test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Traits - Best for Sci Build

Hi,

Haven't decided what ship i will eventually fall into and stay, but as I am grinding ship traits, what are some that go best with a science build/TAC captain, for control/drain? I don't have access to all Fed C-store ships, but quite a few, but that's ok, because you never know when I will buy one in the future.
18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.

Comments

• Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    To tell you the truth, I find it hard to recall any ship traits that would directly boost your control/drain abilities. There are nice traits like Checkmate (from Yorktown) or Time to Kill (from Annorax Dreadnought) that proc off your sci abilities, but those boost damage instead.
    If you plan using energy weapons, you might want to consider Greedy Emitters (from Nandi, if you managed to claim it last summer). Improved Tachyon Beam (from Geneva) gives TB very nice heal as secondary effect. And then there's of course All Hands on Deck (from Presidio) that would probably prove to be very useful in any case.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Scavenger Beam from the Daemosh will directly boost tractor beam and gives it a nice self-healing component as well but that is a lobi ship.
    AHOD is useful for cooldowns and pretty much those @tunebreaker listed.
    The Paradox, another lobi ship has quite a nice science based trait but again quite expensive.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses guys. Lobi ships are pretty much a no go, but the C-store ship suggestions are doable, thanks!
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.