test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs: Will you please "unlock" all the bridges that we've purchased?

pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
If a player/character has purchased a C-store, Lockbox or Lobi ship with a unique bridge, why not allow that bridge to be used in the ship tailor on ANY ship owned by that character?

For example, I still love using my old T5-U Vulcan D'Kyr science ship with my main sci character, but there is no unique bridge/interior for that ship. The C-store Federation bridges don't work well since the Vulcan ship has such a different look. That said, there are several unique bridges that IMHO would look better as the bridge of a D'Kyr (the generic "Starship" bridge used with the APU, the Kazon bridge, the Vaadwaur bridge, maybe even the Voth bridge).

My point is that if a player has already purchased/unlocked a unique bridge for that character why not let us use that bridge for ANY ship that character owns?

Even if selecting a unique bridge means locking out the rest of the ship interior and limiting us to just the bridge, I'd like the option to select from ANY bridge that I own.

I know the argument that several devs presented in the past about ship interiors is that they consume dev resources and don't earn much profit, hopefully this wouldn't consume too many hours of dev resources since it's just a matter of allowing the bridges that a character already owns to be used on any ship.

You don't need to make new assets ... just let us use the assets already in the game. Please.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.

Comments

• teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    I support this wholly.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    I also support this, but I hope it can be expanded to include shuttles too. I have the Tal'kyr shuttle and the Federation shuttle runabout bridge doesn't fit at all. But the Romulan shuttle bridge would be much more fitting for a Vulcan shuttle.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Agreed - and it's not just limited to the Federation; on the KDF side, the generic bridge or Kazon bridge would work well for the Gorn, Orion and/or Nausicaan ships. (It's always a little immersion-breaking to me to have an Orion crew on a Marauder FDC and a Klingon bridge or a Gorn crew on a Gorn ship and a Klingon bridge)

I can understand how some bridges would be too obvious for this to work for them - the Tholian bridges, for example - but others like the 'starship' bridge from the APU Cruiser and Malon Battlecruiser are supposed to be generic bridges that could be used by almost any spacegoing race...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    I'd support this wholeheartedly as well, for the same reasoning. Let _us_ worry about finding a bridge that fits the ship and experience we want to have while flying.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    +1
    I really love the bridges the bort & ody come with but unfortunately they're locked to their family.
    Would also solve the issue of the temporal ships being locked to the the wells bridge.