test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Question] Are Lockbox Ships account unlock?

As per the title, are they?

Thank you.
Klingons don't get drunk.
They just get less sober.

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    NO

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Yes, they are account wide unlock ! Nah I was joking :D All lobi gears are bound to toon, once equiped or unboxed.
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    The only ships that unlock account-wide are zen ships or event ships. And zen ships can only be used for the faction they were designed for.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    Keep buying those keys and soon, ALL of your alts will have the ship!
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Bound to that character forever, as soon as you open the box.

Also, the best way to get a lock box ship is to NOT to open boxes! Sell the keys on the Exchange for credits (make sure you have bought the credit cap unlock if not a subscriber) then use the credits to buy the ship.

You will spend $40-45 on keys for the Kelvin Constitution, but it is 100% guaranteed. If you open 100 lock boxes you only have around a 2/3 chance of getting the ship.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And the Dyson Destroyer, boxed, from the Lobi Store is the only ship that is Bound to a Character on pickup.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns