing anything was not the way the mission was intended to be played, I'm reporting it as a bug and exploit. Discussing it can be done elsewhere so this is all I will say in this thread.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Like Ruin says, NO WHERE does it say you *must* fight the mobs, only to free them. If it wants you to fight the trash mobs, then the mission objectives should say something to the effect of "Wipe out ALL resistance. Show the Tholians the error of tangling with the Romulans."
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    You can come and play Azure Nebula Advanced. I do not believe the exploit works in that STF. Then again, I suppose I have not tried doing so yet.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It is NOT an exploit it is meeting the objectives as stated. There was a Thread about this over a year ago stating the same, and the answers were the same.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns