test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Targeting idea that I want in this game.

I want to be able to target two ships at a time! One hostile and one friendly. I want to be able to do dps and heal an ally at the same time! There should be a system that lets us fight enemies and quickly lets us pick a friendly target to heal like another player in STF's. Is there other players that will use this system?

Comments

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    In a way, you can.

Assist target or Target of Target is an "Option"

There are also options under "Options/Keybinds" where you can assign keys to target friendlies.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Assist by blowing up all targets.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Game options>Controls
    Click the dropdown at the very top for space/ground controls

For space I have this set up:
    Screenshot%204_zpsjoq5t1vg.png~original

With my weapons set to auto-fire, I can keep a target lock on another player or NPC and my weapons will fire at an enemy ship nearby. With FAW you can heal/support and shoot everything all at the same time.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    The other day I was fighting these two ships in a mission. It was my AoY character in his lieutenant ship. Two beams fore, a torpedo aft. I smoked one enemies shield and turned towards to second target, turning my aft towards the first target to deliver the torpedo. Game mechanics obstructed me from firing the beams at the second target, because my aft torpedo cannot be fired at the first one.

Quite a challenge, I think, to make the combat system so we can select targets per weapon. It would give in my opinion a much more dynamic fighting experience.