test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bringing awareness to a broken and cheaply made tailor...

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
The tailor is a sad state of affairs. Its gotten to the point where i wont make half my Premium races due to how poorly the tailor is done. Trills loose their spots on so many pieces its not even funny, the skins do not match, there are horrible seams on the waists of all the playable races. Trills spots do not flow smoothly into each other. The Cats skin textures dont even match or blend into each other. The paws look horrible. So many bugs and glitches...

I was going to make a new Trill today, but after loading up T'Pols outfit, I saw the neck spots were gone, and there was a huge gap between the neck and chest in general. So theres a premium race I had to spend money on to play and it looks like a kid with Photoshop went at it. The whole tailor needs to be rebuilt, care needs to be put into it, Cryptic needs to offer a product that is actually good and made professionally. As it is, it just looks like a cash grab. Go to any modding site and you will see people who have made body mods for other games that are flawless, no seams, not errors. If they can do it, paid staff can to.

Anyone else agree? Anyone else just fed up with how cheap it all feels? Please, if you feel the same way then send in a bug report, talk about it, make noise and they will listen. I love Star Trek Online. Been here since P2P. I want to see it be a Gold MMO.
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Some clipping issue ain't even close to the top of my issues with this game. Hell, there is a bug right now that is keeping me from playing 4 of my toons until it gets fixed (basically all my rommies). This game ain't gonna be gold anything...right now I'd settle for bronze where game breaking bugs gets fixed within a month or so...instead of this issue being around for some 6 months because it doesn't affect the feddie bears. So please, don't take it the wrong way when I say, I don't care that your feddie bear trill has a small graphical glitch when I can't even play my romulans because of game breaking bugs.

Like the one where you can't skip the 'yesterday's war' stuff?

I've got three characters who can't do anything story arc wise because those missions aren't skippable, which leaves them stuck doing Doffing or queues, thanks to the lack of KDF players the queues (the level 11 to 49 ones) are dead except for certain times during a weekend (Sunday actually) so I'm stuck with Doffing.
    Been using the tailor for 4 years now never ran into any issues.

That's either bait for trolling with or you don't actually use the tailor after making a character.

There is no way to use the tailor for four years without running into -
    1) palette colours being different on tops and bottoms or uniforms,
    2) palette colours linking so you change to colour of multiple items regardless of whether you want to,
    3) hideous lighting in the tailor itself, so much so that it doesn't actually help you to see what colours you are using,
    4) Uniform sets not matching in textures (matt tops and glossy bottoms mostly),
    5) Saving an outfit doesn't let you name it and it doesn't include to outfit name you set or the Boffs name you saved it on, just date-time along with your character name and @handle.
    6) clipping issues so bad that you have to either use alternate items instead of a uniform set, alter your character's body to stop it or just don't use the items.
    7) body parts disappearing when wearing items - example only recently did they finally fix the vanishing-legs-when-using-lobi-mirror-hotpants bug,
    8) clothing items and uniform set pieces not being available for selection as an example the recent issue with caitians and hats,
    9) selecting 'just outfit' and it not loading the outfit at all,

Should I continue or were you just trolling?
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    The ones I see the most. Is the hair clipping into the uniform. This is why I don't choose certain hair styles.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    *puts on tanking hat* A lot of time and work has gone into our tailor. It is definitely NOT just a cash grab and even some of the work has been done after hours and on weekends unpaid. *takes off tanking hat*

That said there are a lot of bugs because of how old it is. The liberated borg are another premium race that get massively obvious color changes. For example, the "infected" skin is only available for the head so any outfit that has bare hands or arms or legs is instantly mismatched. This was fixed in 2015, but the fix only lasted for I think three months before it broke again.

Many shoulder and chest pieces are linked to scale with the body sliders in odd ways. Like getting a wider shoulder sometimes makes taller straps that start floating over your shoulders. Or increasing/decreasing breast size sometimes makes the engineering kit pieces on your back and shoulders also grow and shrink. That one is comical actually. We have had I think five or six separate bugs that caused body parts to go invisible. These all got fixed pretty quickly.

On the lighting, there is a setting available to switch between neutral, earth, new romulus and Qo'onos lighting. Sometimes changing which setting you use helps a lot. But ideally I'd love to get a copy of the green-rooms that Champions Online has in their tailor zones inside the powerhouse. Also, for RP purposes the changing rooms built into their tailor shops are cool too.

I would really love to see the tailor interface and many of the bodies redone as part of a future expansion. Space Barbie is the true endgame and that is not just ships.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13013569
    @crypticjoejing :The TOS Klingon assets were a much bigger undertaking than you might think. Yet, with our limited character team size (2 people!) and very limited time, we managed to squeeze out quite a bit more than expected and originally planned.

Cut them some slack. They only have 2 devs who work on the tailor.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    I would love to know why on my Rom\kdf char the Zen store formal outfit is not all under off duty outfits any more I can wear the belt with any uniform n don't no what happened to the skirt but I could not find it.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    *Secretly attaches a luck siphon to @azrael605*
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User

There is no way to use the tailor for four years without running into -
    1) palette colours being different on tops and bottoms or uniforms,
    2) palette colours linking so you change to colour of multiple items regardless of whether you want to,
    3) hideous lighting in the tailor itself, so much so that it doesn't actually help you to see what colours you are using,
    4) Uniform sets not matching in textures (matt tops and glossy bottoms mostly),
    5) Saving an outfit doesn't let you name it and it doesn't include to outfit name you set or the Boffs name you saved it on, just date-time along with your character name and @handle.
    6) clipping issues so bad that you have to either use alternate items instead of a uniform set, alter your character's body to stop it or just don't use the items.
    7) body parts disappearing when wearing items - example only recently did they finally fix the vanishing-legs-when-using-lobi-mirror-hotpants bug,
    8) clothing items and uniform set pieces not being available for selection as an example the recent issue with caitians and hats,
    9) selecting 'just outfit' and it not loading the outfit at all

Yes to the above, but see below:

As to 1 - Too many different palettes first off and then color inconsistencies between them. If you have a diverse crew then while you are able to use the same parts on them for an Outfit - the palette is different so you have no consistency in Uniform colors (Romulans with Federation Species Boffs and vice versa, the Diplomacy/Marauding Boff and your crew where you use the same Uniform). Also, while EVERY other Female Character/Boff in the game from all factions can use the Seven of Nine Outfit, the KDF Borg Liberated Boff (only) can not select that Uniform - Tight Outfit.

As to 2 - That usually manifests itself with items attached to arms or chest and waist, but I note that it is inconsistent between Boffs when outfitting the crew. Some may have it linked and others not, and they can be of the same species.

As to 5 - The only time I get that naming convention is when I 'Load Outfit' from another Boff or Character (that Character's or from another Character on the Account).

As to 6 - Hair bleeding through Uniform parts is the most observed.

As to 7 - Trill and Klingons have the most problems.

As to 9 - I find that I usually need to scroll the list down past a lot of empty space for the Outfits to appear and then when you scroll back up you see what was in that 'empty' space. I find that I need to leave unchecked the 'Only Outfit' selector when trying to get Outfits displayed, select the one I want, and THEN check the 'Only Outfit' selector.

As far as your other issue and putting it in terms of colors, if you said 'White' then 'Black' will be the normal response. :)

'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ^.^

*sings badly*
    Gloom, despair and agony oh me
    I have loved my li-ife in excessive misery
    If it weren't for ba-ad luck i'd have no luck at all
    Gloom, despair and agony oh me
    */bad singing*

Seriously though, I know the feeling.
  • Options
    aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    I have the problem in which it says my outfit has old parts or something to that affect. Then it just erases my characters features and replaces it with simplistic outfits that come from the reputation system.

I have a lot of the visuals unlocked, but when I want to alter them - it screws up everything and have to tediously alter each bridge officer to get an uniform look. Pressing 'Just outfit' does nothing unless they're the same race and sometimes gender.

It often loads half of the outfit as well removes hair and stuff like that. It's annoying if you want to change all your bridge officers.

I also have the problem when I want to alter my bridge officers, it won't load the very first bridge officer in the list, but instead will load my captain and visa versa.
    giphy.gif