test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assets should be account wide

gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
How about making the Assets Tab contents Account wide.
It would definitely make alts more appealing to play, as we could fast track them using existing marks.

Waiting in these ques for 15 mins or more to do a run for marks & rep probes, it's just killing me here.

Comments

• rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User

One of the challenges with this would be, how would the daily bonus pool (65 marks) work?
    In addition to this (if not already done so), the special items needed to unlock gear would need to be account bound.
    Are you also referring to energy credits, dilithium and GPL being also being shared?

I like the idea, however I can see pros and cons on both sides and really depends on the implementation of such a feature, if it would be beneficial/better/worse.

In terms of the gathering of marks and probes, it is a bit of a pain, you do have to gather them when they come out as most people active then (or in the summer event collecting birds/extra vouchers).
    Otherwise not enough people play what is not current and that is when I see the pain point, I do find some can be played on your own and get the marks.

I would rather that the marks and probes were standardised to just one ... so that you can join what is current and not have to go hunting around for each and everyone ... however, this is most likely not in STO's interest to do and would open up to people having millions of marks and not doing anything new.
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    rocmist wrote: »
    I would rather that the marks and probes were standardised to just one ... so that you can join what is current and not have to go hunting around for each and everyone ...

I could totally go with that.

I was just thinking everything would pool, after it's been acquired, so you'd still get your daily bonus for that toon, you'd still be able to do your 8k dil ore per toon.

Although the rep probes would have to be account bound I guess too.

Just trying to do rep for these new AoY toons... oy vey. Most ques are dead, or have 5+ min wait times, and there always seams to be that one guy that just doesn't click engage. It should be auto engage, like the Crystal does at times, you que it up and when it's ready it just launches.

Really takes the fun out of a new toon, or any alt rather. Probably why I have just 2 toons, and the AoY one.

At least if the marks were pooled, I could just fire up threw rep using the 5K points my main has in everything.
  • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    rocmist wrote: »
    I would rather that the marks and probes were standardised to just one ... so that you can join what is current and not have to go hunting around for each and everyone ...

I could totally go with that.

I was just thinking everything would pool, after it's been acquired, so you'd still get your daily bonus for that toon, you'd still be able to do your 8k dil ore per toon.

Although the rep probes would have to be account bound I guess too.

Just trying to do rep for these new AoY toons... oy vey. Most ques are dead, or have 5+ min wait times, and there always seams to be that one guy that just doesn't click engage. It should be auto engage, like the Crystal does at times, you que it up and when it's ready it just launches.

Really takes the fun out of a new toon, or any alt rather. Probably why I have just 2 toons, and the AoY one.

At least if the marks were pooled, I could just fire up threw rep using the 5K points my main has in everything.

And that my friend is WHY it won't happen..

Each REP is based on a story Arc.. Each toon should play that ARC to obtain the benefits and rewards.

Adding new toons to the game is a player choice. Completing the REP system is as well.. Allowing the ability to used "pooled" marks imho, is not the way to go. That would be, imho, just another case of .."Give this toon it all 'cause I've done it before and I really need something for nothing".. imho

Trust me.. it used to be really crazy to get toons to T5 without the "Sponsorship Token". Using the Tokens, you basically cut the grind time in half as it is. My AoY toon, is 1/2 way thru T3 Temporal rep, but with the Sponsorship Tokens, the other Reps are starting completing and/or starting T5 in all other reps.. and I only do the daily projects..

p.s. Forgot to let you know, with the AoY toon created for this event, I now have a total of 10 toons. Thanks to the sponsorship tokens, my AoY toon has been T5 in all other reps for almost 2 weeks now, and all 10 toons are sitting at 85K+ towards T5. Again.. I only run the dailies, and with the Rep Marks reward in "Miner Instabilities" obtaining Temp Rep Marks is much easier than previous Rep grinds..

It's still my opinion, REP assests should remain unique to character. tyvm..
    Post edited by maddscott on
  • herald86herald86 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    i would really appreciate some kind of solution for reaching the aoy reputation top goal of having all 8 or 9 rep xp to 100,000
    as it stands I've put in a ton of hours and effort and im not gonna make it past tier 4 on terran and iconian because i had not previously completed these reps on another character in my account. and there is not enough 20 hour periods till the end of event I'm just asking that the 20 hour cooldown get reduced to say 4 hours until the end of august i did the math yesterday and i could have made it if i was able to run the hourly completions 7 times a day and the dailies every day but with the limitation of the hourlies only rewarding rep xp 3 times a day I'm hooped now
    herald86 wrote: »
    i would really appreciate some kind of solution for reaching the aoy reputation top goal of having all 8 or 9 rep xp to 100,000
    as it stands I've put in a ton of hours and effort and im not gonna make it past tier 4 on terran and iconian because i had not previously completed these reps on another character in my account. and there is not enough 20 hour periods till the end of event I'm just asking that the 20 hour cooldown get reduced to say 4 hours until the end of august i did the math yesterday and i could have made it if i was able to run the hourly completions 7 times a day and the dailies every day but with the limitation of the hourlies only rewarding rep xp 3 times a day I'm hooped now

I think the 6 weeks is only to get your toon to Daniels in the 24th century so you can get the temporal device, after that you just play the toon.
    maddscott wrote: »

And that my friend is WHY it won't happen..

Each REP is based on a story Arc.. Each toon should play that ARC to obtain the benefits and rewards.

Adding new toons to the game is a player choice. Completing the REP system is as well.. Allowing the ability to used "pooled" marks imho, is not the way to go. That would be, imho, just another case of .."Give this toon it all 'cause I've done it before and I really need something for nothing".. imho

Trust me.. it used to be really crazy to get toons to T5 without the "Sponsorship Token". Using the Tokens, you basically cut the grind time in half as it is. My AoY toon, is 1/2 way thru T3 Temporal rep, but with the Sponsorship Tokens, the other Reps are starting completing and/or starting T5 in all other reps.. and I only do the daily projects..

See I'm the opposite, I don't really care about the rep tier more so the gear there. The tier is just the means to get the gear. But having to re do all the ques to get the 2000 rep. points is just a pain. They don't que up or it just takes to long to get the points, where my main toon's been around for 5 years and has a boat load of points.

Maybe not a pooled assets, but how about a transfer of points from one toon to another with some sort of reduced payout, like a 25% take on the points put in.

In the end I just gave up on getting any rep. gear for my AoY toon, not gona regrind select ques again, plus don't have the time. Of course I'm only doing the AoY toon because of the event, just like Delta one.

All in all, it's still one person playing the game, so I'm not getting something for nothing, as I put in the time already. Alt toons should just be an extension on the account. With pooled or transferable points it would sure make it more appealing to play an alt in the first place.

But I see your point, they want you in the seat at much as possible.
  • herald86herald86 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    herald86 wrote: »

I think the 6 weeks is only to get your toon to Daniels in the 24th century so you can get the temporal device, after that you just play the toon.

can anyone confirm this? if we don't meet the goals by august 24th you can still complete them afterwards for the claiming of permanent bonuses? seems unlikely my terran and iconian reps are still not gonna make it beyond 85,000 by the end of aoy event
  • velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Only the event bonuses go away. Only need to finish the tutorial bit (end up in 24th century and start your Temporal Agent stuff) before the dead line. After that, you have untill the end of time (game life) to finish up the achievements.

I still haven't done everything on my kdf Delta Recruit from two years(?) back...

Don't think it's even possible to max out 3 primary specs in this time frame anyway (which is one of the achievements).

Pretty sure you can even start a new Temporal Agent after the event, given they've added a full new tutorial with new voice actors and all. This was not the case with Delta Recruits (cannot make one anymore). But likely without the account wide unlocks and dil/xp boosts etc.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    If you are asking for this you are not playing your toons as intended set forth by Cryptic. They have already provided you a Rep Token to speed through the Rep process on alts.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator