test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Useless support people

metallica#9475 metallica Member Posts: 47 Arc User
So I sold 5 keys for 5 million each. To my surprise my account only showed 10 million. So I submitted a ticket and told them about it. There response was that they cannot help because I have a 10 million cap. WTF
So what is this cap and and how do I increase my limit. I have read that we can have 100 million.
But I guess they didn't want to tell me how to do that. I have been searching and searching and even support wont tell me.
Pretty stupid. I am not spending any more money here

Comments

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    "In Star Trek Online Energy Credits are the main form of currency. Players can use these credits to purchase various things ranging from new ships when the player reaches a new rank to new weapons (Space and ground), deflectors and shields. These credits are obtained by various means, including (but not limited to) completing missions and selling items to merchants, such as weapons and armor.
    Energy credits cannot be transferred to other characters/players through mail, but can be transferred using direct trade or a fleet bank or account bank.
    Energy credits are capped at 1 billion for gold accounts and 10 million for silver accounts (this cap can be raised to 1 billion on all characters on an account for 500 Zen). Prior to Season 5, the cap was 2 billion."

(Source: STO wiki)
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    You can purchase the ec cap increase from the cstore. Then your good to go..

You prolly won't see the other 10million..but after you purchase the cap you'll make more ec with keys

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• metallica#9475 metallica Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    You can purchase the ec cap increase from the cstore. Then your good to go..

You prolly won't see the other 10million..but after you purchase the cap you'll make more ec with keys

Thank you I was looking for that cap increase for a while now
    I cant believe the support person wouldn't tell me how to get it. Just told me there isn't anything they can do LOL
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Well they can't give you the energy credits you lost by not having the cap. Nor was it their fault, most mmos have cap limits. The wise thing to do would have been to research that before selling.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    ^This. Ignorance isnt an excuse. Then being angry about it just looses any sympathy or support here.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Feel for ya, OP. Something similar to this happened to me when I first started playing. Got burned by something which I should have researched before I did it. I was mad, too. Cussed my laptop out for about five minutes and did not repeat a single word.

Then, I got over myself. It sucked but I learned from my mistake. Now I try to keep others from doing the same stupid thing I did. Which really amounted to, "Read ALL of the directions before starting this".
    Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    We all make stupid mistakes now and then and need to learn to live with that.

I once deleted an email that had attached about 1 million EC worth of gear that I was sending from one account to another.

There's a thread every month or two from someone who put a stack of 10 lock box keys on the exchange and forgot to change the price from 1 key.
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    My advice to both new and veteran players would be to sleep on it before you post it on the forums. You can still be angry tomorrow.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    So I sold 5 keys for 5 million each. To my surprise my account only showed 10 million. So I submitted a ticket and told them about it. There response was that they cannot help because I have a 10 million cap. WTF
    So what is this cap and and how do I increase my limit. I have read that we can have 100 million.
    But I guess they didn't want to tell me how to do that. I have been searching and searching and even support wont tell me.
    Pretty stupid. I am not spending any more money here

Yeah, the cap for F2P players is 10 million not 100 million. Either you read it wrong or it was a typo the poster never corrected.

You can purchase the EC Cap Remover from the C-Store in the "Services" tab. I think it costs 725 Zen. Purchasing it will increase the cap limit to 1 billion EC per character.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Whenever I encounter a new player in STO, I always ask if they have purchased the raised Cap limit. If they have not, I very strongly encourage them to do so. Best bargain in the C-Store. Ought to be the first thing which pops up until a player does purchase it.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ^This. Ignorance isnt an excuse. Then being angry about it just looses any sympathy or support here.

Man, must be nice being perfect huh? I assume you have never made a mistake in your life so you can't understand when others do it. That must be fantastic!

The OP's post isn't angry or hateful at all. The main focus of his issue is that Support didn't tell him how to increase the cap, and if true, I think he has a legitimate issue. How hard would it have been to tell him that he can purchase an EC Cap increase in the C-Store?

Seems like he's owned the mistake, but honestly.. Support should have told him how to fix it for next time.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Support isnt a for "how to" and tutorial guidance. They are for technical problems. Its not their job to educate noobs. They did fine. Being angry with them is laughable. Dude f@#ked up and wanted someone to blame. Had he raised the cap then had missing EC then this would be totally valid.

I didnt see any owning of the f&*k up.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    In the OP's defense, it's easy to miss something as simple as the EC cap limit for F2P/Silver players and how to increase it. Even though it's technically not their job, I think it would have been nice if the support person(s) the OP talked to had at least mentioned this could've been the issue.

BTW, the cap increase is 500 zen, but it's fairly common that Cryptic will offer a discount on the sale of Services (such as the EC increase) so keep an eye out for them. The one nice thing about the increase is that it's an account wide unlock so once you've done it you're good to go for all of the characters on that account.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Both sides have merit.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    Okay......they COULD have informed him about a product in the cstore that would address his concern. It's a chance to up sell merchandise on behalf of their employer also, this was their business f $&k up.

Man, must be nice being perfect huh? I assume you have never made a mistake in your life so you can't understand when others do it. That must be fantastic!

The OP's post isn't angry or hateful at all. The main focus of his issue is that Support didn't tell him how to increase the cap, and if true, I think he has a legitimate issue. How hard would it have been to tell him that he can purchase an EC Cap increase in the C-Store?

Seems like he's owned the mistake, but honestly.. Support should have told him how to fix it for next time.

thank you sir
    Okay......they COULD have informed him about a product in the cstore that would address his concern. It's a chance to up sell merchandise on behalf of their employer also, this was their business f $&k up.

And thank you too. After I told them someone on the forums told me how to get the increase they gave me enough zen to make the purchase. Well 444 zen almost enough. So now I can hold over 10 million. Yay good enough for me. At least they did something for me.

Regards

I thought the EC cap upgrade was 1000zen?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Does subscribing for a month get you the unlock? I thought it and some other unlocks stayed after you unsubscribed.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    No, the EC cap increase only remains as long as you stay subscribed.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png

And thank you too. After I told them someone on the forums told me how to get the increase they gave me enough zen to make the purchase. Well 444 zen almost enough. So now I can hold over 10 million. Yay good enough for me. At least they did something for me.

Regards

Well, sorry you lost the EC, but at least you got some Zen to help soften the blow. I'm glad that Support was able to help you out.
    I thought the EC cap upgrade was 1000zen?

EC Cap upgrade is 500 Zen.
  • itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    That DOES tell you about the limit when you hover your mouse over your EC.

“But the plans were on display…”
    “On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
    “That’s the display department.”
    “With a flashlight.”
    “Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
    “So had the stairs.”
    “But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
    “Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”
    ITPaladin.png
    I could have swore up and down that the EC cap increase was 1000z! Didnt it used to be?

I think i paid 1000z for mine.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Glad to hear there was an acceptable resolution.
    I could have swore up and down that the EC cap increase was 1000z! Didnt it used to be?

I think i paid 1000z for mine.

Maybe you purchased a couple things at once? For as long as I can remember the EC Cap has been 500 Zen.